Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - June/July 2008

Morning All,

Sorry I've been laying low this week. Had my op on Monday and have surprisingly been in quite a bit of pain and not too comfortable. FS found some endo which he cleaned up and he also drilled my ovaries. He checked everything else out and gave me a D&C so I'm apparently all ready to do another TF next month.

Was really shocked how much the op knocked me around. Have been on the lounge all week resting and relaxing. Still not able to get out and do anything but hopefully after the weekend I'll be all good again.

TG- congrats sweets...you must be so over the moon. I'm so happy for you.

Janie- Glad to hear the family is going well. Hoping your little nephew is getting stronger everyday.

I'll try to catch up with where everyone else is at..know I'm thinking of you all..

Am very emotional this week. Am just fed up with all that we have to go through to have a precious little baby..it's just so unfair. I refuse to watch the news now. Have told DH it should be renamed "tradgedy".....there is no news, only heartbreak.

I just pray for the strength to keep going on this TTC journey and for a healthy baby in my arms soon.

Have a good day all

Hugs Bel

well firstly let me say if you are not doing acupuncture you need to try it!
    it was amazing and i felt so relaxed it was like i was floating on air. it was incredible. the lady put some in for my nervous system as still bit stressed and some for fertility, i can't believe how good it was.
    i've got 2nd session next thur, can't wait!!

missk: hope you feel better soon

possums: good job with eggs, 3 is ok, some only get one. i hope they all make it to day 5

meredith: hope scan goes well, good luck:goodluck2:

bec: glad you didn't dissappear

tl: hope those nasty headaces go away soon

kate: welcome to us lttc

bee: i had a stitch like pain when doing injections, only on left side and didn't go even aft epu. i was on gonal f but prob same stuff mostly? anyway hope you feel better soon

janie:hope lining is doing job and as you prob read acu was GREAT!!
    glad your nephew is getting better.

saph: get better hun, fingers crossed for miracle bub

bel: what a week for you, you need rest and hope you get better soon, at least now you'll be all ready for your next cycle, all clean and ready for bubs home.

anyone who i missed HI, sometimes i am just slack.
    chat soon

JBM congrats on selling your house! I hate moving, good luck with it all.

MissK good luck with preg bt today. I really hope the OHSS settles down for you and you dont have to be hospitalised.

Janie hopefully things move quicker for you but YAY at the possibility of being in the TWW together again. Hopefully this time we will both have a great result in the end! It so cute to hear that your little nephew opened his little eyes and cried. I can just imagine how big and emotional that moment must have been for you all especially your sister and brother in law.

Possums good luck with your embies. Just remember that three is still a good number. I only had one when i did my last cycle so i would have been over the moon if i had three. Best of luck.

MeredithD hope your scan today shows things have improved and you have some bigger follies and thicker lining. Good luck.

Welcome KateB. You have definately come to the right place for wonderful support.

Saph i hope the flu goes away and best of luck in your TWW.

Bel i hope your feeling better after your op. It sounds like you are ready for a successful cycle. I know what you mean about being emotional and about the news just being all about tragedy. For me, i find the news that hurts me the most is ones where kids are involved. Especially when they are killed or abandoned by their parents. It hurts me so much because i know what soooo many of us are going through emotionally and physically to try and bring a child into this world yet its people that dont deserve them that end up with them without even wanting them!! It just doesnt make sense.

A big hello to everyone else in here Hope you are all doing well.

I start on the injections tomorrow I love this stage because it finally feels like i am doing something and progressing on this journey.

I am soooooooooooo glad its Friday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hi everyone.

Bel- sorry you are at a low point today...I have been having a bad day with things and I have not been on this journey for a baby as long as you have, so I can only imagine how it must start to feel after a longer amount of time.
    I hope you recover from your op soon.

Paula- it's great you are at the injections phase..i felt relieved when we got there this cycle. Thanks for the kind words about our embryos...I guess we weren't sure what to expect, and then when we got 10 eggs, thought that more would fertilise. I feel a little calmer this afternoon, trying to stay positive and glad we have those three.

Miss K- hope you are doing ok with the OHSS...and feel much better soon

Saph- I have just recovered from the flu and it sux! hope you are feeling better and good luck with the wait.

Sorry if i have missed others. hope you are all going OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Possums View Post
    tiggerlinda- hopefully you are feeling good and making eggs !

As for me I am pretty disppointed today I must admit. We found out only 3 of our 10 eggs have fertilised. I know we only need one, but I also know not all usually make it to Day 5 . I just pray one of our little embryos gets there and am trying to be positive and glad we have those three. Had a few tears this morning. Just a bit tired and emotional I think. This rollercoaster is hard work.
    Possum...... I had 10 eggs and I had 3 fertilize...... 1 it was decided by FS it wouldnt survive the freeze and the other 2 were transferred..... those other 2 are my little angels..... They didnt make it through the 9 months.... but they did make it.

Dont give up sweetie... it only takes one...just pray for your little miracle

Thanks Angel Babies...that's encouraging to hear...and thanks for the support everyone here.

It helps me feel less alone in my journey and my anxieties and all the little ups and downs along the way. I must admit IVF, even this first STIM cycle has been harder than we thought it would be. And it was a surprise when DH's sperm count wasn't great and we had to use ICSI. We ended up here really because I have lost my right tube after the ectopic and the left one is in bad shape, so I have a little transport problem!
    We always thought, like so many, we'd just decide to have a baby, and not long after that, it would happen. lol

Hey everyone - thanks for the warm welcomes!

Bel - I haven't started my cycle yet, but I can relate to how you feel - it sucks basically that what seems so easy for others is hard for us. I can't believe how many of my friends didn't really want children initially, then decided to have them and got pregnant straight away - yet I've always wanted to be a Mum and we're struggling - where's the logic? Big hugs to you!

We had our 'injection' training today and got to stick a needle into a model of skin tissue. That was easy, but I'm sure it will be a different story when I actually have to do it to myself! Still - it will be worth it if we end up with our baby.

We are doing a short cycle - hopefully will start injections next week.

KateB - That's great you are doing a short cycle, timewise it is more like doing a natural cycle. My first cycle was a down reg long cycle. It took 43 looooong days (taking the pill, sniffing and then jabbing) just to get to EPU, then obviously another TWW to find out if we were pregnant or not! All in all a long time.

Janie xxx

Hey Janie,

Yes I've realised we are lucky - I didn't realise there were 'types' of IVF before we started. I didn't really know much about IVF at all really - maybe I even thought we just went to a clinic and got a baby all gurgling and cute and wrapped up in a bunny rug! But guess not!

Hey Ladies,
    Just a quick Update on myself.. I got my results back HCG is 22 at the moment I am only 12DPO so can I assume thats good? I am soooo sick at the moment with this OHSS aswell nothing seems to be helping I am going to get some panadeine forte and then see if that helps if it does not then I will have to be admitted into hospital I am soo scared I keep getting hot and cold flushes too and really bad stomach pains ...

Thanks to you all for listening to me and sorry about being slack on personals!

Hey Miss K - I don't know much about levels so can't help out there. Please don't apologise for anything - you need to take care of yourself number one priority! I hope you feel so much better soon. Will be for you!

paula: good luck with injections, i'm glad for weekend too.

kate: good to practice jabbing, don't forget to pull out epipen before you jab yourself, like i did and had to do it 2 times first go. ouch. not too bad after that. i just pinched fat bit of tummy real hard before injecting, think it helped me? good luck

janie: hope your acu goes well tommorrow, good luck

missk: hoping you feel better soon, when do you know for sure if you preg or not? i don't understand the numbers for tests?,
    good luck to you

angelbabies: hi, how are you feeling? hope you ok

possums: hi, you are not alone and bb is great, i could not have survived without the support i get in here.

hi to everyone.

HI ladies. Hope everyone having nice weekend.

Possums - Hoping your 3 little embies are strong ones and make it all the way. Are you having day5 transfer?

Tiggerlinda - How are you going darl? Have you had follie scan yet?

KateB - welcome and best of luck on your journey. I am hoping you are not with us very long before you move on to a pg thread (not that we wouldn't enjoy your company here!)

MissK - Did you have a pregnyl trigger? If not, then 22 at 12dpo sounds like a BFP to me - Yay, yay!!
    Hoping the OHSS settles very soon so you can start to enjoy it

Saph - praying you get a natural miracle this month

Janie - Hoping the extra progynova is doing the trick for you and there is a nice thick lining by Mon

Bel - rest up darl. Hoping a good "clean out" does the trick for next cycle

JBM - acupuncture is great eh? Hope it does the trick for you

Paula - yep, the news frustrates me too. Lately there has been so many stories of child neglect. It breaks my heart to think so many babies are so unappreciated, yet their parents just keep breeding like rabbits! Best of luck for this cycle. Hopefully it is your last for a long, long time

AFM - Had scan yesterday. Follies still very slow. 14mm on left ovary and 11mm on right. Lining slightly better at 4.5mm which I am ok with since at least better and still more time to improve. Thought they would get me back for another scan on Mon but FN has decided just to do IUI on Tues assuming follies will be ready. Would have preferred to go a,little longer for lining to thicken but can't really argue. I think they are worried I might suddenly develop to many follies and have to cancel. Just praying everything grows well in the next few days. This has been such a looong and weird cycle. I usually stim so much better.

Hi, just online quickly so sorry no replies at length. MIss K..hope you feel better soon! good luck.
    Just wanted to report in that so far the three embies are still growing...two look strong and one is growing a bit slowly. We are happy with that news and believe we'll have at least one strong one come Day 5. Transfer Day 5, on Monday morning, so we will drive down and stay overnight tomorrow night and then won't know for sure if there is one to transfer until mon morn. We are thinking positive and sending energy to our little embryos. Still VERY nervous though. But glad at least the three are still hanging in there today.
    All the best to everyone.

Hello Girls,

Well i worked out what was causing my stitch today, at my first ultrasound it showed i had 25-30 follicles developing on each side which is putting some pressure on my other organs. Not sure whats going to happen next but its such a rollercoaster ride. Well girls sorry to be short and sweet but my nephew wants soemone to play monopoly with.

Will talk soon until then try to stay be positive, im praying for us all.

Love Bee (24) DH (30)

barney Guest

hi girls just wanted to pop in and wish possums good luk for transfer ,i hope you go well hunny

to everyone else i just want to say HI and best of luk to you what ever stage your up to in your cycles,im still around just lurking till i save some more $$$
    take care all

Evening All,

I've had another day of rest and relaxation. Am still very sore and am not able to get out yet. Is this normal after the lap and removal of endo? Monday will be a week since my op.

Possums- sounds good with your little ones. I'll be thinking of you on Monday morning and hoping that all goes well for you.

Bee- Look after yourself and just take it easy

All my other lovely friends...sorry for no personals. I'm at my families house while DH is away and dinner is coming out of the oven.

Have a good night

Hugs Bel

Hey everyone,

Just had to share this dream I had with you all last night - it just shows how the mind is working away in the background. I dreamt I was giving myself my first injection with the pen - I went to jab it in and it literally exploded and I couldn't then use it. I called up our IVF clinic and I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me and they were saying 'we really should mention about the exploding needles so that people wont be alarmed when it happens.'

Wierd! Though I'm sure that's one dream that wont come true!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast