Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

Thanks BG, and great to hear that you are cleared to start TTC again. I was in the same position this time last year, and can totally understand how much you want to get things moving again! I really hope you don't have to wait too long for your dream to come true.

BG, it must feel good to be able to get back into the swing of things. Sounds like you're healing up nicely from your surgery, too.

I think I'm getting back on track with the exercise thing. It has been so hard to find the motivation to get started again after being so run down for those few weeks. This afternoon a friend took me for a walk around a very nice and peaceful, but also very hilly cycle way. I very soon discovered that the day was much warmer than I thought, and my fitness levels are really quite pathetic! I'm still feeling quite good now, and hopefully now that I've remembered the good feeling you get after exercise, I should be a bit more motivated to do something a bit more often.

The blood test has arrived! I'm having a bit of a sleep in tomorrow and rocking up to the clinic around 9:30, then slowly making my way back to work for my first class at 1:30. It's such a lazy day tomorrow! It all gets busy after that, with a mad race to acupuncture after work, then race home and pack, and up at some ungodly hour saturday morning to go away for the weekend. I remembered that when I was on the synarel, at this point I suddenly had buckets of EWCM, and that was my first clue that things were a bit off track. Nothing of the sort today, so things are certainly looking much better than last time!

Mon, welcome. I hope you find this place as wonderful and supportive as I have, and that FET works!

BW

We talked last night and are still going to go with the "natural miracle" so im doing lots of positive thoughts. Images of my eggies being really good with unstretched hands, and grabbing of one of those good spermies and putting it inside.

Im in two minds about work tomorrow. I better just type up my program just in case.

Mon I hope that you find this a great place for support as i have.
    BW Good Luck tomorrow. Well done for the exercise

Hi there everyone,
    Just wondering if you would mind me joining in??

I'm currently doing IVF ICSI and have started the gonal F today. I'm anticipating that the next few weeks will be pretty anxious ones!
    This is my second IVF ICSI. DH and I were TTC #1 for 6 years, first naturally then on clomid for 18months then ICSI. DH had only 2% normal sperm and I wasn't ovulating.
    This thread was my lifeline last time around!
    So now we're back for round 2!

Carrie - welcome! i really hope you don't have to be around for too long!

Thanks - I hope so too , and ditto for everyone else in here!

hi there
    thought i might do a bit of gatecrashing too! quick history- me 31 DH 33. two boys aged 3 and 4, had a tubal ligation 3 years ago and now are going though ivf at concept fertility clinic. Had our 4th appointment today. i start synarel nasal spray on monday and on the first friday after my time of month i start puregon injections.

this is our first attempt at IVF and i know its probably very wishful thinking but i hope it works quickly!! if at all.

this thread seems like the best to chat and pick peoples brain on. i think im pretty organised and well informed but i know i will some sort of support from people going through similar situations when the going gets tough and emotional.

hope to chat soon

Welcome Carrie. Ditto to what BG has said, Its great that you are here but hope that it isnt for too long.

Sonya Good Luck with starting IVF. The support you find here is priceless.

HI

Carrie & Sonya - Just wanted to say Welcome home your stay is short and you leave here a little heavier!
    Good luck with the Blood tests today BW!

S

Welcome Carrie and Sonya. Good luck to you both.

I'm just about ready to head in for my blood test, and I'm feeling positive that it will go right this time. I've got butterflies, but more from excitement than nerves right now. Summer, thanks so much for your message. It means a lot to know that people are thinking of me.

I'm still in that good place I found last night. Anyway, must dash as I've had an altogether far too relaxing morning, and I'm going to be late if I don't get a move on!

BW

Glad you got the message, you know how bad my reception is here and I had to send it a couple of times.
    Im excited just reading that you are all relaxed and excited about this. Cant wait to hear all about it later on today.

Sammi Jane Guest

Carrie and Sonya - welcome! I hope your stay is short.

Kim - sorry, I left work and I'm only just back on the computer. We have 5 embies left but I'm waiting on the call today for an update. The scientist said we'll probably end up with 1 or 2 good ones for ET on Saturday. She said that whether you start with 20 or 5 you usually end up with only 1 or 2 good ones by blast stage. Not sure if that's true, but that's what she said.
    BW - good luck with your b/t. I hope all goes well.

BG - that's great news that you can start again!!

Mon - I don't know about medicated vs. natural, but I wish you luck with your FET.

SS - good luck catching that eggie!!!

Well, for me it's one more sleep before ET. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not looking forward to the actual process of it, but I'm kind of excited about the possibility of being pregnant, but worried at the same time of failure. Very mixed emotions...

Hi

Sammi - Just thought i would let you know i only had 10 eggs at retrieval and still ended up with 3 great Blasts at day 5, Good luck with transfer hope its a sticky emby!

S

Sammi Jane Guest

Thanks Shannon, they're great results for you, but as you know, it's not the end of the race! Good luck to you though. I hope you realise your dream soon!

Just need to vent again....... the wait is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, glad that's out of my system. Had a really bad dream last night that AF arrived.... hope that's not a sign of things to come.

Welcome Carrie, hope your stay with us is nice and short.

It's amazing how interacting with just one person can take you from feeling confident and content straight to a stressed out bucket of nerves!

There's one particular nurse at the clinic that I just don't really like all that much. She's the one who made me feel like an idiot for being concerned about the bleeding when it turned out I was right all along. I had her for my blood test this morning.

Everything started out as normal, my body once again getting the desperate urge to pee as soon as I walk into the building - happens EVERY single time I go there! Sat and browsed the magazines for a bit then got called.

And that where things start to go weird. She peers at my notes for what seems like ages and then comments on the bad result I had last time at this stage. Apparently my LH was ridiculously high at that point. Then gets confused over whether I'm on lucrin or synarel. Then doesn't understand what I'm saying when I tell her I need more lucrin and spends ages chasing that up.

But the worst thing... every time I've gone in for a test or anything, they've always told me what to expect next. This time... I just get a "wait and see, we'll tell you what's happening when we call you this afternoon". Just what I needed to notice! The nurses have realised that I'm such a problem patient they aren't even going to tell me what's next!

I'm glad I didn't feel like this last night, I'd never have got any sleep. The one comforting thought in all this, is that whatever I feel like now, the blood is taken and it's not going to change my results.

Byebye happy, confident, peaceful BW and hello stressed-out, nervous and worried BW.

BW

:hugs: BW
    I wish I could make the time fly by so you could find out the results now for you.

BW - i feel for you hun! i really hope you get good news this arvo. i know you have an issue with this nurse (and for good reason) so i'm not going to try to justify what she's done. i'm just hoping that she's leaving it in the hands of the FS to work out what course of action is best for you without telling you something that may not eventuate.

good luck hun. thinkin of you today....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast