Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

Holly - don't give up hope yet Hun! see how you go - still got my fingers crossed for you! sending big cyber hugs to you

Sazz - i will probably be starting synarel again on thursday too, but working toward IUI not ICSI - and yeah, i agree, a week away (even a whole day) and it takes forever to get yourself back up to speed

Alex Guest

Hi,

I'm sorry that I haven't been around for a while. I am emotionally exhausted at the moment and I apologise for not catching up on the thread. We got the results of our genetic tests yesterday, thankfully, DH and I are both fine, I am so relieved. I've finished work, so now all I have to do is concentrate on TTC.

Still going for acupuncture, we're going to give it another 2 months, and then try the icsi again. I'm thinking now that the main problem is the quality of my eggs, so hopefully the acupuncture will help.

I really hope everyone is OK, I promise I'll catch up on the thread asap.

Damn! I just went looking for the sheet of paper the clinic gave me when we picked up the puregon. I can't even remember what was on the sheet of paper, except for the fact that stapled to it was a little list of numbers that showed how much puregon would be left in the cartridge after each injection. It's gone! I packed it in the cooler bag when we went to Tamworth, and the last time either me or DH can recall seeing it was when we were there. It's not on the kitchen bench where I unpacked the cooler back, the top of the freezer where all my tablets live, the coffee table in the lounge room where I prepare my injections, the general dumping ground of the dining table... it's not anywhere!!!

Why do I have to be so good at losing things?

BW

each vial should contain 600IU - so if you're on 150 IU per night, you can assume night five you need to have a new vial

hope that helps BW

BW...the pen should have a safety feature that wont let you dial up or lock in anymore puregon than what is left in the vial. So try not to panic...if there is not enough for a full dose it won't let you do it and that will tell you to start a new pen.

Hi there,
    Finally Iíve got to sit down for a moment! Iíve got a Postie party (clothes) here tomorrow and have been madly cleaning all day and baking choc chip cookies. Only problem is that I made a double batch and later realised that I had done it with plain rather than SR flour, so had to do the whole lot again!
    BW- Gosh you sound like me with the hot cross buns. I have a pack in the cupboard at the moment. I love them toasted and smothered in marjÖMmmmmm. Not so good for my weight though!
    Smudge- What a bummer! I was the same on my first ICSI cycle, I think from memory I had about 4 scans and was on the injections for three weeks. Finally I got to EPU though. This time they are using a higher dose, so hopefully that wonít happen again. I hope those stubborn follies of your have a nice growth spurt over the next few days!!!
    BG- Hope the BT goes well tomorrow and that you find some Syneral. Whatís the cheapest youíve got it?
    Sazza- Glad that all is on track for you. YAY for your cycle starting Thursday! And you too BG!!
    Alex- Hi there. Thatís great that youíve finished work now, have you stopped for good, or just taking a break? Hopefully the acupuncture (and being able to focus solely on ttc without other pressures) will do the trick for you.

It's not so much the numbers that worry me. I can recalculate the amounts with no drama. What's bothering me is that there's a piece of paper that the clinic gave me... and I just can't remember what was on it! DH and I have both double and triple checked all the usual places, and not so usual places for things to end up... nothing! I've even checked the car - found all sorts of interesting stuff, but no piece of paper that I'm looking for.

It's a weird feeling - I know there's some information that my clinic has given me, but I now have no idea what it was, where it is, and whether it's something I really need to know or not. DH is telling me to just call the clinic and ask for another copy "I was in a month ago, and you gave me a piece of paper with some information on it that I lost. I can't remember what it was, but I'd like another copy, please". Seems to me that it's a great way to make me feel even more stupid than I do already!

Blargh! And I just messed up my calculations because I have 900 IU cartridges, not 600!

I think I need to just go to bed.

BW

hehehe...Bed sounds good BW.....you know you will find the piece of paper about a weeks after you need it, it is always the way.

Hi Everyone

Well one week down and one to go, the TWW is going pretty good, nothing happening really. Just wanted to say hi...

Shannon and Mel, so sorry bout the BFN but thats the way, back in the saddle!!

Holly hope you are ok and that it was only spotting!!

Yay BG we will be cycle buddies! I have been sitting here for a few months waiting and seeing so many of these girls cycling together and thinking I would do it alone. It will be great to compare treatments, I hope yours goes smoothly!
    Hi to everyone in the waiting period. Always waiting,,, waiting for AF, TWW, waiting for start dates, waiting for tests. I guess we all spend most of our time waiting for something. Hope everyone has a good day and BW finds whatever it is on that pesky bit of paper. Probably, like Mel says, it will turn up when you dont need it anymore. Lets hope that whatever is on it isnt important anyhow.

Hi girls, just checking in quickly.

BG - Fantastic news about the benign cyst and being able to start back TTC!

BW - Sending you some hugs. Hope you get a nicer nurse next time. Mmmm toasted hot cross buns sound yummy, do you toast them in the grill?

Mel and Shannon - So sorry to hear about your BFN's.

Holly - How are you? Your symptoms were sounding good. Hope AF stays away.

BIG hello to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

Have a quick question for you all. I just made the appointment with a new GP to get a new referral as my previous one I got in september 2004. When I got the referral, I had a b/t and u/s done and the u/s showed something which I asked my then GP if it could've been ovulation about to occur, which he said it probably was.
    Anyway, when I take my referral to the new GP, do you think I should take the u/s results/scans and my chart if I can print it off? (printer is playing up!)

Nic

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in & give an update... AF arrived full flight this morning.... my god its the heaviest one I've had in a very long time..... the price you pay for being 4 days late!!!
    Have spoken to my acupuncturist who thinks the reason for the lateness may have been from the aspirin I have been taking everyday to help the ovaries & lining... it will eventually help with implantation for next cycle of IVF... well at least it did its job and held the lining in place!!!!! (For 4 days longer anyway!!!)

Not much else here happening... my little man has settled down now in regards to everything with his new baby sister so I'm a lot more at ease... I guess the stress of last week may have been enough to make AF late as well???

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you guys in the 2ww, and good luck to BG and your appointment today!
    I know I've just missed so many of you but I can't go back far enough on the thread!!!

Kim B - How are you feeling??? Not too long to wait now!!!
    Two Mums - Hope the next week flies for you guys.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Holly
    xxx

Hi everyone, just popping in very quicly to announce tht I have a BFP!!
    Had to have my test a day early, as I have been seriously ill- turns out I have been hyperstimulated and becasue I am now pg, will be sick for 5-6 more weeks- lots of bed rest is the only cure!! Anyway HCG levels a day early were 144, which they said they were very happy with. Now just nervously waiting for the next 8 weeks to pass, so we can make it tothe magic 12 week milestone.

Forgot to say-

Hi again Carrie. See you are using Dr McBain too!!

Big Hugs for you Mel Bel.

I will probably not be on the net much- depending really how I feel each day, so in the meantime, have my fingers crossed for everyone.

YAY!!! EJE, awesome news! Sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope it's all worth it in the end.

Holly, stress can be another thing that delays AF. I hope you have more luck next time.

I'm having a bad day. I'm exhausted - physically, mentally, emotionally. I've had a snarky email from my HOD about assessments that I'm supposed to have set - one was late because the teacher who was checking it was off sick, the other slipped my mind. I just want to sit here and cry! My arthritis is hurting me, I can hardly walk - the pain adds to the exhaustion, and I can't take the naprosyn to sort it out.

I'm really not coping at all today. I'm sitting here and looking at the state I'm in and wondering how on earth am I going to cope when I'm pregnant? This is bad enough! How on earth am I going to cope with caring for a baby when DH is having to do so much in the way of caring for me. I'm starting to think we are doing the wrong thing here.

BW

EJE - wow, so thrilled for you. I hope the next 8 weeks fly by for you. It's so nice to get to share other's good news.
    BW - stay strong, remember drugs and stress and pain do crazy things to your hormones and emotions. Don't question the decisions you made when your mind was clearer.
    Funny how i can say that to you - but i can't take my own advice. I have a 24/7 headache and spend most of my time in a bit of a haze from the Imigran. Tears at the drop of a hat (like the poor cute little polar bear on the telly).
    I'm out of work at present and struggling with that too. I know i am lucky to not have to go to work, but getting rejected for jobs is hard too - and the spare time is making me a bit loopy. Now all the well meaning nosey's in our life are suggesting that, seeing as i am not working, maybe we should start a family ...

Sammi Jane Guest

CONGRATULATIONS EJE!!!!

You must be over the moon! I'm so happy for you!! Lots of bed rest and look after yourself. I hope you have a healthy 9 months.

Let's hope there's a few more of those coming our way girls!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Congratulations EJE! We've got some great results here lately! Keep 'em coming!

Well, my little chatterboxes, it's new thread time again!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678