Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

slyder Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The old thread is here

Hi Slyder and Ladies

Sandi - glad to hear you are keeping positive - hope the naturopath goes well for you

Carly - welcome to the thread - hope your puregon injecting goes well without too much pain and bruising

Miss C - hope your DH is responding well to your nursing care

PLC - regards my AF after my lap, hyst etc - my bleeding post operative was quite light but my first actual AF bleed 14 days later (normal due date) was a lot heavier than normal - hope this helps you to feel more comfortable about your own situation

Wow, new thread time already.
    Bleh, is Sunday really over already? It feels like the weekend has only just begun. Am hoping for a cruisy day at work but not much chance of that happening, I didn't leave the office before 7pm every day last week which is just [email protected]

Feeling a little bloated tonight, hopefully that means something is happening in there

Kyles - sorry what I mean was were ur AFs regular time-wise after the 2 week post lap AF. Did they go back to ur regular 28 day or 27 day or whatever cycle? My post lap AF was not light - just a normal AF - intensity and days. Thanks for ur help
    TL - I'm really so glad that u got the job and can tell the old job to take their job and shove it - not in as many words maybe Does this mean ur less likely to come to Melb ?
    Carly - hun - welcome welcome welcome!!! I have been a little pre-occupied re myself that I have forgotten my manners. I wish you all the best for your journey and look forward to getting to know you better

Hello to all the other lovely ladies - and for those who don't have that holiday today, I wish you an easy day at work if you're not already at home.

Pcl - Yes it does mean less Melb trips but I do see family from time to time so I am sure we can catch up then

Shel Guest

Hi lovely ladies,

Hope you are all well and ready for another week, what happened to the weekend!

I haven't been in here for a while so apologies for the individual posts that I have missed.

Miss C and Kyles - fingers crossed for your BT's on 17/3, send lots of sticky vibes your way.

TL - Congratulations on the new job, how exciting for you, bet you are looking forward to the change

Sandi - good luck with the naturopath and let us know how you go.

Numa - welcome, the ladies here are brilliant and very supportive

Best of luck and wishes to all the other ladies in here and thanks for your posts, they are very encouraging.

I am in the TWW following my IUI and counting down to Friday to find out, fingers and everything crossed.

My back was out last week and I tried out a new osteopath in Brisbane who was brilliant and has done lots of work with fertility in the past. As well as fixing my back she did all sorts of things to help with blood flow and musles around the pelvic area, if anyone in Brisbane would like her details let me know.

Hope you all have a great week.

Shel

Shel -sorry about you back I have everything crossed for you

Best of luck Shel...I can soooo sympathise with you about your back....

My scan this morning didn't go so well. From memory my antral follicle count was 25, and right now I have 11 follicles all less than 5mm on my left side, 4 on my right (or is it the other way round?) that are less than 5mm and a scattering of 5mm & 6mm follicles.

Last cycle they had already grown to around 8mm at this point with only three days of injections, and now I've had five days of gonal-f... this is so confusing!

I think they were aiming for EPU on Friday which would be perfect timing in terms of work, public holidays and availability, but I just don't think my ovaries will be ready. GRRRRRRR

Bec sweet this is what happened to me last round and that is when the Natropath suggested heat packs. I tend to go a couple of days either way with EPU but never as expected please don't stress to much sweet

Bec - I'm with Linda - some cycles my eggies take longer then others to mature..so sometimes I have to be on the Puregon a little longer...

Hi everyone,

Well I wish I didn't have to work. Nine year old boys can be horrible!

Bec i know how you feel KI was injecting for 25 days this cycle until i got a responce now i have triggered and are in the two week wait.

I know i have asked this before but is anyone going through fertilty north in perth as i am going to change.

Hope everyone is going well.

Saph

Hello ladies

Just popping in to say that i am keeping up with all you lovely ladies, just really busy. Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you stay is short and sweet.

Well nothing much happening on my front. Just waiting for AF to arrive so i can get started... HURRY UP AF!!!

Hi Everyone!
    I hope you are all doing well. Sorry I have lost track again - it doesn't take much time! I will try to catch up tommorrow.
    We had our appointment with the new FS this afternoon. Boy - I am so confused now! Their fees are mega bucks more + the whole way they operate is very confusing - all out of separate offices (ie, FS in one, nurse in other, surgery in other). So, I have just cracked it, burst into tears & cried to hubby & am thinking I have made a very big mistake! CR4P!!! So, now I have to fix it. I am thinking maybe I just need to get off this roller coaster altogether for a while....... The thought of another cycle had me so anxious I cancelled, then thought I'd change FS, now I'm thinking I've made a big mistook & need to reverse it all asap. Well you know I will be on the phone tommorrow trying to explain myself to multiple people. Scary thing is I'm not even on any drugs right now!!!!
    TL - so glad to hear you have your new position!!! Well done! I hope this alleviates some stress in your day to day life.
    Paula - waiting sucks doesn't it! Plus whoever thought anyone would ever be hoping for AF to come!
    BecD - try not to worry. I have never had even a similar response to drugs between cycles (even when the dosages are the same). I guess this is what keeps things interesting/annoying for everyone concerned.
    Sorry to all those I have missed, my head is still in a mush. Take care & I will speak to you all soon.

Hello Everyone!
    Welcome Carly... hope you find this site and all of us a support
    I'm trying to keep track of everyone and all the abbreviations hu hu it's a little hard sometimes.
    Thanks Shel, I will be letting everyone know how I go
    Roll on the end of the month!!

Peta - What city are you in? what clinic are you going to.
    I would hate to have everything in different spots, it's hard to keep up with cycles let alone going here there and everywhere. Gee must be hard hun, no wonder you seem a little frazzled.
    I hope you sort what you need out and make up your mind what you should do It's such a roller coaster as we all know.

Hi Kyles,BecD,Paula,Tigerlinda,Minniemouse, Saph, and everyone I have missed How are you all going?

I'm reading about all of you and hope you are all going fine and everything is going well where ever you may be in your cycles!!

Peta - Hang in there sweet it may not be all that bad. Our clinic charges fees upfront and yes it shocked me but we do get alot back from medicare do call me if you need to. Also my FS has his office separate to the Clinic and that is not a bad thing and there are a team of nurses always on hand. Do call if you need someone to talk too. Sometimes it is just the change that is the shock. What did they have to say about process and next steps for you?

Hello everyone

Peta - change of FS clinic is a great idea even if costs are more than you expected (Medicare covers quite a lot once you reach threshold). I personally know of a friend who was with one clinic for 5 years and changed and fell pregnant with her DS on her first cyle - they were able to find things at new clinic that had just not been picked up by the original one. I also have changed clinics and my new clinic found a problem with the shape of my uterus that has now been corrected by lap & hyst - this was never picked up by my previous FS even after countless ultrasounds and a diagnostic hysteroscopy.

BecD - sorry to hear that your follicles did not respond as well as you had hoped - here is hoping that your collection will still be Friday. By the way, try the heatpacks as suggested by tiggerlinda - I did after embryologist told me I had so few they might not get any eggs and we at least got one - I like to think the heatpacks made the difference

Plc - my AF after lap was normal - 28 days from previous AF. I only had my lap and hyst in January so have only had one normal AF since op cos I am still in
    2WW - all going well I hope not to have another one for 9 months

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast