Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May 2007

Jo - so sorry to hear your news hun - i have my fingers crossed that you have one super sticky embie on board. you'll have a lot of us praying for you this tww

lou - bummer about the meeting on Wednesday night! what horrible timing! hoping you get some news before then anyway!!

as for me - nothing happening on the ttc front atm - waiting to finish the provera tonight, then hopefully the witch turns up very quickly - we initially thought we'd be going for first u/s tuesday or wednesday next week - with a bit of luck we MIGHT be starting our injections - i know it's only a week behind where we thought we'd be - but i seem to have had lots of short set backs lately - i just want to get going at long last!

ok, self-involved whinge over! time to see if i can wrestle the austar remote off DH and put something other than footy on the TV

Oh Jo, how disappointing. I'll put out the sticky vibes especially for you tonight. I've read some lovely stories about everything pinned on the one emby - please offer Jo some inspirational thoughts! Wishing for a great birthday present for DH. Good Luck

Loula - you are such a trooper!! Hang in there!

BW & BG - here's hoping things take off nicely and your'e down to business soon!! Waiting is the worst bit, I know

Hi Sonya, ATT, nic, Megan..and good to see you around Melbel

I know I've missed a few so big

Going bonkers in our house!!

only six more sleeps till my BT!! no more cramps, just really grumpy. Dh thinks its coz i not on synarel and puregon my body is re adjusting. trying not to get too excited, but cant help it!! if this time doesnt work i will be devastated but at least i have 4 snowbubs to think about.....

I'm kind of new here - I just wanted to say congrat's to Shaz and her DH. I read through your journel and you two have certainly been through alot!
    I hope everything goes well for you both!
    I live in Adelaide and I was just wondering if anyone in here is going to Repromed, and if anyone has ever had IUI before? Thanks

Hi Karena - and a big welcome - really hope your stay here is a short one

i'm currently going through the protocols for IUI - i'm kinda worst case scenario with respect to not responding to meds dues to the severity of my PCOS - i'm happy to answer any of the questions you have in regard to IUI.

good luck on your journey - i really hope it's a short one!

Thanks brigg's... I just read your journel - what a nightmare! I feel so sorry for you. I completely understand how you feel about friends / family getting pregnant! Just recently DH came home from a poker night and announced that friends of ours, who only just got married in Dec and who werent 'interested' in trying because she didnt want to get fat - is pregnant! I was devastated. Its the first time I have ever cried on hearing 'that' news. Anyway - I guess we all just have to concentrate on what we are doing!

I will be starting the injections on day 5 of my next cycle - which will hopefully be the 14th or 15th May. Im not using the nasal spray which I think you used - I wonder why? Im nervous that I will 'over' react to the hormones and will get to the u/s and they will cancel the cycle - not sure how I will cope with that?? Fingers crossed for a good result though.

We had to sign a document on Wed to say we wouldnt sue if we got preggers with twins - did you?

Lots of emotions hey? What if it doesnt work? What if it does? What if it does... with twins...? OMG - a real roller-coaster!!

i karena - we haven't signed anything that we wouldn't sue if we got twins - i think if we got twins i'd be the happiest person in town! both DH and i want a bigger family, and going through this roller coaster too often would do my head in

you may not need the synarel nasal spray - my understanding (and i may be wrong) is that they use the synarel for people who don't get AF regularly rather than waiting on AF to arrive for the prime starting time - if i'd waited for AF to arrive naturally, we'd still be waiting - haven't had natural AF in over 18 months!! the synarel puts you into a medically induced menopause and then they use the puregon to drag you out of it - if you get regular AF, they don't need to do it because you have predictable AF and hormone levels. HTH

i'm now waiting on AF so that we can get started - and i'm getting very impatient...

Hi and welcome, Karena. I'm starting to think that me and BG should have warning labels... Caution: This person is a worst case scenario and is unlikely to be any indication of your experiences with assisted conception. About right, BG?

Yep, still in a silly mood - must be the whole absence of pain thing.

BW

i reckon that might be my next tattoo "warning - the person defies scientific explanation!!"

i think i'm definitely in the "worst case" scenario for the response (or lack thereof) to the meds - but hey - the girls here on BB have helped to keep me sane through the whole thing, and i've managed to keep a sense of humour, so it can't be all bad!!!

karena, i should have AF start in the next 3 days (fingers crossed) - which will put me maybe a week ahead of you - so hopefully i'll be able to keep you updated on what to expect (or not to - considering i defy scientific explanation!!)

well - if anything good can really come out of all of this... it has to be that we are all going through it together! which is kind of nice... ill keep you posted... let me know how you go too!

thanks BW for the welcome!
    and dont worry - ill be sure to join you all on the rantings and ravings when my AF starts... and ESP when i start the injections - ill be a nightmare! haha poor DH!

Hi Karena - you'll be fine..you might even be surprised with how well you cope with everything!

BG - hope AF turns up for you soon (I hate saying that!)

Hi Karena,
    Welcome aboard! Never did IUI ourselves, but i think it is a far kinder option to your body, so thats good. You might find that you cope really well with the meds. I honestly did really fine on them. Hardly any problems, and in all honesty i rathered the injections to taking the nasal spray - no kidding! The injections are fine.
    Good luck with it all, but be careful - posting here can be addictive!

hi karena

i found i was pretty good on the meds but i let all the girls on BB take credit for that. because i could ask anything and vent or stress or cry with any of them it helped me release my feelings and not bottle them up until i exploded...thanx girls!!!

addictive jo? hmmm, maybe that's what hubby was im[lying the other night when he was dancing a jig in fron of the TV while i was shutting down the computer.... hehehe - if this is the biggest addiction i've got, well, i've not really got an issue!!! BB is my thread of sanity through the whole rollercoaster!

Karena, Jo's right - the injections are really simple to do, they don't hurt (well, maybe a small sting, but nothing dramatic) - and most of the time (from what i've heard) the biggest discomfort is the niggling ovaries and the bloated feeling (we'll see what happens this time around - i'll definitely keep you posted!)

Only a few more days til BT Lou - how you feeling hun?

Hi ladies, I think this thread is going the same way as me at the mo. there are many mixed emotions that i picking up today

Jo - i know how you feel when you get thoes great numbers them they slowly (or quickly in may case) dissapear to a fewer number. My embrologlist (sp?) told me that my one blastie for this cycle (out of 9 thawed) was a little slow, and i was like well is there any point! made me feel a little down. but im hanging in there and i hope you are feeling a little more lifted today sweets.xx

Sonya - only six more sleeps woohoo thinking of you, have you caved in and tested a HPT yet? im still doing them everyday.lol im going bonkers too.

Smudge - when is your BT?

Welcome karena. i hope your stay is short (i mean that in the nicest possible way!)

BG - looking forward on you starting your next IUI, hoping this one is the one hun

BW - hows the relaxing weekend going?

Summer - i hope you are OK i miss seeing you around hope you feeling better.

Megan - missed you too, well done for selling the house i hope you got what you wanted. Have a fab holiday where are you off too?

Hi to every one.xx

I'm doing really well, Lou. Enjoying the quiet time while it still lasts, I think the stupidly early morning starts and blood tests will start again all too soon. Convinced DH to go shopping for a new matress, and we both can't wait until it arrives! Otherwise, I'm just enjoying sitting here being able to obsess over my chart and finally (I think!) be confident that I may actually have ovulated just for a change!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend too... I know those blood tests are going to be rolling in thick and fast very soon, and I'm keeping myself pretzelled for you all.

BG, any sign of AF yet?

BW

Sounds great BW. i bought a new mattress two years ago, paid $800 and we both hate it!we are thinking we might put the spear back on.lol as we have been in the spare all week.

My gF is a teacher so i know its comming up to report time, gl

Yep, report time is happening right now. We've had one set of reports due as soon as we got back this term, half yearly exams start on Monday, which means piles of marking and reporting... I was only thinking of the busy time of my cycle coming up, hadn't even thought of the busy work time coming up! I guess I'll have to try to get things done as quickly as possible so that I can still have time to rest when I'm cycling again... this isn't going to be fun!

BW

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast