Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - November 2006 #2

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - November 2006 #2

Hello all!

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:- And we will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Name -
    State -
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC -
    Medications -
    Important Dates -

Current from November 2006

Reminder: If you haven't participated in this forum for more than 60 days, your details will be removed.

We know that IVF and AC is not the kind of thing where you've got something to report every month, so someone who joins may find that they may not participate when they're not cycling.

But to keep on top of things, and to make it easier to keep up with where everyone's at, if you don't post within a two month period, we will remove your details from the front page. it's not a big deal, if you get back on the rollercoaster after a break, we'll happily put your details back on!

Name – Dream bub
    State - QLD
    My Previous Cycle Length – 28 (managed by doc’s drugs)
    Cycle Type – Full stimulated cycle
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC – 40 plus
    Medications – Lucrin, Puregon, HCG
    Important Dates – tentative Egg PU wed 8/11 or Fri 10/11
    Extra Info -

Name - firemansgirl (Leisa)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 days
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 23
    Medications - folic acid, zinc, evening primrose, herbal formula
    Important Dates - 12th April appointment with Dr Morgan, 17th May removal of endo from L ovary and lower sigmoid colon (bowel resec)
    Reasons for infertility - Adhesions (endo type)....

Name - Jemel
    State - S.A
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 days
    Cycle Type - 3rd ICSI
    Months of TTC - 12
    Medications - Synarel, Puregon, Pregnyl
    Important Dates - BT 15/11/06

[/color][/font]Name - Loula
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - ??????!
    Cycle Type – IVF 5
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 42
    Medications - folic acid, zinc, Vit E, multi, herbal formula, metformin
    Important Dates – 17th Sept start to take pill to down reg for cycle num 5

Name - Megan
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 - 29 - 32 - 30 - 27 - 30 - 34 - 30 - 28 - 32 - 27 - 31 - 27 - 27 - 30 - 32 - 29
    Cycle Type - Natural
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9a9f8
    Months of TTC - 17 months
    Medications - None
    Important Dates - Unexplained infertility. Getting ready to undergo IVF within the next couple of months.

Name - Monnie
    State - WA
    My Previous Cycle Length – 30, 26, 26
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1593bb
    Months of TTC – sice December 2003
    Medications - clomid
    Important Dates –

Name - Nic
    State - Qld
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dc6e
    Months of TTC - 54
    Medications -
    Important Dates -

Name - TwoMums (Megan)
    State - QLD
    [b]My Previous Cycle Length - 27-26-32-27 -31
    Cycle Type - IUI hopefully Nov/Dec
    Months of TTC - Assisted since June
    Medications - Elevit
    Important Dates - HSG late October

Name - Zap (Racheal)
    State - Vic
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 - 28
    Cycle Type - Natural
    FF Link -http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/79acd
    Months of TTC - 27
    Medications - None
    Important Dates - Late November - seeing fertility doc

Last edited by {sarah}; November 15th, 2006 at 06:51 AM.

Your old thread can be found HERE

Love

Just wrote out a great first post and lost the lot!!
    Now ill have to bbl for personals

Megan - sorry things didnt work out this cycle will catch up with you tonight

Love the av Lou! It's scary how much it actually looks like you........!

Hey guys

Okay...update for November...

Officially became clomid girl today...

HSG to be completed tomorrow...

Then it's time to BD!!!

My DH is going away for work this weekend...which happens to be "the fertile window"...

We're so desperate to keep trying (it's been nearly 3 years too long already!), that I'm talking about driving 4 hours to catch up with him on Sunday (predicted O day) to DTD!!!!!

Wow girls

sorry i just have to say look how skinny i am woohoo!!its really funny really 'seeing' myself in here.lol great pic though and it does resemble me a little lol sez.

Megan i wrote a whole long post for you this morning just to say im thinking of you. Also wanting to know how do you know if your proges is low as i dont know wether that was partly y i may have m/c will check with gyn on Thursday.

Also wanting to know if you are going straight into another cycle or waiting? sorry if im being nosie i know this is a differicult time for you but as you know im having another cycle at the mo.

hi to all others and hoping you catch that fertile window Monnie

Hi Lou, from what I understand the Crinone (progesterone) is supposed to help keep AF away to give you a better chance of getting a BFP if the embryo has implanted. I've had a feeling I have low progesterone for a while as I have a short luteal phase (time from ovulation to AF arriving) of around 9-10 days. So, i'm thinking what happened with me last week was having low progesterone, caused the lining to come away (resulting in AF) therefore losing the embryo which seems had implanted days earlier. I dunno, will speak to my dr next week and see what he thinks.
    I would like to go straight into another cycle but I'm not sure if it's possible due to the timing. this time we will do a FET so a bit less time consuming and not so many drugs!
    Speaking of drugs....it feels fantastic not to be taking anything at the moment!! lol First time in abour 8 weeks!

Monnie, good luck with your hsg tomorrow. Hope everything goes well!
    You're keen, driving 4 hours to catch up with DH! lol It's understandable though! The things we do in the world of TTC! It takes over your life doesn't it!?

Sorry to hear about your BFN Megan.... that's a real bummer. It must feel great though to be drug free for a bit.

Loula I love your avatar....check out that clevage.....wooo hoo!!!

Hi to everyone else......Well, we finally got back to see Lyndon today after havig soooo much blood taken six weeks ago. Our karotyping analysis showed no abnormal chromosomes....big YAY on that one and all the other tests for Factor V leiden and anti phospholipid andmany other anitbody issues that can cause miscarriage were all negative. So it seems that hopefully we have just been very unlucky this far with 3 miscarriages.

He is going to start us on IVF in the new year (we have missed the cut off to cycle before christmas) and going by my cycles we will probably start towards the end of january with an EPU and transfer just after we get married. There's goes the honeymoon (not that we could afford one anyways!!). He will also do FISH on the embies which he says should reduce our chances of miscarriage from 1 in 4 to 1 in 10 and is also going to reccommend some hefty luteal support to make the sucker stick!

So all is good....just got to find the money now!!

Morning ladies,

Megan im going straight into another cycle (I hope i will confirm with GYN 2morrow) and i believe a always have a short LP i used to believe that i o 7 days b4 my af!!(is that what you mean?) I know what you mean about being drug free! although i start HRT 2morrow!

Melbel How funny i did email and say a big busty clevage (one thing i dont need pg for) lol glad to see some one noticed. next time you'll be able to pick me in the waiting room. How funny would that be.lol
    Very interested about the FISH though will check with my GYN what she has done (Since i have had my eggies collected)
    Glad to see all the test came back fine.

Got my SIL staying tonight so wont be able to get on so ill check in on you all 2morrow after my appointment

Have a great day

dream bub Guest

Smile

HI Girls,

I am still a little new at this and I did post on the old thread right before this one, not sure if any saw it though?

In any case I had a transfer today which for the first time was terribly painful, apparently couldnt open the cervix and had to use some nasty little twezzery clampy thing ! I nearly passed out when I saw it, and then of course it hurt ALOT!! I am still very sore and bloated after the EPU last Friday which probably didnt help.

Anyway whinging all done, and I'm very happy that I had 2 beautiful little blasts put back..... I am more anxious than usual as last time I had blasties I got a BFP which later failed (10w)- and part of me thinks I cant be that lucky twice in a row??? I guess time will tell. SO now its 3 Prog pessaries a day ( I hate those messy things) and the countdown to the BT, will try to sneak in early as last time I had the BT it was only day 12 after transfer and my levels were already sky high........ not really sure what that indicates about the time of implantation. Does anyone else have any ideas?

ALso does anyone know after a blast how soon I could do a HPT - just in case I weaken. I gather becuase its a day 5 transfer it coule be done earlier??

I hope you are all well and managing in the best way you can under the circumstances.

ann Guest

Dream Bub,

good luck, and sending heaps of sticky vibes to you. I have had 2 full stim cycles, 3 FET's and 3 cancelled cycles (no luck yet). I think the earliest you can test with blasts is 10 days after transfer, this is what I have been told.

Sorry transfer was painful for you.

I am due for FET on 30th Nov, 2 blasties to put back.

Ann

Hi Dream Bub

Sorry to hear that you are sore...here's hoping this cycle ends with amazing success!

Your perserverance should most definitely be rewarded, hey?

Anyway...wishing you all the best in the days to come...

Cheers!

Just had my HSG today.

All is clear...which is great...but I feel a little off at the moment...

Don't our reproductive organs get a bashing through all this stuff!!!

dream bub Guest

Hi Ladies

Tahnks for responding so quickly ....

Anne - Thanks for that - I think I will test at day 10 then, I can cope either way! But naturally would love a BFP! Hope the 30th comes quick for you (and for me as by then I will know either way...) and your blasties are very very sticky.

Monnie - thanks for the kind thoughts...I AM persistent, some may call it obsessive (if they knew). Actually I am starting to enjoy the anaesthetic before the EPU so thats a bit sad!! Anyway - Maybe we can feel off together.

Hi girls

Hey Monnie, just interested in whether you had an Xray HSG or an Ultrasound one??

Megan so sorry about your news, keep your chin up, hopefully next time will be different!

Thinking of you all xxx

Hey TwoMums

I had the x-ray HSG.

It was fairly uncomfortable in the beginning as my cervix decided to duck for cover...so they couldn't find it!

Eventually after going from 1 to 1.5 to 2 to no pillows under my butt, my cervix decided to stop being difficult. They then "cleaned" the cervix with some swabs and blew up the little balloon and finally injected the dye.

The worst part was the beginning bit with the big "pap smear contraption" in me...the rest was fairly okay...more strange feeling than anything...

Actually it reminded me a little of the feeling I had when I had some fibroids embolised a couple of years ago.

The staff at the x-ray clinic were fantastic...incredibly gentle and compassionate.

And thankfully...the results were all clear. I felt a little "bruised" yesterday...but am fine today and the spotting from the HSG has also stopped (it was minimal anyway)

Have you had yours yet twomums?

dream bub Guest

Monnie - Glad to hear you are feeling ok. Just wondering & I hope you dont mind me asking, what are they ussually looking for with a HSG. Ive never heard of it and with all of my history there must be areason why Ive never had to have one?

Hey dream bub

No problem asking at all...

I think they are just looking for whether there is any blockage in your fallopian tubes that impedes conception and movement of the egg down into the uterus to implant...

I think that's it...the full name of the procedure is a hysterosalpingograph...hystero refers to the uterus and salpingo refers to the fallopian tubes...

I think you can either get them done through x-ray or ultrasound (but ask twomums about that...I think she is having the ultrasound version...)

My FS does this blurb about a 3-pronged approach to fertility testing - one aspect is the semen analysis, the 2nd aspect is to ensure I'm ovulating (via hormonal blood tests) and the third is to check out the tubes...

So far all is clear...but not baby!!!

Have just started on clomid...so we'll see what happens next!

All the best!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast