Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - September '05 #3

Gillian,

I am really not sure why I was prescribed the pessaries - in my paperwork, it says pregnyl boosters are standard. I only mentioned very briefly in my first appointment that I have a short-ish LP (10 days) so I think its just standard in my clinic. I do intend to ask why one over the other out of curiosity though, so I will let you know.

My Doc says he uses the pessaries because they just can't help themselves by interfering a little bit???? :-s So sorry - I was given no medical reason either.

BTW - AF never arrived, I guess I'm still in the game, she's due tomorrow now.

Trish - thankyou, I miss you honey! I hope you are looking after yourself and slowly healing your beautiful heart. It's good to see you are lurking in the background and keeping an eye on us. :flower:

Keen As

Good luck with US tomorrow hope all is ready and rearing to go for transfer. :smt023

Humphrey

Hoping for the
    • that you want

amandaw Guest

Shez, was thinking about you over the weekend - sorry to hear it's not your month, but fingers crossed for IVF.

Gillian, I'm on my first IUI cycle and in the TWW - I have had one pregnyl injection at 4dpo and another one is scheduled for 7dpo - the nurses say it's to aid implantation...

Hope everyone is well...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Gillian,

my doctor never prescribed pessries for any of my FETs. When I asked the nurse about it, she also said that my Dr believed there was no need becuase I had had children before and had a normal LP.

He would prescribe them for IVF cycles though, but then was all 'I told you so' when the pessaries caused my progesterone levels to skyrocket once I acually fell pg.

I gather that they always check your P4 levels when they do a BT, and in your case, it may well be that he believes that natural is best. Had I listened to my Dr, perhaps the first two weeks of my pg I wouldn't have been so bloated and breathless and uncomfortable, but like you, I probably would have been freaking as to why I wasn't being given LP support.

Unfortunately this is one of the things where you either take your doctor's advice, or get second opinion.

love
    sushee

Hope everyone doesn't have the Monday blues. I have the perfect job work 2 days on the weekend, have 5 days off. Only problem is - I have no life..... #-o

Can I just ask all the lovely preggie ladies who post here why they take their tickers off their post? This is just my opinion - and others are free to disagree - but I find it interesting to see how far along everyone is. I don't think it's rubbing our noses in it, in fact I think it gives me hope and inspiration. After all, this is why we are here, why not celebrate everyone's small victories?

Okay, I'll just stick my head in the sand again. But first off to the loo for my 20th knicker check of the day.

Here here humphrey i think it is very inspiring to see all the preggie tickers it gives me something to look forward to!!

Rach

Gillian thanks for the well wishes. I used pessaries in my last two TWW I think my progesterone levels tend to be on the low side and thats why the Dr used them. Good luck with this cycle [-o< it is the one for you!!

Kelly I asked the same question in my TWW about the pessaries delaying AF and general concensus was yes but in my case AF was right on time so I don't think they neccessarily do.

Humphrey I agree about the tickers. I lurk in the PG after LTTTC forum to see where they are all up to!! It is very inspirational!!

:hbeat: & :luck: to all

Here Here too humphrey!!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

humphrey,

I guess it's been that way for a long time that no one generally posts pg tickers in this thread. I guess it's coz a lot of us have cycled together, and it's tough for someone who didn't fall pg/lost a pg to watch someone who would have been due at the same time as them ticking away at the bottom of the post.

I'm not saying that everyone sees it that way, but I guess it's better for just one person to not be upset by a pg ticker than 10 people who really don't mind one way or the other.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

love
    sushee

Gotta say I agree with Sushee's last paragraph on this one.
    Yes, I am always happy for the pg ladies and do take heart that it 'can' happen, sometimes I go into to PG after LT TTC too. So good that they've moved on in the journey to motherhood.
    But, if you've been trying for a very long time, have had a lot of disappointment, are feeling that it will never happen for you or have only just had that disappointment it can be very upsetting. Not so much rubbing noses in it. Just another reminder.
    Yep, Day 1 for me today!!!
    Love
    Sue

Sushee & Sue, it is true what you say. I think I had a breakthrough with DH last night telling him/explaining to him that you do get a bad feeling sometimes when you hear of pg/birth but it is never a negative thought for the person but a deep down inside feeling of loss that it isn't you. I had a moment yesterday wondering how I would be facing family members where one is pg & one has a newborn. In the end there wasn't a problem but somethimes the thought is there.

On the pessary query, I have used them on a few of my cycles when my levels weren't quite right, I have a BT to check levels after O & after ET. this time defineatly on my HRT FET. And will continue if I get the 'go ahead'
    On all other cycles I have had Pregnyl support shots also, feels a bit strange but good that I haven't had to on this cycle. the support shots are standard for my clinic.

Well I am just living out my days until my test on Thursday, it's actually a work day so am considering not finding out until after work.

Also, can someone tell me when you can do a PM, Trish, thanks for the support message but can't PM back, :smt102

Take care, beautiful day here in Perth & I'm about to go & lay down to have a pessary..... great,,,,,,, NOT!!!

Tam- I do understand how you feel my cousin just had a baby and i am dreading going to see her on Wednesday. But i do know when i go to see her and hold that little baby it will give me the power to keep on going.

Sue and Sushee- I also understand where you are both coming from so Sushee i wil have to start sticking my head in the pg after long term ttc thread a little more often to see how you and the other girls are going.

Take Care
    Racheal

*Tam*, you need to be a Platinum member to PM. Hope you enjoy your pessary.....hmmm......and people think I need to get out more.
    Love
    Sue

Mmmm pessaries!!!!! But won't complain if I get my BFP & have to continue. Though, sometimes I wish I wasn't so intimate with my body.

Humphrey, that knicker checking isn't a sign of giving up is it?

Not giving up till the fat witch sings! The knicker checking is partly due to those oogy pessaries tricking me into thinking it's over and partly because the cramps are getting worse. Only 2 more sleeps till I know for sure.

Must be time for another knicker check......

ooooowwww humphrey fingers crossed for you and any one else coming up to test and i hear ya on those icky pessaries and the knicker checking ](*,)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast