Thread: Low HCG rising.....possible ectopic?

Default Low HCG rising.....possible ectopic?

I transfered 2, 3 day embryos on 2nd of May. On Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th I had a light bleed. I was told to still go in for a blood test on Friday 16th. HCG came back at 3. I was then told to go for a follow up blood test yesterday. HCG came back at 7.

I spoke with the nurse, they are not really sure what is going on as the level went up. I asked her if she had seen this before and she said yes, it was an ectopic. I have to have a re-test next Tuesday to see what is going on.

Has this happened to anyone?

Don't think the worst until you know for sure what has happened, unfortunately its just a horrible waiting game.
    I just lost one thru ectopic, my 1st leveles came back at 245, then a week later 3025 then 5 days later it was 2950. I live in the country my FS is on the Gold Coast he requested i do a scan immediately locally to check for ectopic, i did a scan locally they found an empty sac in my uterus and almost laughed as to why the FS wanted to check ectopic. Well 10% of ectopic can have what is called a psuedo sac in the uterus (that was me) i then went to the Gold Coast to have D&C after my FS did a D&C he still was not convinced so he re scanned me himself and found a 1cm growth just outside my left ovary, have another blood test to make sure levels are going down which they did thank god, and he used the wait and see approach on me, 25% of all ectopic will self abort so i was a lucky one, no surgery thank god. Like i said they are not sure if it is ectopic with you.

i have no advice except that like Lissie said try not to think the worst .Hugs for you :hugs: it is horrible waiting for scans and answers my thoughts are with you

Hi Lil Chookie,

I agree with the other girls don't think the worst, try to stay positive. I am on the rollercoaster that is the TWW and the only thing that is getting me through is to stay positive. Take care and sending you lots of hugs.

lurkey Guest

I am feeling sick and really bloated so I am a little worried.

Tuesday cant come quick enough, I need to know what is going on!!

ETA - this is lil_chookie at work, I don't have my password on my work computer so when I am at work I am lurkey!

I know its hard waiting - thinking of you and sending you some positive vibes, try to keep you chin up till Tuesday. Saying a little for you.

I grabbed a POAS whilst shopping today and for the first time ever I pee'd on it wanting just 1 line. But noooooooooo for the first time ever I got 2 lines.

I am not looking forward to Tuesday BT and what may come of it

i hope you get some answers one way or another this week hun - it's so hard living in "limbo" like this

I have never felt so in limbo. I know this can't end well so the fact that I have just got 2 lines on a stick (second not ultra dark but came up straight away) has me a little scared as it means the levels have gone up from 7 last Tuesday.

Hang in there - hope that you get some answers tomorrow, and that they are ok for you.
    FG

I had the BT a day early. Levels are now @ 14, so with no bleed they are thinking ectopic. Off to the FS tomorrow to find out the plan of attack......

Sorry to hear that, hope the visit to the doctor tomorrow puts some light on the situation.

lil chookie
    sorry to hear that this is all ending up like this. hope that the FS can offer you at least some useful advice. not sure what else to type - it just seems like such a crap situation and not fair at all! sending you lots of
    FG

oh lil chookie, big

FS wants to give my body a few more days to give it up naturally. BT on Friday and if I haven't had a bleed by then I will be given Methotrexate early next week.

I just want this to be over, each day it goes on gets harder & harder.

Oh lil chookie...I'm so so sorry thinking of you

Nic