Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC after Miscarriage or Loss #3

Crafty, we've been the same since our mc too - my doc told me it is grief related but after five months I would have thought things might improve...guess it takes time. Test when you are ready...oh it would be AWESOME if you and Ferrals got your BFPs together. Crossing everything for you xxxooo

LOL crafty thats good to hear but i know what you mean all this ttc makes you forget what its all about and when i nearly kicked DH off the bed it brought it all back i will never allow stress or presures of life get in the way of fabulous sex again.
    Has a positive HPT ever showed up a few days early if so then test in the morning if not wait it out a bit longer.

Alice- i have a feeling its a boy because my early HPT are exactly like when i was pregnant with my 3 boys and my naturopath mentioned to me i might not be able to have a girl as the girl gene could be weaker that is why Abbi was effected she thinks a strong babies healthy gene will win at conception i dont know if she is right or not i just no out of mine and DH babies its a 1 in 4 chance so i hope our babies strong healthy genes have won.

I just did 2 more HPT with 3rd morning wee and 2 lovely strong positive lines came up so i guess i can stop poas now.

Hi Ladies-
    I have been MIA for a while but have a lot to catch up on by the looks..

Firstly Ferals- good on you Ferals, you deserve a big beautiful BFP, how exciting for youi xx

Porsche- glad AF finally came for you and you can get on with it, hopefully Ferals luck will rub off on us all!!

Crafty- hope its the answer you are looking for!! Your symptoms sound promising, but we've all been there I guess and had our hopes dashed- stupid bodies!! Best of luck for when you do test x

Alice-how is it all going for you? You are waiting for the next AF if I remember rightly then going onto the BCP, so hope she either doesn't come or hurries up so you can get going!! I feel like i am stagnant on the pill, as I think I have a while to go before nose sprays etc, but just using this time to be really healthy and get myself prepared. I know you have been very good with diet etc so your eggs will be beautiful when those IVF people come to get them!xx

Kaybee- good on you for going to the dinner it sounds like you did well, its hard to know isn't it?

T-Hopes- hi sweetie sorry to hear about your MIL's op but hopefully it went smoothly and her recovery is ok, how stressful for you x

Sunbeam- glad ms is still rearing its head to keep you reassured, positive thoughts for you and your little one xx
    Happybaby- did AF come yet?

Hi Mildez, that was a good story for all us old chooks to hear, thanks xx

AFM- been on the BCP for a week or so, having headaches/ bad skin/spotting- grrrr, guess its just getting me ready to face the side effects from the other ivf drugs. I am going to see the nurse tomorrow to get my treatment drugs etc and will find out when I start sniffing but as my egg pickup isn't scheduled til early Sept i think I have a while to go. Oh well practising patience.

Ferrlas - You should pee on all of them, I did, you bought several boxes I say use them all . I am 8 1/2 weeks. I'm not in the pg thread as it is too scary. I will feel a bit more confident after my scan on the 2nd. Going away to mum ad dad's for a week as of friday so will hopefully have good relaxing time and lots of sleep, I'm still very tired.

Ferrals I have never got a BFP with an early test but thats only because I usually wait and see if I am late, and its not been that long since these early detection tests have been out, when I had my 1st you had to wait until you were 2wks late until getting a urine test done at the Drs so I guess I am just an old hand and not too confident in using a test before AF is due, But saying that I can never tell how long my cycle is, but I did feel as if I O'd around day 14 this month which would make AF due tomorow but think I will wait till friday just to give her a chance to turn up !!!

Thanks Alice IKWTM with the grief thing its taken me sooo long to get over my mc and I think its been worse because of my age and I know it will be a miracle if I get a BFP again ! thats all the Drs could say last year ( I am suprised you got pg anywayt at your age !!!! )

oh well the menapause thingy well my mum was well in her 50's before she missed a few periods so heres hoping I take after her ! ( and her mother had her last baby at 45 nearly 46 and she had 7 ) so I hope I am like my Granny

Sunbeam- i have my appiontment at the clinic with the nurses on the 2nd and i will be 5 1/2 weeks i wont go to a pregnancy thread until i pass my cvs i couldnt bear going there for the next 8 weeks talking babies and bellies and u/s and the birth ect to only not get past the 12 week mark so i think i will stay here if the girls dont mind until then i just wont talk about me so much except for testing ect. but if the girls want me to move on i will respect that and just lurk for a while.

Crafty- it's no miracle plenty of women have fallen pregnant at 45-46 the doctors just wont admit it i know of quite a few and for you to be so fertile past 40 i'd bet my bottom dollar you could be one aswell just need to catch a good strong egg and you will have number 10 on the way.

Saffy-i have never been able to take the pill i get the worst side effects pimples migraines and vomiting not to mention constant bleeding so i thought i would react badly to the IVF hormones but nope not a thing no hormonal sooky sooky la la no pimples other than a few i get around O time because of high E2 no nothing i actually got a little more um toey around DH couldnt keep my habds off him so i hope you dont have to many side effects although i only had puregon and the trigger and now progesterone support i did not have the nasal stuff or any down reg medication so i cant comment on those side effects anyhoo only time will tell but it wont be long.

hi everyone ,thought i'd give you a quick update,last bt showed levels increasing,so clinic decided to give it another day before cancelling fet,had a bt today ,should get results & verdict in the morning ...been thinking of you all & thanks ladies for asking about me

MatthewsMum - that's a relief to hear, hope the levels have skipped up again today and you'll be good to go for the FET soon

Saffy - it's weird being on BCP isn't it? I always hate it though it doesn't make me sick like Ferrals I just hate being on it, anyway, I'll get over it it's only for a few weeks. Sounds like we'll be doing our cycles at the same time - yah, someone to hold hands with I don't generally react to the IVF drugs, in fact it's always a bit of surprise how easy it is so hopefully you'll be fine with them too. Fingers crossed Ferrals good luck gets a run of BFPs for us all.

Ferrals, I'm happy for you to stay with us - to be honest I always feel a bit of sadness mixed in with the excitement of one of us getting our longed for BFP because I know I'll miss them so be lovely for you to stay and after my mc I wouldn't want to go anywhere myself until after 12 weeks so would hope others feel the same way. You and MurrayCod and KitFaerie and Sunbeam were all in the old thread when I arrived and I'm not ready to let any of you go yet and especially if Crafty joins you all too (fingers crossed)

Well saw the TCM practitioner today and she told me she is really excited for me that I've responded so well to the diet and herbs and even though it's no guarantee that we'll get a BFP it certainly makes me feel positive that we've done our best to make it happen (please remind me of this if I get a BFN!) so getting a bit nervous about starting don't want to get my hopes up given our long history but my January bub feels very close to me at the moment so here's hoping. x

Morning Ladies

Well it's Day 1 again for me. AF has shown up a day early again. I wasn't really that surprised so now onto the FET. I've started taking Progynova tablets and the side effects sound terrible. It even said not to take them if you've ever had endometriosis. I think I'll be on them for 2 weeks. Has anyone else taken them?

My nurse has told me she can't make any bookings until I return our Child Protection check forms. Lucky I sent away for them at the end of last year even though I was positive I wouldn't use IVF again.

Bring on a round of for all of us in the coming cycles.

Thinking of you all. x HappyBaby

morning everyone ,alice-fingers crossed for you ...happybaby-i haven't been on those tablets yet...afm-this fet has been cancelled,my levels are not showing a good lh surge,so in a couple of days they will decide whether to try another natural fet or try hormone replacement next cycle

ah well back to business for the rest of us...sigh.

HappyBaby - day 1 for you and a new start. I haven't had Progynova is that like using the pill to down regulate your cycle? Maybe the pill would have less side effects? When you read the fine print on any of these IVF drugs it can be a bit scary. Hope it doesn't effect you. Good luck with your FET - when do you have your first bt?

MatthewsMum - I'm so sorry they have canceled your cycle. This endless waiting and hoping can take it's toll, I hope you are doing OK and being kind to yourself and that the extra hormone support next month will give you the boost you need. Thinking of you x

Crafty, are you going to cave in and test or are you being strong?

Sunbeam, enjoy the time away with your mum and dad - be lovely to have someone to fuss over you, cook your meals and to rest as much as you need. 8 1/2 weeks already! That has gone so fast from my end. Not long until your 12 week scan

Hi everyone - the weekend is almost here. Have a good day

Hi Lovelies,

Whoo last day of work before my week off, bring it on!!

Alice - that is so great that the diet and herbs have got you righ on track. With DH not smoking too you must be feeling pertty positive. It is nice when we can feel our angels close isn't it?

Mathew'smum - I'm so sorry your cycle has been cnacelled. The IVF journey is so hard I am in awe of all the ladies that do IVF it is such an up and down ride, I a so glad I missed that train. I really hope it starts to get on track for you soon maybe with a little assistance.

Crafty - I'm hannging to hear if there's a BFP waiting for you, it would be so perfect.

Saffy - Sorry the BCP are making you unwell. It's so odd how we all react differently. I felt awesome on BCP when I was younger, much more emotionally/hormonally stable, I loved them. Hopefully the IVF drugs will be problem free for you.

Happybaby - I'm sorry AF showed up. My nurse told me not to read the side efffects fo any of my stuff she said you'd never take them if you did!! What is the child protection check for?

Ferrals - I hope you are resting happy in your BFP.

AFM - I have had no ms since saturday and it is kind of freaking me out. Part of me is convinced its normal and the other part (which seems to be very loud especailly in the middle of the night!) is saying is all bad and I should be preparing for the worst. I can't remember ever being this stressed for such a long period of time, I just wish I could know my baby is okay. Hopefully I'll be cale to calm down a bit on my holiday.[/B]

Morning

Matt's mum So sorry your FET cycle has been cancelled. Best of luck for the next one.

Alice The Progynova is primarily used for HRT in menopausal women and contains oestogen. It's also used in IVF to help build a thick endometrium lining. I have to take 3 tablets each day. I have a scan scheduled for the 3rd of Aug and they will decide then if I need a BT. My nurse thinks the FET will be the following week - 10th of Aug.

Sunbeam I wish I could say something to make you feel more relieved. I would be feeling exactly the same. In Victoria couples that want IVF must have a police check a and child protection check before they can have treatment.

My FET plan - I'm going to have acunpuncture just before and just after the transfer and have booked DH in for the day to drive me around to each clinic. I've also read that a study was done on women that rested for 30mins after their tranfer (both Fet and stim) and they found that a higher % implanted compared to those that didn't rest. Of course I read this after both my cycles and I hadn't rested for either of them. My treatment form said that bd the night before the transfer has proven to help as well. I feel like I'm going into this cycle with a lot more confidence.

Hi girls-
    Matthews mum- so sorry your cycle got cancelled, what a let down for you hope fully next cycle will be a winner xx

Happybaby-hopefully if you are only on the tablets for 2 weeks they won't have too much effect, also they list every possible side effect ever reported so you won't get them all I promise! If I ever get to transfer stage I intend to be on the couch for at least 2 days, work can go jump, there is no way i want to push my luck, I am already recording lots of movies on foxtel in preparation!

Sunbeam- sorry this pregnancy is stressing you so much, I can understand you must be so scared. Lots of for you and your little one xx (ps I must admit my mood on the pill is 100% better than it has been all year so I can't complain about pizza face if it means I am not mentally deranged)

Alice- I have a good feeling about our upcoming cycles, I am taking a leaf out of your book and being as healthy as possible until then. xx

Crafty- any more symptoms to report?? Hope everything is on track

Ferals- hope you are revelling in your state at the moment!!

AFM- had ivf nurse appt yesterday which was very good, I have a better grasp of my cycle now. Not starting nasal spray until another 3 weeks and then its all systems go. The only 'issue' I came across was the discovery that , depending on the day I have my EPU, I may have to have a particular Dr from my work doing it, who I can't stand, and its Murphy's Law that i will go in the day he is on. I know Mildez had this problem as well, I just can't bear the thought of him seeing my vagina basically. I work with the other drs who may be doing the EPU and they don't faze me at all but I find him a bit creepy-I told the nurse and she just gave me a 'look', and we decided I just have to keep thinking " I will be asleep through out the procedure". God how excrutiating!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Hey ladies,

Mathewsmum-sorry your cycle was cancelled i know all to well the devastation you feel when that happens i hope next time it turns out better.

Alice-yeh! for the weekend

Sunbeam-i have never had m/s ever so it would have to be normal for different variations of sickness with women some are sick for 9 months others only a few weeks some are admitted to hospital and some lucky ones never get it.

Happybaby-sorry AF showed up hope it will be the last one for a long time.

Saffy-nearly there not long before you will be sniffing away and try not to worry about the doctor who is going to look at your vajay jay as long as he does his part in getting you pregnant then try not to think about it.

AFM- i feel good still having cramping off and on i think its the crinone but i do know it is normal in early pregnancy although it still makes me worry and i keep going to the loo checking for blood.
    I am sooooo tired already and constantly need to wee so all good signs and the same as my 3 boys early pregnancies but i still have in the back of my mind a chemical pregnancy i have been reading a few ladies have had them or are waiting to find out if there low hcg is a chemical pregnancy or not i keep telling myself it cant be i got a BFP real early and the line has gotten darker my AF was due 2 days ago and by my ivf AF is due tomorrow although i dont feel like it will come i just hate that i have to wait 21 days after my ET for a blood test which is 24 days after EPU i will be 5 and a half weeks pregnant bye then.

Sunbeam, I understand your anxiety around your symptoms coming and going. I believe it is normal for them to vary like that but I know that you will rest a lot easier once you have had your scan. I hope the time away with your Mum & Dad will help and you can rest up and let yourself be nurtured and surrounded by their love and support. Sending you lots of sticky vibes xx

HappyBaby - I like your plan with the acupuncture and bding - will be doing something similar myself. I've read that bding after transfer is also good - something about the presence of the sperm on your cervix sending good chemical vibes around but I know IVF always tell you to avoid it because of risk of infection so probably before is better.

Saffy - I don't blame you for not wanting a creepy dude looking at your bits - I hope the day falls right so you don't have to but if it doesn't well try to keep the bigger picture in mind. My DH is always with me, I feel much more comfortable knowing that he's looking at who's looking IYKWIM so hopefully yours will be there too. Good to hear about your health kick, if only I could get my lazy arse off the chair and do some exercise I'd be feeling a bit better but it's sooo cold that I just can't get out the door! Three weeks and counting!!

Ferrals - I wouldn't have thought you'd get a line that strong that early in a chemical pg but I understand your anxiety after all that you've been through with Abbi and since then. I know you'd like to have your bt a bit earlier but the longer you wait the more definitive it will be so hang in there - the 2nd of August will be here before you know it. Cramping is good too and glad you won't be suffering with ms. Oh and remember NO INTERNET RESEARCH for you!!! x

Crafty - it's Friday today (hint hint) how's things??????

MatthewsMum - how are you feeling today?

Porsche, Mildez, Sevie, T-hopes - love to you all.

AFM, off to get a massage tonight - got a gift voucher in January that I am only using now! Can't wait - feeling a bit under the weather (had a friend up here last weekend who coughed and sweated the way through our Christmas lunch and ever since then I've been a bit snotty) so hoping the massage will help. Have a great weekend

Alice-enjoy the massage i am jealous.

Crafty-any news? pleassssssssssssssssssssssse let it be a BFP.

Happybaby-i did not really rest after my TF i did my normal thing the way i see it in a natural pregnancy you dont know you have conceived and still do all the normal things if the embryo is normal and healthy and your lining is good it will stick they say the blood flow to the uterus is important and BDing is good (yeh right) i was still in pain from my EPU and constipated so we did not BD until 2 days after TF which is around the time the embryo would have implanted and the sex was really good so maybe that is why our embryo decided to stick.
    The only thing i did after TF was not have any coffee and no heavy stuff like exercise ect and i drank lost of water.

Hi to everyone i have missed.

AFM-i popped into the pregnancy thread and let them know i will be lurking and maybe drop in a little until i get the all clear because the way i see it i have to be positive for this baby and give it all my hope and there would be other women who join the pregnancy threads and m/c and have to leave after posting in those threads so why should i be any different i need to believe this baby is fine and we will get past our cvs with flying colours.

Saffy I so hear you with the Dr you know. I have had all 5 O&Gs I work with see my vag so shameful. I seriously will consider delivering elsewhere if and when I ever get pregnant only problem the closest place is 200kms away from where we live. I just saw onw yesterday to get the ball rolling. Now just waiting for AF (due in 13days) to start the pill and then once that part is over we start the other stuff. I am abit nervous about not responding well. They said due to our age or my age hopefully that wont be a concern but I am worried. Somehow its costing more then I thought it would and according to there book so don't know if I can afford a 2nd sti, cycle this year after all. I guess FX we don't need that much.

Ferrals my FR test was 1/2 strength when my HCG was 70 so a dark line should mean its in the hundreds by now which is fabulous. Don't they say they like it about 100 on normal BT day. Your BT seems quite long. I wonder why. I mean there are definate benefits from it but its a wait isn't it?

Crafty have everything crossed for you.

Alice enjoy that massage.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast