Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC after Miscarriage or Loss #4

Hi everyone,

Still trying to catch up: i've had hectic week cos i just finished a job i've been in for years. I now have a couple of weeks off before i start the next one.

Ferrals: What sh*tty luck! Hopefully the universe will now trade this for some really good karma on your test results. The universe owes you some good luck big time!
    T-Hopes: Whoah girl, i know it's natural to think ahead but maybe you won't need another cycle IYKWIM. Excited for you to 'trigger' (it makes me think of a racehorse galloping off!) Good luck with that and with the other bit later in the week (i forget the technical terms, sorry!) You poor thing, crushed lungs does not sound fun.
    Alice: Woot! You are off and running too. I have everything crossed for you. So hard with the pressure you're under for fights not to crop up. Glad you made it up and could enjoy your yummy feast!
    Damprye: Happy Birthday!
    Porsche: hope everything's going ok.
    Sunbeam: Good luck with this cycle
    Saffy: oh no! spotty wotty AF's a biatch! Hoping it's still implantation!
    Jupiter: What a tough time you've had. I hope you are soon to get your BFP.
    SammyP: Hard decision. I recently decided I couldn't put my life on hold any more 'in case' I got pg (bc i couldn't be sure it would work out). Not that i'm going to stop trying- well i have for a month or too but will be TTC after that- but i need to go ahead and do other things too. So i decided to change jobs because i was unhappy with my old one. If I do get pg (and get past 12wks) then i'll deal with the stress of telling my new employer i'm off on maternity leave. I don't know if this helps you think about the Bali holiday?
    Crafty: Hi! good to 'see' you again!

Possum - hi lovey Congrats on the new job! Good for you! Nothing worse then facing a job, day after day, that your not happy with! I hope you enjoy your break between jobs and the new company look after you well! I pray its a fresh start for you with a BFP to follow not too far behind! xx

Hi everyone else! Hope your enjoying the weekend!

AFM - having a lazy sunday and catching up on all my taped shows! yay! Very excited at the moment cause were off to the AFL GrandFinal next Saturday! Go Sainters!! Praying for a great win and a BFP a few days later!! C'mon!! Triggered last night so all ready to rock for tomorrows procedure at 2.30pm! I POAS thin morning just to see those 2 lines from the trigger shot! Sooo exciting to see a bfp even if it is fake! lol !!

xx

Just a quickie to wish T-hopes all the best of luck tomorrow - I've got everything crossed for you and hoping your BFP is close x

Got a nasty headache so can't look at the screen without head pounding - will catch up tomorrow.

Love to everyone x

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining in rather late in the day.

We've just had a FET this month, our 4th this year and will be having our BT this friday. Hope it all works out as we've made the discision to call it quits after our store of 6 snowbabes is gone. It is starting to get hard.

Hope it goes well T-hopes, sure it will and to everyone else too (haven't got through the whole thread yet, sorry )

I think I really have to put my TTC efforts on hold. I don't know if I want to stay with my DP. I know it probably sounds stupid after all this time but unless I know I do not want to be with this new person in my life... then I really cannot start a family with DP.

T-hopes good luck for tomorrow! What did you decide? Is it an egg pick up tomorrow and then IVF or is it IUI? (Sorry i'm a bit confused on the technicalities but also with the BB threads going nuts-o there's all these posts missing as well as multiple threads going at once it's also hard to read back and try and figure it out on my own!) Lucky you with the grand final tickets (not that i'm an AFL football fan - we're a rugby family- but i hear they are hard to get?) Something (else) to look forward to : ) (By the way: that's meant to be a red face above in my post but i think BB still has some glitches cos although it said 'red face' in the smiley box it looks more like a smug grin to me!)

Damprye: Oh no! Sorry things have got difficult again. Hope you find some answers soon. Hugs

intheslowlane: praying that this FET works for you and you have a little brother or sister for your DS.

Hi Damprye,

Hope it gets better for you.

lol possum! it does look like a smug face!! hehehe!! And tomorrow will be IUI, we will start IVF next cycle. And yeah. tickets are very hard to get but were members so we are guaranteed them so were lucky xx

damprye - sorry to hear things arent going well with dp, hope you can work thru it or find the strength to do what is best, good idea to put ttc aside though if your not sure xx

intheslowlane - good luck for bt on friday! praying you get a bfp, keep us posted! Hope the week goes fast for you! xx

Hello everyone
    This is just a quick update as I've been taking a break from BB. My scan at 7 weeks wasn't good news. There was a pg sack but no embryo. I was told to come back in a week and the pg sack had grown but it was still empty. The Dr said it's a missed mc.
    I have an appointment with my FS on Wednesday to book a D & C as it could be weeks for a spontaneous mc to happen.
    I am quite devastated and once I'm over this I hope I'm ready to try again.
    Best of luck to everyone.
    HappyBaby

Happybaby- oh no, thats very sad news. I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, we are here for you when you are reay to try again, but in the meantime take care sweetie xx

THopes- yay for today! I hope everything goes great! My DH is a Saints supporter too, he would be jealous that you are going to the GF, i am Geelong

Possum-enjoy your 2 weeks off, I'm sure it will go quickly. GL with the new job are you nervous?

Damprye- I'm sorry hun, you must feel very confused. I guess if you are having doubts its better to take some time to work it out, whatever you decide we wll be here to listen

intheslowlane- welcome! Wow you are in the thick of it, it must be hard to make that decision but hopefully a nice BFP will be coming your way this Friday!! How are you filling in the week wiothout going crazy??

ALice-hi love, did you get the resul;ts of the BT yet? Hope its good. I got vile headaches from the syneral and I couldn't lift my head or have the lights on, has it gone away yet?

SammyP- I think the US people can see the follicles ( they just haven't grown yet) which shows that there are lots of eggs left, sounds like your scan went well I would definately go to Bali, even if you are pregnant you can travel up until about 30-something weeks ( depending on your risk factors) and around the 20wk mark is the best time i think. I constantly put things off cos of thinking I might be pregnant but I am sick of it so am organising a trip to UK next year to visit DH's family.

Hi Sunbeam, Matthew'smum, Ferals, Jupiter, Mildez, Porsche

AFM- well I am in no man's land. Contrary to what I insisted was going to happen my spotting stopped after 2 days, nothing since, no AF, no pregnancy symptoms at all so I guess I am just waiting to see whats going to happen. Because I think I O'd the Friday after stopping my meds, AF probably wouldn't even be due until end of this week?? I did a POAS today but it was BFN, which I knew would be the case as I have completely soft boobies so am sure I am not pregnant. Will just have to wait it out. My hormones are all over the place too I am teary and had a massive fight w DH on Sat just before we left to go up to my sisters for her birthday.

HappyBaby, oh darling, I'm so so sorry I wish there was something I could do or say to make things better for you and to take away the pain and grief of your loss. It is absolutely devastating, so unfair. Sending you lots of love for Wednesday, I will be thinking of you and hoping that everything goes OK and you have a good recovery. You are very brave thinking forward to TTC again and I really hope that you can get through this and a BFP is waiting for you. xx

Ferrals, my heart broke reading about your DH's little girl and her grief over loosing Abbie. I just want these next few weeks to fly by so you can get your good news and let the joy start spreading in the family for this baby. How lovely to feel it wriggling away in your tum - seems like such a strong little one I can't help but feel positive and look forward to you being able to celebrate and enjoy this pregnancy like you deserve. x

T-hopes, only four hours to go girl, yippee!! Crossing everything that you have a BFP coming your way very soon. You're almost in the TWW now!

Saffy, thanks, the headache has been going for three days now. Not a migraine, just a really bad headache that I can't seem to shake. Never had this before so don't know if it is linked to the drugs or a sinus infection (which I'm a bit prone too). Feel super crap though which is disappointing after being generally well for the past few months. Trying to take it easy and rest but not sleeping well either so all in all a bit blah. How are you going? Has AF showed her face? When is your test date? Are you going to test?? Hope you are working on those holiday plans x

Now to catch up with everyone else - will go back and read through what I've missed in the past few days of being under the weather.

damprye I hope things sort themselves out with your DP

Happybaby I am so so sorry to read about your missed m/c

T-hopes best of luck today. Praying its conception day for you

sammypI would book the holiday also and then re-evaluate as it gets closer. I guess it would depend on how much money I would be out of pocket if I then couldn't go.

I haven't read all the posts. I haven't even been stalking much or on BB much. Just keeping to myself mainly. Will be of to read the posts.

oh Saffy, just read the end of your post. Sorry you had a fight with your DH but totally understandable when you feel your hormones are all over the place. I hope you've been able to sort things out and that your evening wasn't all bad. It's great that the spotting stopped...and I hope she stays away - lots of women say they don't get any symptoms to begin with so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed

Damprye, I'm sorry things are so up in the air with your DP trying to conceive is hard enough without that going on too, I agree with you that maybe it's best to see how things work out before trying again. In the meantime you could start taking the Vitex and hopefully then if things do improve you will have had some time to get your hormones working a bit better for you. Good luck and let us know how you are going x

Intheslowlane, welcome to the thread and all the best for Friday. I hope you have a good strong embie snuggling in there and that you will get your BFP this time.

T-hopes, LOL at you poas just to see those two lines! You know, I think you might have convinced me to do it too since I never did one when I was pregnant last year and it'd be nice to have! I remember telling my DH I was going to have another pregnyl shot just so I could get a phone call from the clinic saying I was pg 'cause I'd never had that. Didn't need to in the end but funny thinking of it now. Hope you get another two-liner very soon!

Hi Possum! Congrats on the new job. Did you get a break inbetween this and the old one? I think you did the right thing and hopefully you've tempted fate and you'll have to have that 12 week conversation after all!

SammyP, that's great news about your egg reserve! Are you going to be trying around 'o' now you know which day it will be? With the trip to Bali, I would definitely go. I have put off so many things in the past ten years in the anticipation that I might be pg by then - staying in jobs so I could get the maternity leave even when I hated them, not committing to family holidays - I would definitely agree to go. A friend told me recently that you can get travel insurance if you are doing IVF and have to cancel a trip. Your family would all understand and it might be that you are well enough to go anyway. You know that old saying - life is what happens to us while we are busy making plans - make some plans and have something exciting to look forward to! x

MatthewsMum, hope the break this month helps and you have a renewed energy for things soon. I haven't heard of that treatment but I have heard that in the States it is common to remove any remaining tubes once one has been taken out due to complications. Even the TCM practitioner recommends it, which is interesting. I've been having herbs to help clean mine out and will be taking antibiotics to help with any possible low level infections with this cycle. Let us know what you find out and enjoy spending time with your family this month x

Sunbeam, I hope you enjoyed having the baby to stay. Oh they smell so good, don't they? I loved reading about your hope blanket, I think that is a lovely idea. I crochet too - started by doing baby blankets for friends. I have a half finished one in there that I look at and wonder if it will be for me. I hope you get to wrap your baby up in your hope blanket soon. How are you going with your cycle? You're a day in front of me I think - when is your first us? Good luck lovely x

Crafty, I hope your craft room is up and organised soon! I can just imagine how much stuff you have - fabric and wool and lovely things waiting to be made. Are the boxes slowly being unpacked? My brother moved the same time as you and I know it is taking some time to get through it all. Hope you are feeling more settled and enjoying having your own place again.

Mildez, Porsche, and anyone else we haven't heard from in a while that I've missed - hope you are all doing really well. And to our stalkers too lovely women, it's nice knowing you are there keeping an eye on us all and sending BFP vibes our way! I hope we get to join you soon.

AFM, well missed my bt yesterday 'cause I just wasn't feeling well enough for a three hour round trip so went this morning. Still got a bad headache but hope it goes soon - shoulders are very stiff and sore so don't know whether I'm fighting off a bug or if it is from the drugs, either way I think I must be a bit stressed because of the tension in my back and neck so I'm going to organise a massage and hope that makes things better. No more news yet - will pop in later to see how T-hopes went x

SO sorry Happybaby :'(

I really hope things work out for everyone here and sennding lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to you all.

AFM- going to stop the subscription to this thread now. I need to work my head out.

Hi ladies,
    Happybaby - I am so sorry to hear your news, it is such an empty feeling to have pg signs and then see no baby on the screen, I can totally sympathise I hope the D &C is not too awful. We are here for you.

Damprye- I hope the break is useful and you can work things out with DP.

T-Hopes - Been thinking of your I hope you got a really great sperm count and the IUI went awesome.

Intheslowlane - Welcome to our thread . I hope your FET brings you the BPF you are longing for.

Saffy - If AF hasn't followed the spotting maybe there is a sneaky BFP coming . Sorry you are feeling hormonal and had a big fight with DH.

Sammpy P - I'm with the others I would definitely book the holiday and get insurance so if you want to cancel for some reason you can just get a Dr. to say you are too sick to go. I'm booked on a cruise on the 21-30th Oct and if I don't get pg this time I won't be able to go but I wanted to risk it because I was sick of everything being on hold.

Alice - You poor thing I can't believe it is a 3 hour round trip for your bt, I'm so lucky my clinic is 20 mins away. I hope you aren't getting sick, I've got a cold so maybe we are just copying each other this cycle . A massage sounds like a great idea. When is your first scan?

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - Well I am just busting with excitement. I had my scan and I have 14 follies, 6 on the left all about 13mm and 8 on the right at 13-17mm. I started the antagonist injection today (can't remember what its called) and have another bt wednesday with the plan for EPU on friday I know we now have to get through collection, and fertilisation and cell devision but the first hurdle is over. So gald EPU is friday rather than monday as originally planned as I then have the w/e to recover, any tips?

Also I saw GP on saturday and she said it is fine for me to stay on the Vitex. The other GP in the practise works closely with my FS and has for a long time and all her ladies are on it till week 12 so that has made my mood heaps better again.

Almost forgot. Having the little bub at my place was awesome. He slept in my bed and I got up for him throught the night (was exhausted the next day but didn't care). He is so gorgeous and smelled so good and so tiny (he was only 5lb6oz at birth 3 weeks ago) I WANT ONE !!!

The clinic just called to say my estrogen is 6500 which is very high. She rattled off a list of possible symptoms but thankfully I feel fine. She told me to reduce tomorrow's FSH and miss wednesdays all together. Anyone know if this is a major problem? I've pm'ed Ferrals because I know it is something she struggled with. They said to keep up heaps of water and protien. Any other advice would be welcomed.

Hi Happy Baby,

That is traumatic news. I'm so sorry. Your Dr is right though. As sad as a D&C is, it's the mc my DH and I will never get over.

Crying for you and lots of hugs

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Sunbeam - I drank alot of gatorade to keep me healthy first EPU. Not good for the waistline, but kept the Overstim away. Good Luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast