Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC - First time IUI

Hi Paula I was the same way, I was so excited to start and once you do it fly's past.
    I wish we started this cycle sooner....but as they say better late than never
    I have just come back from the clinic, right follicle is 21, left is 12 and a couple of smaller ones.
    I will get a call today to confirm if the IUI is going ahead tomorrow morning...I just can't believe how fast this is all going.
    It is soo hard not to get excited, my heart wants this sooo much and my head keep telling me if it doesn?t work this time there is always next time....I just want my heart to win.
    Hope everyone else is tracking well

Nicole,
    You are doing so well. You are so lucky. I'm getting really disenhearted though. I'm still not ready yet. Checked with the seratec this morning. My follicles are still small. Really depressing. today is day 14 of injections. How insane. I hope you do get your wish and get your iui tommorow. i'm incredibly happy for you. At least one of us is responding properly.! I'm booked for another ultrasound at 7am tommorow morning. Bluck. So sick of being poked with and all the jabbing. The size of your follicles is beautiful. you are so lucky. I wish you every single success. Hope tommorow is your day.

Hey Pollyanna, I'm sorry to hear things aren't ready for you as yet.
    Have they had to increase your dosage at all?
    Try and keep positive mate I'm sure any day now your follicles would have developed for your IUI.
    Thanks for all you support and well wishes,... I am still waiting on the clinic to call and confirm tomorrows time.

OMG the clinic just rang....all systems are go for tomorrow
    IUI is for 11am!!!!
    Trigger will be today anytime in the next few hours!!!

Yipee Nicole,
    What totally brilliant news. i am so delighted for you. I have goosebumps.Just think, this could be IT. The BABY day. how exciting. i have goosebumps.I cant wait to hear all about it. I'm so wrapt for you. I will let you know what happens at my ultrasound in the morning. Funny we're both getting poked around with in the morning. Hehe. I'm crossing my fingers that my follicles have improved. I'm on about cd18. i don't know what happens if i ovulate too late in the cycle,because my belief was that your lp had to be ten days plus to sustain a pregnancy. At this rate i won't be having my iui till maybe wed,thur. ?? Nicole do you know anything about that!About ovulating late and lp length.Guess I'm just getting angsty. Fingers crossed though that at least i get my iui sometime this week. I want this baby so much it hurts. The thought that this month have already done its dash is shattering,i'm trying to be positive. The ivf nurses are just beautiful. Goodluck for tommorow. I wish you every single success. Pretty please let me know how well it all went-even if it was gross.Hope you get a big one of these

Hey Pollyanna, you gotta love these early morning starts...but it will be worth it once we both are holding our babies..., and make no mistake it will happen to both of us
    Do you think the clinic will let me light a candle or two to add a little mood lighting....how funny after they do the insemination I can turn to DH and say hunny was that as good for you as it was for me...
    As for ovulating late, not too sure how that will work, maybe ask the nurse tomorrow morning...
    Please let me know how you get on in the morning on a good size follicle.

You are such a sweetie. I loooove the mood lighting effect. I wonder if they are licensed?You could have a nice glass of red wine-to get you in the mood.LMAO At least your dp won't have any performance anxiety issues.Hehe. You can just say"Baby that was great"... "I feel wonderful" It's not like you can just roll over and go to sleep either. I think you might have to lay on your back for a bit though. Cant wait to hear about your tommorow and i'll be sure to keep you posted.

Why not branch out and a few strawberries on the side...I could get the munchies
    As for any performance anxiety issues, as long as his aim is up to scratch by 8.00am we should fine
    Last edited by Nicole S; March 2nd, 2008 at 06:52 PM.

Good news ladies if you are worried about the trigger, it was a piece ok cake. No side effects and feeling the same as this morning
    DH did the injection just before 3pm which works out to be 20 hours before IUI.
    I have no idea if this is good timing.. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Hope everyone else has had a great weekend

Nicole & Polly... you ladies crack me up! That was hillarious the whole lighting, wine, strawberries and anxiety issues!! I even had to share it with DH cause i was laughing out loud.

Polly i hope your scan tomorrow delivers wonderful news. Best of luck and

Nicole
    how exciting.. I cant wait to hear all the details. Like Polly said, this could be IT. The day your baby is conceived. Cant wait to hear your wonderful and exciting news in two weeks time

Well it feels like there is a small army swimming around me at the moment.
    DH produced a great sample!! Approx 45+ Million little men are on the prowl in search of an egg
    There was nothing to it, a little uncomfortable mainly due to the speculum but other than that no pain at all.
    I need to go for a blood test on the 10th March and then a Pregnancy blood test on the 17th March
    The only thing else we can do is BD tonight and tomorrow morning....bring on the mood lighting....

How did your scan go this morning Pollyanna, I hope you got the result you want
    Last edited by Nicole S; March 3rd, 2008 at 02:14 PM.

Hi ladies,
    Well,well;what a difference a goodnights sleep makes. I went in for my ultrasound this morning and my follies are big 19 and 17. Very very happy. they took blood (huge bruise)and i'm already surging all by myself.It seems my body did no what to do after all. Hehe. So i don't need to do my ovidrel injection at all as my body has done it by itself. So i need to get hubbys sample to the clinic before 12 then at 2 they are doing it. i'm so excited. Ooooooohhhh can't wait.I'm so happy this went well for you Nicole i was thinking of you today wondering how you were feeling. I guess now i understand why i was feeling very FRIENDLY-nudge nudge wink wink on the weekend. Must have been because my levels were rising. i'm feeling a little nervous about getting dh's sample into the container, and whether one sample is enough or should i get two(poor bugger). Falling into the TMI category but sometimes there isn't much? Do i need to refrigerate it?All these weird things you think of.
    Thanks Paula for your warm thoughts and wishes and just think you arent far behind nicole and myself so we may all have babies before christmas. Wow that thought gives me goosebumps. I will keep you posted how tommorow goes. Yipee I'm on the way and it feels incredible.

you girls are nutty! gl with your tww nicole

polly, you need to keep DH's sample warm (but not hot) - DH usually wraps his in foil then keeps it against his body (the clinic suggested keeping it between my bb's if i was travelling solo!) - you need to get it to the clinic ASAP after it's generated - so if you have to have it there at 12, you want to get him to produce it so you only have enough time to travel there after it's produced... good luck tomorrow

Thankyou heaps bg,
    Just the information i was looking for. Not sure what i'll do with it? Containers is a bit big to put between my big boobies but i'm sure i'll think of something?hehe

Great news on your scan Polly!!!
    Good luck for tomorrow and keep us all posted.

Hi Ladies
    I have been MIA for a few days, really busy with work. 3rd injection down this evening, and I have to say, as each one passes it gets easier.
    Nicole, glad everything went well, excellent work on DH's behalf!!!!
    Polly, good luck with things tomorrow, will be thinking of you.
    Belinda

Good luck today Polly

Well today w3ent totally excellent. Nothing to it. We didnt sleep last night. Thinking that today could be It!! We tossed and turned all night. Then this morning i thought i'd get the sample off dh before he left for work afternoon shift. But SOMEONE has performance issues. Any time it came to putting the sample into the container it was like the momentum just stopped... Could have killed him. He froze up. So i rang the clinic and it left us no choice but to take dh with me and do the sample there... Its just like the movies THE ROOM! It wasnt too clinical thankgod! But talk about funny. We were laughing our heads off. The nurse was like its ok don't be embarrassed. I was like "This is all his fault"It would have to be first time ever that its been an ISSUE. So we went into the room. Of course NO LUBRICANT;becuase you cant use that it would contaminate the sample. He,he. Stupid me says to hubby well what are we going to use for lubrication?I don't want to give you friction burnsTo which he being male (had an idea as to what we could use)use your imagination on that one. The there are really DIRTY movies and mags. So we put that on and get down to business. 5 minutes l8r and i'm very happy with myself . Sample collected and in container. Till i look down and i have the damn STUFF splattered all over my t-shirt too. he thought it was hilarious. Anyway redfaced we emerge form the room and the receptionist says"DAmn stuff has a tendency just to go everywhere" I was like OMG!! And burst out laughing. We went and had lunch and waited for them to put his swimmers through the spin cycle. Then it was into my doctors rooms and he inserted the sample. The speculum was a nightmare;but he said that was my fault cause i was dry. Well excuse me. its been a rough day. Then i said do i have to wait here for a while. he said it honestly makes no difference. and hes right ; i havent lost any.. i know TMI. And he said now you too get busy,adopting the lifestyle of the rabbit. So I'm back on the job tonight. Geez this is tiring... So all in all it went great and it was very very funny. Thanks so much for all your warm wishes;it meant the world. Now fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast