Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC - First time IUI

Hey Girls,
    Goodluck tommorow Nicole. I am so badly crossing my fingers that you are pregnant. i think tommorow they may be checking your hcg levels to see if there is a rise indicating a pregnancy. God i hope so. My doctor said if no period by the 19th to get my blood test done;hopefully to confirm a pregnancy. God i hope so. I've been doing a lot of odd things in the last couple of days that i would never normally do. i went for a swim at the beach this afternoon till tonight and i absolutely loved it. It was so invigorating.
    Belinda:
    Great to see you've resurfaced. It wasnt really the weather for it was it lovey. Oh well, you do what you can. Hope you had heaps of fun.Wink*wink*. Cause soon your poor hubby will have to w*nk,w*nk. I know i'm a very up front kinda girl.
    I want this so much for all of us. It sounds really dumb but i have made good friends with you girls and i feel a bit like one of the three muskateers. All for one and one for all.
    Nicole;please let us know what you know,when you know. We are itching. god fingers crossed.:happyforyou
    :

God knows how i'm going to concentrate on work tommorow Nicole i'll be thinking of you all day. will you get your results back on the same day?Its a public holiday here in Melbourne?

Hey Musketeers Love it Polly
    Had my blood test this morning, they said they would call between 2-4pm so not too long to go. I don't think they can tell at this stage if I am PG as that test is next Monday.
    Other than that my BB are still sore but that could be due to the injections?
    Are you two having any strange feelings or anything since the IUI?
    Hope you are a having a nice day off Polly..

Blood tests are in progesterone level is 78...so all in all have O.
    There is no way of telling if I am PG so I will have to wait till next Monday.
    Polly when are your first bloods?

Pollyanna im still here.. not much to say as im just waiting for AF to arrive so i can have lots to talk about too Its not often that you hear TTC women wanting AF to arrive but i cant wait. I really want to join your party in here. LOL Oh and i have to comment on your post about DTD in all the rooms and on all furniture.. I love it! Might have to steal that idea and make Dh one happy man!

Nicole you must be going insane! Monday cant come quick enough i bet! Best of luck in keeping your sanity till then

Hey Paula .... AF arrives soon so you can join the Party

Hey Girls,
    Well i don't have my first blood test until the 19th and hopefully it is only to confirm a pregnancy. Hey nicole why did they take your blood if they cant tell you anything.?
    Oddly today i worked ten hours on my feet and it didnt worry me one bit!Couldve done 12. Thats very strange for me. As far as possible symptoms. My nipples arent as sore. I've been very windy and achey and tonight nauseas(but maybe cause i ate too many aniseed rings)hehehe.:doctor: I don't know how i can possibly wait till the 19th. I wish i could get my mind off it!So Nicole as per usual it looks like I'm 2 days behind you. I test Wednesday and you Monday. god i hope this happens. I so dont want either of us to be upset. :crossfingers
    :

Hey Polly, it struck me a little strange that they did a blood test before a PG test.
    I guess they want to make sure that I Ovulated?? And I guess the only way it can be done is to check the progesterone level??!!
    You know I have only thought a little about this cycle and if it fails not that I want it to, but if I had do it all again it would be ok.
    My body responded well and I guess you gotta look at positives.
    However I know that I would still be completely gutted....
    Anyway enough doom and gloom...this is the tread of good things....after all we are the three (soon to be four with Paula) Musketeers soon to be very

Hello Fellow Musketeers!
    Nicole, good to see your levels were ok today. Just a little bit of info that may help you and Polly. I was told by FS that if you are going through IUI or just having general bloods for fertility, the FS will test you approx 7 days after IUI (or day 21 of 28 day cycle) for progesterone levels. This is a good indication that ovulation has/has not occurred.
    Polly, are you only going for one blood test? I have my first blood test on 14th to check progesterone then my pregnancy test on 24th. Nicole and I are both using IVF Australia, so maybe this is their protocol? Are either of you having the HCG injections every 3rd day after IUI was performed? FS has got me on 1500iu. The reason I asked is I know of someone else who has gone through IUI and she wasn't required to have the HCG injections.
    Paula, hope AF arrives soon so you can ride this rollercoaster with us!!
    I'm off to bed, got a big meeting with my sales team in the morning, at least my mind will be on other things besides TWW for half the day!!!
    Belinda

Hey Belinda, I am not on any HCG injections...did they say why you are?

bexgirl Guest

Unhappy

Hi all

I just had my first IUI about 3 weeks ago and had 2 good size follicles, hubbies count was great, I ovulated perfectly was supposed to have my pg test this Friday, but I got my period today

Going to IVF Australia at Westmead tomorrow to confirm that I am not pg, and hubby is away interstate so feeling very alone at this stage and very sorry for myself.

Does anyone have any success stories that they can share to lift my spirits?

Hey Bexgirl, I noticed this is your first post...so welcome to BB
    As for AF that horrible witch I am sorry to hear she arrived when DH is away.
    I'm sorry I don't have any success stories so far as this is the first time I too have done an IUI.
    I have read many posts on the internet on how sooo many fall PG on their first attempt so keep positive and hopefully if you are doing another cycle that next time you get a BFP
    Last edited by Nicole S; March 11th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Hi Bexgirl,
    I'm so sorry to hear that AF has arrived. And for her to show her face whilst DH is away is just plain ****ty! I'm also going through my first IUI this cycle, so I can't give you any advice, I can only say to stay positive. We are always available for you if you need to talk. You, Nicole and I are all going through IVF Aust, although I do flit between Westmead and Castle Hill. If you ever want to get together in person for a chat, let me know.
    Nicole, rang the clinic to ask about the HCG injections post IUI and was told it is to help support the lining of the uterus for implantation. I'm not positive, but I think I can remember the FS saying that mine was a little thin when I had an ultrasound a few months ago. And let me tell you, I had my first injection tonight and that little sucker hurt!!!!! The needle isn't as fine as the puregon or the trigger. Nearly made me cry. I have my first blood test on friday and my next injection is also due then so I may ask the nurse to give me the injection as I don't know if I will be able to give it to myself again.
    Hope everyone is well, talk soon
    Belinda

bexgirl Guest

Default Thanks

Hi Nicole & Belinda

Thanks for your kind words and support, it means a lot to know that we are not alone. It is dissappointing though especially since we have been trying for nearly 2 years and we really thought that this was it, but as any unwanted houseguest, good ole' AF comes to visit without warning.....

I have my fingers crossed for both of you for a positive result. Please keep us informed how you both go.

Cherie

Belinda you are so brave, I could't give myself the puregon or the trigger injections...so I take my Musketeer hat of to you

Cherie, your very welcome... find comfort that we are all in the same boat just in different stages.

AHi My muskateers!!!!

Well we have some newbies. i must extend a bow, handshake and cuddle to them!! Very sorry to hear Cherie that your first iui was a bummer. Really sorry

As for the injections after iui when i had my ultrasound to measure the follies she said my endometrium looked lovely and thick and fluffy. Very cosy. Hehehe. so maybe thats why i didnt need to have the injections post iui.

Paula, Where are you?
    Where is Af; she needs to get a wiggle on for a change. When you don't want her she rocks up unannounced and when you do-ya can;t find her anywhere!She is a pain in the buttox,,,Speaking of botox-i want some. Just worried its not the best thing to do whilst ttc-putting poison in my body dosent sound to good. nyway
    knowing my luck I'd end up looking like the joker.

Nicole and Belinda: this tww is killlllling me. Aaaaarghh. i have a rdo today and its all i can think about. At work i don't have time for my "own"thoughts. Thankfully. How am i ever going to get through the next few days boggles me. You girls must be feeling the same. But the waiting
    Keep me posted on how you are all travelling:

Hey Polly, ditto on the tww killer!!
    Are you going to do a hpt a day before your blood test?
    I am soo tempted to do one on Sunday, but I don't know??!?!?!?1
    on BFP for Monday, Wednesday and for our fellow muskateers to follow

[[COLOR="Magenta"]FONT="Georgia"]Hey Nicole,
    Poor me i work in a pharmacy and i already have one ready to go in the bathroom cupboard. We have just had a shop refit at work and yesterday i was restocking all the shelves looking at all the pregnancy tests and baby stuff. Grrr its so hard. i'm very determined to not test as i don't want to jinx myself and i know how extremely stupid that sounds. It sounds so dumb. Do you think you can wait? And you know what i got my diary out and blood test is meant to be tuesday not wednesday. I think i'll make myself wait anyway. I worry every single time i go to the toilet analysing the toilet paper;thinking will this be the wee that shatters my dreams?Or is she staying away for a long time...
    Fingers crossed that this is the month that the muskateers rule. And all for one we have lots of babies. Yeeeah. lets have twins
    Ok maybe one will be enough. we will be so blessed to have one perfect little
    I can feel it in my bones..[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast