... 31112131415 ...

thread: LTTTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin 2009 #2

Jan 2009

just want to welcome and reply to sparkysgirl, im on 2 tabs of metformin a day - 1 morning 1 evening i found the only noticable side effect that i had was if i didnt take them with food - how can i put it nicely??? my bum and the toilet became good friends lol but other than that i dont think i got side effects - none that were noticable anyway.

Im getting back to my old self now not being so sad and fed up with the world FS appointment next week and going away for my neice's 1st birthday this weekend so that will be good have a great weekend girlys

Sep 2009

Red face new to forum and to Clomid (relatively!)..

Hey,

I'm new to this forum site, but really needed to chat with people who are going through similiar issues (not really up for sharing it with friends just yet :-)...

Hoping that someone will be able to offer some helpful advice/words of comfort re: TTC as feeling a bit lost.

My Ob/Gyn/FS has diagnosed poly cystic ovaries and low lutenizing hormones (?) and have been on Clomid for 3 months now (25mg) with no success. Blood tests to check Ov each time and think each time we'll get it - but nothing. Ov late each time ~21 days with 35day cycle. Now been put on 50mg Clomid taking 1 in morning and 2 at night - seems excessive to me???

Not good communication with Ob/Gyn/FS unfortunately - but need to know questions I should be asking him! Are injections the next step? Is there other medication I should alternate Clomid with so not taking consequitively? Is intercourse best as much as possible near ov or every 2-3days near it? Aaaah...

Wondering how long is too long with Clomid and whether it should be prescribed in consequitive months as read article saying it actually blocks estrogen receptors and hence stops preganancy?

Sorry for waffling!

Feb 2009

Hi Newbie - I don't write on this link much anymore but do linger to see how everyone is going - but wanted to give you some feed back - I did clomid for a total of 6 months - 5 months before going back to FS and then having the Hys/Lap and dye put through my tubes and then 1 more month after that - my FS was going to leave me on it for another 2. I was on 50 mgs from the beginning but only one tablet a day and it appeared to work - had the scans but nothing was connecting - so I think the dye did the trick. If it wasn't working they were going to do injections - to bring on ovulation.

I was ovulating anytime from day 15 to day 21 - and doing Ovulation tests. Also having my cycle up to 35 days. Once I had a positive - we had to BD that night and the next night - and throw another in for good measure! I did ask my FS should we be BDing earlier than when I get a postive and for a few days after and they advised me that sperm can get sluggish, so it wouldn't make any difference - I didn't believe it at the time but seemed to work.

I hope all you other girls are going well - have my fingers crossed for you tammara for your next appointment. I hope you get some answers.

Mar 2009

Hey girls,

Well i hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Dh and i decided to get away for a nice romantic weekend before we start with all the sprays and injections. It was just what we needed. We had the most amazing time. Now back and ready to start the next step with the ivf. I am ready to start the nasal spray in 2 days.,Then in about 10 days will be onto the injections.. My emotions are all over the place, im so excited to what we are hoping to get from it all but so scared about the possibility of it not working and what my body is going to be put thru over the next 3 weeks.
    After the weekend, im more excited than ever to get to this next stage of our lives so bring it on i say

Jul 2009
    Melbourne

Hi all

Reply's first:

Frustrated - Thanks for the heads up about the ovulation kits, I used to use them and didn't find them helpful at all (perhaps cos I wasn't ovulating). I'm too late for this round but if no luck then I will give them another try next round. And yeah I have been taking the Clomid at night time, just by chance. Have had some side effects but nothing compared to some of the women I have read about on this site.

Newbie - Hi and welcome. You said you were on 50mg and taking 3 tablets a day, does that mean you are on 150mg or in total 50mg? I am on 50mg a day only in 1 table though. I'm also confused why your Clomid is being increased if you are ovulating, wont that just produce more eggs and increase your chances of multiple births? Also, from what I've been told by my Gyno, sex is better every 2-3 days, as the sperm needs time to rejuvenate itself. Also I have been told only to be on Clomid for 6 months, so I think you?re right with 3 at this stage. Good luck tho, hope it works for you soon.

Ok, so I am currently on day 29 and have do not yet feel as though my period is about to come (should be due in 2 days, according to last cycle). I have however been quite nauseous in the evenings for the past few nights. Not sure if I am just getting my hopes up though Did a pregnancy test on day 27 (neg). I have heard tho that when on Clomid you can only test once you are due? Is that true? And if so how does that work as most of us on Clomid have irregularity issues and therefore don't know when we are due. Sorry for all the questions.

Well I am trying not to think about it too much as I worry that I am setting myself up for heart ache. Time will tell though I guess.

Hope everyone else is well.

Kel

Sep 2009

Thanks very much 31Becc and Keli for sharing your advice! Much appreciated!!!

I was initially on 25mg 1per day for the first three times and this last time FS said to up the dose to 50mg and take 3 of those tablets per day (150mg in total). I am abit concerned too Kellie as I think it's an excessive jump from 25mg - 150mg in one hit!
    I 'think' I was ovulating - FS doing blood test monitoring and seemed that levels rising enough to suggest so - but maybe not!

Internal ultrasounds usually showing multiple small follicles at 10-12 days but don't know if they actually matured to a single mature follicle for ovulation to occur...another question to ask FS!

I have appt this Friday for internal ultrasound and will quiz FS then!

Sounds like I'll be on it for a little longer perhaps and then I'll ask FS about injections...

Good luck to you Keli in the next couple of days!

Feb 2009

Keli - just letting you know my FS always said that I should start testing from 17 days after I had a postive read for ovulation with a kit. Hope this helps.

Mar 2009

Ok so i am nervously/anxiously awaiting a call from the nurse, i am 7 days into the nasal spray and supposed to get pd today? I have a feeling i may have ovulated sun or Mon tho, and the nurse told me that if i did it would set me back a few weeks I am supposed to start my injections this week so i will be devostated if its all put back. I do feel as tho i am getting pd's tho so fingers crossed, coz if i do i def didnt ov. So i had the blood test yesterday and am getting a call from the clinic to tell me what is happening. If all go me and dh go and get injections this afternoon..
    I really have a feeling its going to be put back. I am going to be a mess if it is.

Jan 2009

Hi everyone

Fingers crossed you get to progress with the injections but try not to get too upset if you have to wait, i do understand how hard the waiting is. I went to my FS last week and my next step is the surgery but i cant get into see the dr till mid November so i dont even know if i will get suregery this year.

Mar 2009

I keep trying to prepare myself that things may get put back and even not work but i hate that thought im trying to be so positive which may not be a good thing in this situation.
    I feel for you Tamara, yes the wait is just horrible.I guess at least you know that this surgery may be your answer but i cant imagine how you must feel knowing that the appointment is even a few months away. I have everything crossed for you that as soon as the surgery is done, all works out for you.

Jan 2009

Thanks

It just feels like waisted time of doing nothing. But who knows if i dont think about it, it may happen naturally.

The dr said if this doesnt work then it is onto IVF for me

Mar 2009

I was just about to say any luck ot will happen naturally. maybe this wait is meant to be for that to happen. All the best...

I am still waiting on thois phone call, the wait is killing me

Jan 2009

You never know i might get an early Christmas present I did fall pregnent just on the Metformin in Feb this year so it might happen. Fingers crossed for you

Mar 2009

Best Xmas Pressie ever hey....

Ok well Nurse just called and my levels are all good so we are heading in there this arvo to get all injection stuff... I feel like crying im so so happy

Jan 2009

FANTASTIC!!!!! dont be too worried about the injections, i promis they are not that bad

Mar 2009

I dont care they can hurt me all they want all i care about is that i am actually on track. Im so so happy

Mar 2009

Hey How is everyone? Any news from anyone?
    Ok well im all on track started my injections last week, and go for my scan in 3 days to see whether im ready to go in for the collection.
    I'm praying that im all on track

Jan 2009

Hope its going well for you and your not getting too many side effects. The main thing that i noticed was the hot flushes but they went away once i stopped.

My appointment was moved from November to next monday to see the surgeon so im happy about that, cant wait to start the next chapter.

... 31112131415 ...