123412 ...

thread: LTTTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin 2009 #2

wantbaby#2 Guest

WOW i dont know....sorry.Sounds confusing.The only thing i do know is that clomid can cause spotting and intermittent bleeding.Thats all i can find out.Best to let the doc sort it out.I wish i could be more helpful.

Does anyone know for sure if taking clomid later will postpone ovulation slightly? I was on 50mg days 2-6 last month.I ovulated between day 14/15.(+ OPK plus sharp cramps both ovaries over 2 days)
    My husband is away for a week days 9-14 of my cycle.Im at day 2 of my cycle and thought about starting clomid tomorrow(days 3 of cycle) to hopefully have hubby back in time.Otherwise i have to wait 2 cycles.He's away for work this month then a stupid,irritating golf trip next month......devoted hey?
    Last edited by wantbaby#2; May 4th, 2009 at 06:17 PM.

Platinum Member. 2010 RAK Recipient

Mar 2009
    Brussels, Belgium

Hi girls! Just dropping in to send love and to all! Stay strong and positive!

Jan 2009

Hi everyone, hope your all doing and feeling well.

Wantababy, i am sort of in your situation, my husband has been working away 10 days home 4 so it is very much pot luck. I would deffinately give it a go, if it doesnt work this month i would talk to your DR and ask him to give you another month worth - as long as taking the clomid more than 3 months doesnt hurt you then i say go for it.

Because i have never really paid attention untill now, im not sure if i am getting "o" pains or not, im getting like a crampy pain - was quite bad today it sort of feels like ummm you know when you have been busting for a wee and your bladder is full? well it is sort of that kind of feeling. . . . . . . probably not explaining it well but fingers crossed and i have ovulated.

Dont know if i have said it but i am very greatfull that i found this forum because it has given me hope and lots of answer xxoo

Jan 2009

Smile

if my last post comes up twice - sorry computer had a fit as i was saving

Feb 2009

MRZ - maybe you should get your FS to do a blood test. That will rule out anything, before you start taking the tabs again.

Wantbaby#2 - I had the same situation two months back. I would take the risk and take the tablets this month and hope it coincides.

I hate waiting during that 2 week faze!
    Last edited by 31becc; August 10th, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Hi I am new to this thread as I have been doing IUI uising puregon for 18 months now. I just have a few questions as my new FS has put me on metformin. What is it for? Other than regulating your insulin levels. Is it to help with weight loss, as I lost 11kg on reductil in just under 60 days in the last week i have lost 2kg more. What more does he want from me?

Jan 2009

Hi Saph

I am pretty sure the metformin is to help insulin levels and i think by doing that, you get the assisted weight loss. Also i think it helps get your period regular (it has done this for me) im not 100% if what i say is right but i think it is.

Welcome to the thread

Jan 2009

Oh and another thing with the Metformin, i was taking it for about 2 months last year and fell pregnent with it (unfortunately lost the baby), so it must be doing some good

wantbaby#2 Guest

hi girls,Welcome saph!!
    Well i decided id wait another month to do round 2 of clomid as i didnt want to get my body out of wack and have side effects if it was going to be a possibility that DH would be away for BD.Anyhow i got a call tonight saying that his work trip is cancelled and he said to start my clomid....so i took the first tonight.Its day 4 of my cycle so i hope it still works.I am taking everyones avice and taking them at night to avoid the side effects.Im so glad the universe has worked in my favour!!! Lets hope this month brings some good news.
    MRZBABY how are You?

Mar 2009
    Brussels, Belgium

Hi everyone!

Oh and another thing with the Metformin, i was taking it for about 2 months last year and fell pregnent with it (unfortunately lost the baby), so it must be doing some good
    Tammara, can I ask you about this? Did you stop the met when you got pregnant? My doctor is telling me to stop now and I am really scared because I hear some girls had bad experiences with stopping before the 1st trimester...I don't know what to do...

Thanks for any advice or info you might have

Babydust to everyone!

Mar 2009

Day 15

Well not much to report really at the " do stage", so day 15 ... .On day 12-13 i had light pains left lower side of stomach, they felt kind f like o pains but no where as severe as last time, and i think it was a little early to be o ..?? Then again last night and little this morning.. ......
    Brussels i have been told that when you fall you must keep taking the met, id def get other opinions. So how is it all going? How far now?

Apr 2009
    Sydney

Hi Ladies

Well im on day 21 and not feeling much at the moment so not feeling very hopeful but i suppose its only early still but im just so scared to get my hopes up but ive read so many women fall first month on Clomid and im praying im one of those.

Not too sure when to test as my cycles have been crazy since mc last July, anywhere from 28 to 36 days although last month was 28 and that was first AF since i had my lap/hyst so im hoping i am now a 28dayer girl and that would mean i have already ov but ive read soooooo many stories about CLomid making you OV much later so im not too sure and will throw in an extra BD today i think just in case i do ov late.

Well i hope you are all doing well and i hope we get lots of BFPs

Rebecca

Mar 2009

ok so about 2 hours ago i posted saying i wasnt sure if i ovulated the other day, well im certain now that i didnt.. Coz im in pain now def o'ing now. In pain but the more pain the higher the levels, so im happy..

Feb 2009

Frustrated - get home and BD!!

Beckie - my FS - says leave it 16 days after ovulation before you start testing - chlomid apparently makes you regular - my cycles for the last four months have been ranging between 28 and 32 days - whereas before - I was sometimes up in the high 40s. So if you leave it till at least day 30 - you will get a pretty good read or AF will arrive (fingers crossed they don't).

Saph - welcome

Wantbaby#2 - wow - I think that is a definate sign that he will be there now.

As for me - I am up to day 21 - apparently "O" on day 16 and have had very sensitive nipples (sorry for the detail) ever since, which doesn't normally happen. Would it be too early for that to be a sign?

I am getting a blood test on day 27 - as I have an appointment with my FS the next morning for other tests if I am not!

Baby dust to all.
    Last edited by 31becc; August 10th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Apr 2009
    Sydney

Thanks Bec

I am just an early poas addict as with my last pregnancy i tested 7 dpo and got a bfp so now i start testing so early,im an idiot i know but i really am addicted and then i just get soooooooo down. I will probably go and have a 21day blood test today anyway to see if i ov and they may as well check for hcg,you never know!

Im feeling very hungry and also very nauseous at the same time,wierd but i have stopped symptom spotting along time ago as every month i thought i had a million signs and then a BFN.

Now its just in the hands of the greater power!

Feb 2009

Hi Beckie - yes I too am addicted to POS - but have now managed to talk myself out of it and thinking I am not each month, as I havent' been. Hopefully they can check the HS for you too.
    Last edited by 31becc; August 10th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Feb 2009

Hi Girls,

I've been lurking this last week trying to will the days away but this month is going Soooooo Slooowwww.... How is everyone else coping with this horrible waiting game???

Well I'm on Day 21 and pretty confident I O'd on day 16 (due to a heap of pain that went from a few days before till a couple after along with my temp spike), did lots of B'Ding and so yeah, now just waiting waiting.... Have no idea when I should POAS cos i dont want to be dissapointed and aside from that my cycles have been mental so I dont know when AF is due...
    I've had a couple of symptoms, but just don't know if they are really there or I'm looking for them, Going to the Toilet heaps more, Hungry all the time and feeling Bloated..... Who knows, whatever!

How is everyone else, and where are you all in your cycle?

Mar 2009
    Brussels, Belgium

Brussels i have been told that when you fall you must keep taking the met, id def get other opinions. So how is it all going? How far now?
    Hi everyone

I am 9w2d now and the doctor told me to get off the prog and the met (the two drugs I believe are sustaining this preg)...I have decided on my own to continue the prog until 14 weeks because before the prog I was bleeding and I can't take that again...As for the met, I am seeing so many diff opinions everywhere, even my doc says he is fine with either way...There just isn't enough research anywhere, and I have been losing sleep researching like a maniac I don't like having to take drugs while pg but I am scared that if I stop I won't stay that way

I have decided to continue the met until 12 weeks then cut the dose in half for two weeks until the 14th to wean myself off...if something happens after that point then I will know for the next that I must keep taking met throughout...

I am scared every day but for now everything looks ok and doc is happy with the growth etc...Thanks so much for the positivity I keep checking in on you girls quietly, and I know we will have some more good news soon - I am rooting for every one of you!

123412 ...