... 7891011 ...

thread: LTTTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin 2009 #2

Jan 2009

Hi Ladies

Im just checking in, was hoping there would be good news. Im pretty much all better now, ended up having the gal bladder taken out so no more pains. Just did a test this morning - just in case but not BFP as i thought.

Even though there is no good news yet i hope your all doing ok and trying to stay positive im going to see the IVF Dr Thursday so i hope i get enough information and he can tell me my best option.

Feb 2009

Good to see you are feeling better Tammara. I hope you get some postive feedback when you go to the FS this week.

AFM - well there is a glimmer of hope - I am not suppose to start testing until Friday, but my heart has been going 100 miles an hour, so thought I would POAS this morning and I had two lines! The second was lighter but my test pack said that they didn't have to be the same colour and if I was not, there would be no second line at all. I am really trying not to get my hopes up - but I don't recall ever having the slightest of second lines, so I assume I will have to wait until Friday before I can get a BT.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by 31becc; August 10th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

Feb 2009

Becc31 that is fabulous news I'm so excited for you, my first + poas took a while to appear and was much lighter than the control line. It looks to me like you've gotten over the tough part. What wonderful news. Also, just so you know, you will get a + bt before you get a + poas so your bt would definately give you the answer your hoping for.
    good luck i've got everything x'd for you.

I've been going well thanks becc, had some ms for the first 10 weeks and have seemed to come good for now. Have had a couple of scans which has been amazing and am just hanging out for the big 20 weeker.

Tammarra I'm glad your back on track must have been a painful couple of weeks for you. Hopefully u can get some positive news from your fs this week.

Feb 2009

Ellasmum I have just gone and got a blood test - now it is a wait for the results - I hate how everything is waiting!

Jan 2009

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you Becc will be great to get the BFP! good luck

Feb 2009

Good Luck Becc, i look forward to hearing the result

We're always wainting for something aren't we.... Waiting for AF, waiting to start Clomid, waiting for Dye Thingy, waiting to do BT, Waiting for Results, waiting for 12 week hurdle... My God!!!! It never ends!!!!!

Good Luck babe...

Feb 2009

Hi girls - well had the blood test yesterday and I tested positive, however, because I did it before my AF due date they just want me to do another on Monday. My FS said that it is very unlikely I won't test positive on Monday.

Wil let you know how I go then. I am in absolute shock and in my mind even though they have said it was positive, until Monday I don't feel like I can relax about it!

Jan 2009

one word

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 2009

CONGRATULATIONS BECC
    Last edited by Ella'sMum; July 15th, 2009 at 10:36 AM. : take down sig

Feb 2009

CONGRATULATIONS BECC, ENJOY!

Feb 2009

Thanks girls.

It was my first month back on clomid after having the dye through my tubes, so it must make a difference - my doctor said it would.

But I will wait until Monday to feel at ease though.

Mar 2009

Congratulations becc

Congrats Becc thats such wonderful news, we needed some hope for the rest of us! I just got so excited for you when i read all the messages.

Well i'm up to day 15, decided to do another round of chlonid while i was to get see councellor for the ivf. Me and Dh keep thinking how fantastic it would be if on our last try it worked ...
    Fingers crossed for everyone else who is still trying. Its gets so hard sometimes.

Feb 2009

The dye was what worked for me too becc, amazing.

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Starting clomid

Hi girls

I'm just about to start my first round of clomid. My FS has had me on the pill to bring on AF (I don't ov on my own and have only had one natural AF since TTC) and I will go for a BT tomorrow to check my hormones are baseline. If all ok, I will start on day 3. I'm not sure if this is my FS clinic's standard procedure or if its because of me specifically, but I am being monitored throughout with BT and scans and then injections of HCG to trigger and then smaller ones to sustain. Its all very overwhelming, with almost everyday having someting to do even after ov!

I thought I'd come in and say hi and introduce myself and get some hints about clomid. I have heard about headaches and backaches, but I didn't know about the spotting that I have just read about in this thread. Would you suggest taking it at night first go or should I take in the morning first?

Thanks for listening!

Jan 2009

Smile

Hi melly

Hope you find the thread as helpfull and reassuring as i ave. From my personal experience i have taken the clomid at night and ive not had any side effects - well nothing noticable anyway. My FS has me starting on day three also so it might be a standard thing they do.

GoodLuck

Feb 2009

Thanks for all the nice messages, but am still in a trance about it all and don't think I will feel 100% good about it until I hear it on Monday I still have a positive on Monday.

Frustrated - fingers crossed for this month for you. I hope it happens.

Welcome Melly - this groups is really supportive. it is great because everyone understands exactly what you are going through. It makes such a difference, because anything goes and usually you can get some answers of the questions you may not want to ask out in the real world!

I am with Tammara - definately take at night as it reduces the side affects, I found a huge side affect for me was being irrational about things - it is frustrating because you know it is the medication!

Fingers crossed for everyone.
    Last edited by 31becc; August 10th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Thanks for the replies! My BT came back all ok so I have the go ahead to start the clomid. Another BT next Thursday to check my levels again.

thanks again! Hope everyone is doing ok.

Jan 2009

Smile

Good morning everyone, i seen my FS yesterday and had a chat about ivf and my options and he decided that i should try an ivf type thing (i forget what he called it) it isnt actually full ivf but it involves me having a nasal spray for 2 weeks to flush out all my hormnes then after that i will start injections to get me to ovulate and then i will be implanted with hubbys sperm. I have to ring him today and if the blood tests are fine i will start tonight. Its very exciting but im trying not to put all my hopes in it. Oh and for the bonus part it will only be $350 out of pocket for us, i was thinking $1000 minimum i will keep you updated.

Have a great weekend everyone, hubby is home tonight and we are having weekend visitors so im in my happy place.

Will be keeping everything crossed for you becc

... 7891011 ...