Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin ~ July 2008 until 2009

Default Anyone out there??

Hi All,

I have been TTC #2 for a little while and my OB has started me on 50mg of Clomid. Only going to do three cycles with it as DH has sluggish sperm and I'm not getting any younger! Will go to IUI if Clomid doesn't work I think.

This is my first round of Clomid. Cycle length is usually 23 days with an LH phase of around 9 days. This first cycle my O happened on day 16 instead of the usual 13 so not sure when I am "due" for AF. Would it be due closer to 28 days? Anyone?

Feeling very hormonal today so hopefully not about to get normal AF cycle of 23 as today is CD20. But boobs arenet sore and they would normally be killing me by now. Having my BT for progesterone tomorow to see if I did O.

This all seems a bit surreal. Didn't have any trouble conceiving DS - lots of trouble with keeping him in there and his heart didn't form properly so we have had a very stressful few years. Didn't expect to have trouble getting pregnant with #2!

How is everyone else doing? Where are you up to with your cycles? I am starting to go a bit mad with the TWW and I still have a whole week to go (hopefully if my cycle is longer).

Rachel
    Me 38 DH 3 DS 4

Hi Rommy'sMummy...
    This is my first cycle of Clomid @25mg and the only tracking of the proceedings is charting.. I think today was "O" day so really just slipping into the TWW.. DH and I have unexplained infertility and I had a Lap done on the 30th September.. Good luck to you and so sorry about the probs you had with your son...

Default waiting...waiting

Hi there Lilmisshavachat!

Are you getting many symptoms from the Clomid? I am still nauseous and its CD24 for me today. I was really giddy and horridly hormonal during the first week or so after taking Clomid. No sign of AF yet...

Went for my blood test yesterday so get the results today. I really hate needles! As this is my first round of Clomid I am not sure what numbers to expect so will ask the midwife at the clinic to interpret them for me. Its funny isn't how many different ways our FS/OB's approach this? I am on 50mg after only a few months of TTC #2 with bloods to check if I have ovulated. I see from reading others posts in here that some are having u/s to check follicle size leading up to ov. I guess it depends on where you are up to in the process and what your individual situation is. I would quite like to have u/s next time if I haven't O'd this cycle - just to try and figure out what is going on (hopefully wont need to at all!).

One year 11 months is an awfully long time to have been TTC. I really feel for you and you will be blessed with a baby soon.
    Rachel

Hi Rommy'sMummy..
    I haven't had any side effects from the Clomid that I have noticed.. So sorry that you're nauseous and Dizzy.. Not fun.. I had an appointment with my FS today and he checked my charting and said he was happy with how things were going and gave me a form for a CD21 blood test.. If he's happy after the results he'll leave as is for another 2 cycles after this and then it will be off to IVF for us... How were you blood test results.. I hope they were good.. Good luck hun and thanks for your support..
    Dee

Hi there Lilmiss,

My first bloods came back at 64.8 progesterone. Had to ask what that meant of course . Seems anything over 30 means you have ovulated and there is some suggestion that a much higher reading could indicate more than one follicle released! As I am on 10x normal dose of Folate and am older and have a family history of twins AND on Clomid there is quite a good chance of more than one!

I am now at day 25 with no AF symptoms at all. Usual cycle is 24 days so hoping that I am either not going to get AF or that Clomid has worked to lengthen my cycle. As I O'd later with this cycle too I wont test until 14DPO which will be NEXT Monday!! That is such a long time to wait...

When is your BT due? Is it coming up soon? I am soooo bad with needles. My son has to have bloods taken very regularly and he is only four and better at it than me.

They say its the CD21 test but my OB made sure I did it 7DPO to be sure it was accurate which actually made it CD 23 for me this cycle.

Such a lot to get your head around isn't there with all this stuff? Glad to hear you are not suffering side effects. I am still really nauseous. But I think I am getting off lightly compared with others in here who seem to really suffer with mood swings or even depression. Horrid.

As long as it does the job hey?

Rachel

Hey Rommy'sMummy..

That's interesting about the progesterone level as mine was 69 for the first test I had done.. My BT is a CD21 test and on Monday.. I'm hoping the Nausea is maybe a PG symtom for you and no longer a side effect.. Good luck Monday... AF would be due for me on the 21st... Such a long wait too...

Well she's back...AF arrived last night. Bugga. At least I now know that I did ovulate and that Clomid did extend my cycle length BUT my LH phase was only 10 days still - not long enough!

My DH going into Repromed again today to repeat the SA as the last test (our first one) showed really bad results. Hoping that next week we will get better results and that the last one may only have been a dodgy batch rather than a big problem. If we do have a problem with the sperm I want to go to IUI with sperm washing so that we can reduce the numbers of abnormal sperm. I worry about birth defects - seeing as our DS has very significant heart abnormalities...

How are you going?

Rachel

Is anyone else taking clomid at the moment? Im just about to start my first cycle on it. Just wanted some support from others!

Hi Erybery,

I only took Clomid for that one cycle - we are now about to try our first IVF/ICSI cycle at the end of Jan.

I found the Clomid did the trick with increasing my O as my progesterone response was very strong, however I did turn into a bit of crazy woman! I was only on 50mg too!

It was a bit daunting waiting for the symptoms to sart and not really knowing how i would respond. I think the worst part for me was the nausea. That came a few days into taking the pills (took them at night as others had suggested that will decrease sideeffects) and continued untill after my AF arrived. Also AF arrived a bit late (playing tricks with my mind) and was shorter, lifhter flow and very dark in colour and could actually have been a heavy implantation bleed or light AF. Like I said, playing with my mind.

Hope you find others to be Clomid cycle buddies with you!

Wishing you every sucess!

Rachel

Default TTC using Clomid- Buddies

Any one want to be my buddy? Iam TTC and will be taking clomid for the first time in 2 days. If anyone is in a situation like mine and would like to chat, let me know!

I am taking a break this cycle but I am normally on clomid only takign a break as we were on holidays when AF arrived and I didn't have script with me and well couldn't be stuffed trying to get it faxed to me

Hi Rach75 - can I ask did you have any side effects from the clomid?

only the first cycle when I took them in morning I got headaches and flushes now I take them at night sleep thru symptoms

I do also find I run a little hot the days on clomid and up till I O'd

hi erybery. Can I be your buddy? We're kinda going through the same thing at the same time: I have endo any maybe PCOS and it's my first month on clomid too. I didn't have any hot flushes or headaches though, I was just extra, extra moody and had sore/twingey ovaries while on the clomid. I O'd on CD15, nice and early and am 11 DPO now :-) keeping my fingers firmly crossed.

Good luck with the Clomid! I hope you don't have too many nasty side effects.
    Last edited by ~bonnie~; January 8th, 2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey Bonnie,
    I'd love to be your buddy! I am only on day 5 of my cycle so still taking the clomid tablets at the moment. I ont think ive had any side effects. Ive been taking them just before I go to bed as Ive read that helps with missing the side effects, although I woke up really hot the first night so maybe it was a hot flush???
    Can I ask why they think youve got PCOS? I had really long cycles, 76 days, then 60 then the next one I feel pregnant on what would hae been about a 28 day cycle and lost the baby, then after I had the D&C and waiting 10 weeks the gyn put me on the mini pill twice a day for 7 days to bing on AF which it finally arrived on monday!and not I take the clomid day 3-7 of this cycle!

Because of the endoI have been on the pill since I was 18 and I just skipped AF for months at a time so I wasnt in agony. I came off it the end of March and we have been TTC since then. After te really long cycles the doc did blood tests which showed high testosterone and other wacky hormone levels that indicated PCOS and then had an ultrasound that showed mulitiple follicles. So when they put it all together they said I most probably had PCOS even though Im not overweight or have Diabetes! Before I went on the pill Im sure i never had long cycles like now, its like PCOS has just decided to turn up in my twenties!

I really hope you get a BFP this month!!! I have to have a blood test on day 21 to check my progesterone to see if I have ovulated. How did you know you ovulated day 15?

Quote Originally Posted by erybery View Post
    Because of the endoI have been on the pill since I was 18 and I just skipped AF for months at a time so I wasnt in agony... Before I went on the pill Im sure i never had long cycles like now, its like PCOS has just decided to turn up in my twenties!
    Same! Very weird. I've been on the pill continuously since I was 20. Previous to endo being diagnosed at 20 I had fairly regular cycles, not too long. Of course I wasn't counting but they seemed pretty normal. Post continuous birth control pill they're not regular at all. But I think I'm ovulating each month and I do still get AF, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

Since coming off the pill they're anywhere from 28 - 38 days. Not a huge margin I admit, but still wacky and irregular ovulation and luteal phases. Also, my HyCoSy showed multiple small follicles so the FS I'm seeing said I'm borderline PCOS and ordered hormone BTs to check which I had this month. I get the results on monday so nothings confirmed yet, but PCOS is looking likely.

I think I O'd on day 15 as I'm charting and my temp shift would make that the most likely day. From my charts it looks like i am O'ing each month, but irregularly from day 14 - 24. When I showed my FS my charts he said "well no wonder you're not pregnant yet! There was no way you could have known when you were ovulating" lol

Well, that's me out this month. Spotting arrived today.

Fingers crossed for a BPF next cycle. Good Luck for this one Erybery!

bonnie - Im really sorry! I really hope you get your BFP next month! Did your Doc do a bloodtest on day 21 of your cycle?
    Im currently on day 8 of my cycle so I finished taking the clomid last night. Now just gotta hope it works!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast