Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #8

Thanks girls, you're the best. Simba (our dog who we adopted May this year) crawled up to me on her belly (when i was sitting on the carpet having a moment) and licked me all over my face. When I had a lovely cuddle with hubbie when he got home she tried to jump up to join in, then took to nibbling my toes instead. Pets are GREAT therapy!!! And hubbies are fantastic for cuddles and make things better again.

I hate not knowing, if there's a specific reason why this isn't working- maybe there's something about the IUI that still wont work because maybe my egg coating is too thick or something, who knows--??

I think we'll try one more IUI before moving on to IVF but hubbie wonders maybe we should go straight to IVF... I'm reluctant unless doc could give me a good rationale... the thought of the extra hormones is a bit daunting. And even then, things are still up to nature to some degree, dangnammit! .. but i guess it might give us more of a chance than IUI. I dont know... we'll see the doc again in a few weeks and ask him heaps of questions.
    Last edited by deni; November 26th, 2007 at 10:10 PM.

Sharon I'm so sorry :hugs: GL with your natural cycle. Have you ever tried vitex? It is supposed to help with LP support, but only if you aren't taking Clomid or haven't got PCOS (which meant a big no for me)..... :hugs:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi
    Leasha so glad everything is firing up with the BFP thats just awesome
    WenJ great news congrats you seemed so refined with your BFP but hope your shouting it from the roof tops soon Big hugs
    Sharon: so sorry mate, it really does suck and yes furry kids are just the best. Its weird i bought a puppy at 9.30 on the friday morning and by 1pm i was in hospital having my ectopic removed, fate i think, so shes my little girl as well
    Welocme to all the new TWW'ers good luck wishing you BFP for christmas
    Hopefully i wont see you next month

Hi everyone,

Sharon, I'm very sorry you didn't get your BFP. Hopefully things will look up for you soon!

I had forgotten how the TWW tends to drag. I'm usually so busy that I thought it would fly - I'm still busy, but the time just isn't going as quickly as usual

I had my first Pregnyl injection on Sunday night and felt a bit tired and queasy yesterday, which I assume was a result of the injection of hormones into my system. My next one is on Thursday. Thank goodness DH helps me with them, because they are pretty technical, what with transferring the liquid into the powder ampoule, swapping needles, etc. I know I would get something wrong by myself, even with the written instructions!

Anyway, I hope everyone having a good day today!

hello everyone

thrersep - when is your BT hun? the drop in temp sounds good just hoping that it now keeps rising for you.

Brownbug - when is your BT too hun?

Rara getting close now for both of us hey ? any more symptoms?

Miss C - bestest wishes for TF tommorrow - how many are you putting back?

Hey Loula!

I know...very exciting. Nothin more I'm afraid (no AF too which I guess could be seen as a good thing). How about urself?

GL to all the gals with the BTs that are comin up! Sending u loads of BFP, sticky, baby dust vibes!!!!

Loula - I actually forgot to let you know that I also have 10 frosties waiting (as I notice you also have a high number..congrats!) Perhaps we'll get BFPs 2gether 2? I hope so!

Hi ladies, thought i'd pop in for a quick update - my temp has risen again, back to 36.9, so hope it stays high (though in previous cycles it has stayed high, yet no pregs).

Had my BT yesterday, called today for results, receptionist said she'd check with Dr then get back to me.......... still waiting! Will call again first thing in the morn, they may not be so busy at that time.

Must sleep now, have been having too many late nights.... *lol*..late for me is 9.30

Hi Loula,

My BT is not until 7/12, which is Friday week, so have a way to go yet unfortunately!

Well gals I caved this morning and did a HPT with a Fortel Ultra Senstive Test which looks for only 10mlU HCG...and it came up as a BFN. A normal HPT looks for about 25mlU. Only a few more days to go until the BT so it isn't lookin positive.

Hope u are all hanging in there. GL!

Hi Rara..... the foretel brand have a really bad rep for false results, even though they are very sensitive.... I used First Response In-Steam Pregnancy Test, which is also 10mlU (i'm pretty sure), they are a good brand, and got a faint BFP at 10DPO. Hang in there, I'm praying for a BFP for you!

Thanx sweetie. Hmmm...I have heard that about Fortel...I might hang on to that thin string of hope...that they are a crappy brand...haha! It's very hard to stay pos tho! I just spoke to one of the nurses and she certainly didn't sound very hopeful...but you never know.

Hi everyone,

I hope its OK to post here - I tried to find a TWW thread for Clomid and couldn't so I assumed this was the one?

Anyway, I am in the TWW of my first cycle back on Clomid for an LPD since a missed miscarriage in October and I'm just about over it already! So I thought it might be nice to talk to someone rather than suffering in silence LOL

I'm pretty sure I Oed 3 or 4 days ago - I had a really bad nights sleep one of those nights and my temp was up the next morning, so not really sure if it was right or not. But anyway OPKs were pos 1 and 2 days before, so I know we timed it right. I'm not sure if I'm getting any symptoms yet (probably too early) but a few cramps, a tired feeling and a funny taste in my mouth today make me wonder?? I'm sure I must be imagining it! LOL

Good luck to everyone else - I hope we get our Christmas BFPs!

hi ladies,

i have been lurking around this thread in the hope that just maybe one day it would be my turn to join in .. we had EPU last saturday and got 13 eggs, 10 of which showed signs of fertilisation on monday, our scientist will call us tomorrow with a day 3 update and then provided my hormone levels are all ok with b/t on friday, we have transfer on sat ... sooo nervous in one sense and excited in the other ....

My DH was so proud of the fertilisation result last night he brought home sparkling apple cider and served it up with dinner in champagne glasses to toast to our success this far ..... awwwww

Hi megsmum, i also jump between the two threads, and have seen your messages in the other - you're not the only one who thinks they might be imagining symptoms! Any little tweak or funny feeling sets me wondering too

Rara and Melsta fingers x'd for the both of you! Your DH is a gem melsta!

Oh lord! I've had a day to cover all the emotions - starting with great news this morning.... my sister has a new little baby, and after 3 girls, they now have a beautiful little boy I'm so excited and happy, then i was feeling a little deflated, thinking, c'mon, it has to be my turn sooooooonnn ...

Maybe this time... as finally i have my cd 23 progesterone level results.... 65! FS is very happy - he said if he could ovulate, then that is the result he would love to get! Have any of you ladies had this BT? Could not talk in depth to my FS today, so not too sure of the whole significance - i know that high progesterone is necessary, and if my FS is very happy, then i am very very happy!

Today is cd 25, my temp dropped a little this morning, but i woke at 4am busting for a pee, so this may have upset the temp... i took my temp b4 i went to the loo, so this is about 1 and 1/2 hrs earlier than usual....will see what tomorrow brings

GL everyone

Melsta - good luck for Saturday!

Rara - fingers crossed for you, it's not over until AF arrives!

Teresep - I have a progesterone test done too as part of my Clomid treatment - mine is done on day 21, although this month it will be day 22 because 21 is a Sunday and I can't get blood taken that day Anyway, basically it tells your FS whether you have ovulated or not, and therefore whether the Clomid is doing its job. I'm not 100% sure what level they like it to be above, maybe it is 20?? Don't quote me on that! But my last cycle it was 40 and my doc was very happy with that - and I fell pg that cycle as well. Also, I find too if I take my temp earlier than usual it is significantly lower than when I normally wake up, so I wouldn't stress too much about one lower temp. Good luck!!

OK ladies

Wow it really is getting busy in here at the moment - and like someone once told me (very recently!!! you know who you are keeping me sane and positive) it’s a very exciting time too.

Rara - this is the most frosties we had from our last cycle, we usually get around 16, 17 at EPU but last time got 26!so 10 of my frosties are blasties with Monash and two are D2 embies with MIVF. TBH i would be happy to have them all but have already said once we are done we will be helping out a friend who has also been through a lot medically (thats if she is still interested), although she is now doing great so who knows

theresep - great news to hear you BT results- clomid never really agreed with me so I think you must be going really well. Wonderful

MM - wow that’s great to hope you caught the little eggie, when are you going to cave and POAS?

Mel - great result hun - do you mind me asking is that a long time between EPU and TF? GL with your BT hoping TF goes well for you xx

Brown bug - my nanas birthday on 7th - and we are going to see Priscilla that night too. hope you hear wonderful news that day too sweets.

Well I’m feeling rather chirpy and have no idea why - other than having a day from hell!!!

How is it that you get a few really really GREAT days and during them you are sitting back quietly thinking this has to end soon - well it all started for me today when a child chinned me at work and i put a couple of my teeth through my tonge!!aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, blood was everywhere. and I thought to myself why cant my luck change AFTER Friday lol

Feeling very calm through this TWW intact the calmest I’ve ever been! Maybe as I really haven’t told anyone Sezjm Lisa, and my other friend (sez) 231203jack are keeping an eye on me I know though, and I like not talking about ‘it’ aloud as I’m still trying to just go about life trying not to stress myself out by thinking and talking about it IYKWIM???? Crazy I know!! Thats why i love BB. Still the wait will be over come Friday.

i cant wait for Friday though as either way i will be crying and if im not then i get to go and buy some goats cheese to have on home made pizza yum - how sad is that lol

oh just want to add - im so wanting to do a HPT but am holding out this cycle as when ever ive done one and got a BFP it has later turned out to be a chemical pg - so dont want to jinks myself again

Hi everyone

I've cut and pasted from my LTTTC & AC post, and I'm hoping I'm not being too naughty and doing the wrong thing... but it's news worthing repeating!

I have a tiny embryo on board fondly named Bernard by DF. I got to see it on the screen today - it was 5 cells at 48 hours... which I'm told is a nice strong day 2 embie.
    Out of our 9 eggs, only 3 fertilised, and only 2 made it past day 1. I was a little shocked, but I was told that these two embies are very good quality quote FS: " they are up there at the top of the grade and now we know that DF and you make beautiful embryos". Apparently the other eggs didn't fertilise as they weren't mature enough, which also means FS has learnt a lot about me and my eggies too.

So... one frozen embie, and one in mum's tum.

I am very excited, but I have promised (sworn) to DF that I won't do any HPT's before the b/t on the 12Dec. He's a scientist, and he wants me to wait so we can be sure of our answer the first time round - scientists and their logic! With my wedding and a trip to Tassie before the wedding all before the end of the TWW, I feel very blessed that there are now distractions to help the time pass quickly, even though I viewed them as hindrances to the process originally. I realise now I'm very lucky.

Unfortunately I won't be round so much for the next week - we're off to Tassie in the morning with ILs until next Wednesday, but I will be thinking of you all lots and lots and really looking forward to catching you all next Thursday, and hearing how people are doing and posting some personals.

Please be well everyone and I hope you're all ok for now

Lots of hugs,

Miss C

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast