Thread: migraines from the pill

Angry migraines from the pill

I started my contraceptive pill to prepare for my Feb ivf cycle and the migraines i get from the pill are really severe.Does anyone else get migraines from the pill??
    Im taking levelin ed and the first hormone tablet i took i woke up the next morning with an unbelieveable migraine.I took another pill today and fingers crossed i don't wake up with another migraine tomorrow morning.
    I havent given up yet but think i will contact my clinic nurse and maybe try the mini pill.

I took the pill for about 8yrs without any sort of reactions or symptoms and when we decide to TTC i come straight off it and fell PG the second cycle...lucky me!! Anyway after having DS 5.5yrs ago i tried to take the pill twice, now everytime i have tried it makes feel like all i want to do is throw up!
    I asked the DR about this and all she can say is that some people just can't take it, but i did explain to her i took it for 8 yrs without any sort of symptoms....she had no answers!

So i guess for you maybe it is the old story that some people it just doesn't work for them!

Yes i guess thats right. I took many pills on and off and did get a few migraines here and there.Mini pill makes me eat!!!
    Its amazing what we put our bodies through!
    All these hormones etc.
    My pharmasist said don't give up yet as i may not get a migraine tomorrow!!
    Well i m keeping my fingers crossed!
    Thanks for your reply and yes you were lucky falling preg on your 2nd cycle.
    have a great day.
    mel

Unfortunately i haven't been able to since though and it is so frustrating! Maybe i just fluked it first time round!!

Yes you were lucky 1st time.It would be frustrating.
    you have one child conceived by ivf is that correct??
    I continued the pill and I woke up this morning feeling fine.NO MIGRAINE.
    Im just going to stick the pill outfor the rest of the month and be prepared to take medication at the 1st sign of a migraine.
    I wish you luck with your current cycle.Are you currently doing ivf? (sorry this is all new to me and i don't understand alot of the abbreviations!!)
    bye mel