Thread: MIVF's who have had unmedicated FET's..stats?

waiting1 Guest

Default MIVF's who have had unmedicated FET's..stats?

Hi. I hope it is ok for me to join here. This is my first time to this site.

My quick history
    Me 35 apparently no issues
    DP sperm issues so needed ICSI

TTC since June 2007
    IVF #1 in November 07 got 26 follicles, 15 eggs, 11 fertilised w ICSI, 1 fresh transfer and 7 frozen BFN when AF arrived 12DPO 10pt.
    FET #1 unmedicated at all currently 11 dpo but have major AF cramping tonight. Believe this will be a bust too unfortunately and expect AF at 12 dpo which is tomorrow - just feels the same.

I am keen to meet others from MIVF that have had completely natural FETS and to see what the restults are and how many goes it took. We are using Dr McBain. To date we don't know anything about the quality of our FE. I am a little disillusioned today and a bit depressed knowing that AF will arrive tomorrow. We really thought that this cycle might work.
    I did a HPT this morning but got BFN... i think given I have been pretty text book along the way that it is a bit late for implantation...... feeling very sorry for myself tonight. Interested to meet others in a similar situation...

Welcome waiting1,
    I have only done medicated FET's but I know Mel1977 just came off a natural FET at MIVF and had a BFP, I think she is alittle tied at the moment with christmas but I'll get her to pop in and post. I'm sure she would know the stats.
    I can say that I had many cycles that had results like yours and but always got a BFP before I got to the end of my FE's. DD is a FET baby with 2 due to be defrosted shortly
    Bec

Hi waiting1
    I posted some stats that may be helpful for you in the LTTTC & AC TWW thread here from MIVF - I've been going through IVF/ICSI there too. Hope it's helpful, and that you're doing ok

Miss C

waiting1 Guest

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I am definately bust. AF arrived this afternoon.....As expected from cramping .. feeling very despondent today....
    oh well - try again round #3 I guess.....
    Thanks for all the support !
    Ill get onto my FS for information on what grade my embryos are etc and why he is not taking them to blast and why he is not doing medicated. Will get the requisite blood test tomorrow instead of waiting until the 3rd now.....

hi there
    been going through Dr Mc Bain since 2001 and have done 7 cycles with him- 4 Full stims and 3 Natural FET.
    I a BFP with a Stim and had twins
    and a BPF with a natural FET- but m/c at 12 weeks
    I have great faith in Dr Mc Bain and if there was anything he could do to improve your chances- he would
    he told us last time we went that they are getting just as much success with FET as will stim cycles!
    good luck!
    IVF is unforntuately just like a roll of the dice- and you just have to wait for your numbers to come up!
    HTH
    odette

Hi there,

I am sorry this cycle wasnt the one

I was a MIVF/Lyndon Hale patient, I am like you and have no diagnosed medical reasons for infertility but my DH also does not have any. We did our 1st stim cycle in Sept/Oct and got BFN and did a natural/unmedicated FET cycle in Nov and got a BFP. I was given (at my request) Pregnyl injections post transfer for the 2nd cycle and I personally believe it helped my little one stick, although the FS says that noone can be 100% sure if it was going to work anyway or if the Pregnyl helped. I have also had regular monitoring with BT's due to my obstetric history and have had progesterone problems for which I was given progesterone pessaries. But regardless of the hurdles, I am still pregnant and hopefully it will continue.

Best of luck with your next cycle, that its the one. Keep us posted with how you get on.

Mel
    Last edited by Mel1977; December 30th, 2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added info

W1, I'm sorry to hear about blasted AF. I hope you're hanging in there

I can also tell you that MIVF's policy is to do 2 day transfers, usually. They only allow embryos to develop to blastocyst when a couple have gone through many cycles without success (I have read information from MIVF that states 10 as the number of unsuccessful cycles), and/or when embryo biopsy is required. Definitely talk to Dr McBain about it though - he can give you more background on why it's MIVF's policy - I can tell you that it's to do with their focus on having less egg collection procedures, which are invasive and stressful for the couple, and focusing more on FETs and having more embryos with which to achieve a similar statistical result of pregnancy versus number of eggs collected in comparison to blastocyst transfers. This is because at day 2, there are more embryos available then at day 5 (blastocyst stage) as many embryos don't make it past a day 3 hurdle point. This means more embryos available for FETs before needing to go back to a fresh "egg collection" cycle. In comes down to their success rate with freezing and thawing the day 2 embryos also, I think.

There is an excellent thread here on BB that discusses all the possibilities and advantages of both 2 day transfers and blastocyst transfers that may be helpful for you.

Hope this is helpful. Hang in there :hugs:

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; December 31st, 2007 at 12:51 PM. Reason: extra information

waiting1 Guest

thanks heaps for that.
    I have had an interesting day today.

basically went for blood test and it came back as HCG level 3 - so they think AF now on her way properly. I checked to day and it wasn't proper AF just sort of spotting. but they think given 2 is the dead in the water number 3 just suggests maybe implantation tried to occur but didn't work... makes me a little more hopeful anyway.

Even if AF is coming, W1, it certainly tells you that something happened in your body that was heading towards a confirmed pregnancy (at least a chemical pregnancy). I know that it's really hard to know that you are so close (who knows? It may actually be a pregnancy starting right now - you won't know until you have another b/t in a couple of days) but you are really courageous to see that there is hope to take from this.

I know it feels like something is wrong with you when you "can't seem to get pregnant despite an embryo being inside you" (a thought that went round my head in the days after my BFN) but I assure you, it's really not you at all It's seriously a roll of the dice, as thoroughly awful as that is. It makes you feel like something is wrong with you or your embryos, but I'm sure there isn't.

I hope that even if it is a BFN for you (it's not yet!) that you can continue to find the hope to know that you will get there, eventually. You will

Miss C

*las* Guest

I've only done one natural cycle, I respond better with a medicated cycle.

Miss C is correct with their 'policy' as such. My FS is Greg Fox who is a director, we will be doing a Blast cycle next year due to MF and recurrent miscarriage. I think it's a bit of a battle to get to that unless you have a long history of recurrent miscarriage, unsuccessful FET's or those with MF or DNA problems, which makes it a little frustrating having to go through so many failed cycles before a Blast option is considered.

Hoping you get your BFP soon.

I also see Dr Fox (lovely man, could not be happier with him) and when we were first meeting with him I asked about blastocyst, just being curious. When we were deciding what direction to go with this cycle (our first full IVF) he asked if we were wanting to do blastocyst. So maybe they are not just doing them now after many cycles of being unsucessful they are doing them if requested? We decided at this stage to do day 2 transfer - fingers still crossed at this point we can get to that stage.