Thread: Mixture of Emotions

jo gaskin Guest

Default Mixture of Emotions

8-[

Hi Everyone,

Last Friday, I had the worst period pain that I have ever had. It started on the left hip, went to the centre of my bladder and stayed there for about three hours. I felt faint and I ended up getting the sweats as I took a taxi back from the CBD of Melbourne to Mooroolbark (where I live) which is an hour's drive. I have had this pain in the left side of my body for the last six months. Even my naturopath looks perplexed when I tell her that the pain will not go away.

Anyway, after 14 months of trying, including preliminary tests such as blood tests for progesterone I went back to the gynocologist last night to see what the next steps were. I was advised that I will need to have a laproscopy and to see if they can find any endodometriosis. At the moment I am feeling a mixture of emotions at the moment ranging from worry to relief that they might find something that could be the reason why my husband and I are not able to conceive.

My husband on the other hand has to provide another sample for semen analysis.

In some ways, I know that it is one step closer to having a baby be it naturally or through IVF.

[/img]

cazzoom Guest

I understand your fear
    I would look at it as getting a step closer to motherhood.
    Its the only thing that has gotten me through everything I have had to endure this last 8 1/2 years.

I cant believe you took a taxi all the way to mooroolbark from the city. (We use to own and run a cafe in mooroolbark a couple of years ago)

Hopefully your Lap goes smoothly. I am going to be having one soon after a SHG and at the same time as my hysteroscopy.

If you need anyone to talk to feel free to email me [email protected]

Cazz

Jo welcome,

Sorry about the pain. It does sound a bit like endo but one can never be sure without the lap.

I'm 37 and have had similar abdominal pains related to my periods for most of my life. I was only diagnosed with endo just before Christmas after a laparoscopy. I have been trying to conceive for the last three years.

Like you, I was worried sick about what was wrong with me. I hope the lap will set your mind at ease and help you on your way to a baby.

Hope you will come and chat with us more in the monthly thread. There are lots of lovely ladies in there who can support you at this time.

Love,

Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Welcome to BB, Jo

Sorry that you experience severe pain with AF -sounds awful.

Look at all these as steps closer to motherhood.

I agree with other ladies a lap. will set your mind at ease and maybe give you answers .

I don't have endo but blocked tubes recently diagnosed among other things. IVF is are only chance.

Also, sonohysterogram (special ultrasound) can tell if you tubes are open and other info falling a lap giving answers as I was referred for one at my first IVF app. 2 weeks ago.

Come and join us in monthly thread and let us know how you go.

Know how you feel too Jo.

I've been getting more pain since starting Clomid & worse again since stopping it, including in my left pelvic region (awkward when sit/lie down) & finally (after ditching public system) am having a lap on Tue. I will be so relieved just to have some answers I think, but still very scared of what they might find.

Good luck, hope it all goes well. I can't imagine how hard it's been for some of the other ladies, having tried alot longer than me, it is very hard, but we keep each other going in the LT TTC.

jo gaskin Guest

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your kind and reassuring words. Its nice to know that I am being supported and understood by a group of people who are in the same situation.

On a separate note, can anyone tell me what is the best scheduled chat room to become involved in?

Thanks,

Jo

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Jo - welcome -see the sticky thread at the top of main screen
    long term TTC infertility discussion

come and chat any time...

we know how support help with tough days and to find answers to tough questions