Thread: Newbie, again!

Default Newbie, again!

Hello! I'm reposting this because I put it in the wrong forum, oops.

I'm Tish - my partner and I are doing IVF because he has trapped sperm

I've been dipping in and out of this forum for a while now. Tomorrow my partner and I have our first appt with our IVF nurse, and I'm having so much trouble concentrating on work today - I'm scared as hell! Is this normal? We've done all the counselling and seminars so I know what I'm in for - I don't know why I feel like this.

A friend of mine has just had a successful cycle using down regulation and I'm wondering if I feel this way because we're doing a short one. The Drs are talking about a timeline like pregnancy test 1st week of Feb - it seems awfully close, which is exciting but somehow scary too. Because we've always known we can't have kids naturally we've never been "trying". It feels a bit strange to be going from point A to pregnant (hopefully!!!) without passing go or collecting $200, if that makes sense.

Is there anyone else out there in the same situation?

Tish

hey tish

just want to say welcome to bb and best of luck with your appointment tomorrow, i know i wouldnt be able to concentrate to much either, its pretty exciting in a way you are officially TRYING and with any luck you will be just as successful as your friend, will be for a bfp for you.

best of luck and let us know how you get on tomorrow ok??

take care darl

Ooooh Tish, how exciting

Are you doing a full IVF cycle or an IUI cycle? If it's an IVF one have you started on any injections yet? Because if you haven't I'm not sure there will be time enough to get you to a Feb pregnancy test... I was on injections for 4 weeks (plus a month of the pill before hand for the down reg part) which seems to be about the norm.... If it's IUI, which is where the sperm is injected into you, then a Feb pregnancy test is highly possible.

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Yep not long to go, appt is 10am tomorrow!

Thanks for the replies We went to the seminar and learned about taking the pill for x amount of time, then injections etc etc and it was 6 or 8 weeks all up. Then we saw our Dr before Christmas and he said he was putting me on a different type of cycle which meant no pill (yay!) or synarel (which didn't sound like fun at all), some kind of injections when my period starts (hopefully in a day or two - actually highly possible in a day or two, I'm so premenstrual right now!), then different injections, etc etc etc, and the test would be in feb (I can't remember now whether he said 1st week or just mid now that I think about it).

Sorry not up with the lingo, I don't know what an IUI is, but they're injecting the sperm into the egg because apparently they won't know what to do on their own! Poor fellas.

Ok, so I'm definitely more excited than scared now Will let you know how we go!

We haven't told family or friends about this (for a few reasons) and it feels nice to share. Thanks

T

sounds like your fs is putting you on a flare cycle, so he believes your cycles are regular enough to be able to predict timing of AF and things...

if you're having the sperm injected into the eggs it's called ICSI. IUI is for couple who don't have male factor problems (intra uterine insemination) - they basically track ovulation and inseminate you with your DH's sample to make sure it gets to the right place!

looking at the timing, my guess is you'd start puregon or gonal-f injections on the seond day of your cycle - egg pick up (epu) is usually anywhere from 7-14 days after that, embryo transfer (ET) is a few days later (depending on how long they grow your embryo's in the lab) - blood test is usually about 14-16 days after epu

good luck again - and i'm sure there are others around who'll drop in to say hello. as i mentioned before, the general chatter threads are an amazing source of info and support - there is usually someone who would be cycling close to you so would know how you're feeling, and others who are waiting and are there for support!

Hi Tish,
    Hope that all went well with your appointment today. Good luck with it all. For me, feeling nervous and excited before any appointments to do with our TTC is still a common occurance!
    FG

Hi

Brigsy's girl, you're right, that's exactly what's going on. We've got all the gear here - we're all set to go! We're both very excited The nurse has outline the timeframe again and says we're looking at a mid feb test which is amazing! The injections seem a little daunting, but it can't be that bad.

Woohoo! Here we go

Thanks for the replies and luck wishes, will keep u all posted!

Tish

RH76 Guest

Hi Tish,

Good luck! Getting started is exciting. The injections are OK, it's more the thought of them than the actual injection itself. I was so nervous the first time I had to inject myself, but it was fine.

Good luck!

good luck with getting your injections started hun! they seem daunting, but after a couple of days, you're an old hand at it!

Hi Tish

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck with your cycle! It's so exciting to be heading straight into it! Look forward to hearing how you are going!

Best of luck,
    Miss C