Thread: Is It Ok To Only Do one Cycle Of Clomid And Break For A Couple Of Months?

Question Is It Ok To Only Do one Cycle Of Clomid And Break For A Couple Of Months?

Hi, I took my first round of clomid a couple of months ago but didn't take it the next cycle because I had a lot on and I haven't taken it this cycle because I have a big exam on Monday and was worried about the anxiety effect.

Do you think my FS will mind that I have had a break in between?

Ella's Mum, I don't think your FS should mind at all. I am going to do one more cycle if this one doesn't work and have a few months break. Fertility treatment can really knock you around and do your head in, and I think its necessary to have a break at some point, depending on your circumstances. You need to look after yourself too, and if you feel you need to have a break at any point I think the FS should respect and even admire that, and I doubt very much that they would be upset or angry with you.

We took breaks between clomid cycles, and our FS didn't bat an eyelid when we told him. Ours were purely for "planning" purposes, we just didn't want a Dec/Jan bub (just my side of the family alone, we've got 8 close family b'day's including mine!) and just didn't want to add fuel to the fire.

I wish I could give you hope and say that breaks help with the fertility, it certainly didn't happen with us ... but it's not detrimental either.

Whatever helps you through this darling ... TTC is hard and heartbreaking enough without throwing in the long term stuff as well ...

I think you're doing a fantastic job and I pray that very soon all your sweetest dreams come true.

Good luck!

Thanks Alisia and Diva.

That's what I thought too but I had the thought pop in to my head that maybe you were supposed to be consistent with taking it. Thanks ladies! That's made me feel better.

Best of luck Alisia for your FS app tomorrow. Hopefully your clomid break will be because you don't need it anymore! Miss you in TTC journals!

Congrats again diva! Thanks so much for your kind words. Makes me feel good.

My FS assumes we will keep going each cycle until it happens, but I definately won't feel bad for taking a break, we are the ones paying, we are the ones who go through the stress each month, we are entitled to say "I need a break" and make that decision ourselves (but hopefully it will be because I wont need it like you said).
    Hehehehe, I've still got a blog if you can navigate it lol. Hopefully I won't need a TTC blog anymore, and I can start a pregnancy blog soon! Good luck to you too.