Thread: Optimum diet for conception???

Default Optimum diet for conception???

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any advice about the best foods to include in my diet to optimise my chances when trying to conceive, or what foods to avoid? I'm a coffee addict, and I've cut back to about 2-3 cups a day, but I worry about it not being helpful to TTC.

Can anyone recommend a good book to help?

Thanks in advance,
    Vicki

Hey Pookiegirlba

Don't have any books to recommend but I have found low GI & organic foods to be best for me (seems to be the best way to go in general). I started drinking milo instead of coffee. Not the same but I am no longer amazed at what I will do in the name of ttc! Good luck.

Hi PG
    Just caught your thread so sorry for the late reply. You dont want to do anything too drastic with your diet unless your willing to wait a few monthes till your body adjusts, but a good book is Fransceca Nash "better babies" its very full on and i dont know that id recommend everything in there unless your moving to a desert island with organic foods But i have been recommended to go on the candida diet, even if you dont have candida its very beneficial as it makes the vagina much less hostile to and its not too hard to follow, coffee is my vice too i only have at most 2 cups a day, but in saying that i cut it out last pregnancy and ended up with an ectopic prg so who knows ????? If you want more details on the candida thing send me a pm and i'll give you the info, like i said the one ive got is quite good and some are too full on and too hard to stick too. Good luck

Vikki should have read properly the candida thing probably wont do much if you havin IVF as it skips the vaginal mucous, but have a read of better babies its got some really good info. good luck

Thanks Scooby! I think I'll try and get a hold of that book and have a read of it...will be good to have on hand if/when I finally get PG!

Vicki