Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In pain

Default In pain

Hey ladies,

sorry its been awhile since i have been on, i really need some help, this is the story so far try and keep is short as i am in a lot of pain

doing our last round of IUI i was on 50mg clomid and then 1500iu pregnayl so went for scan on wednesday to see how many follies we made, to our amazement we made 4 big ones on my right side, the left side had nothing but has got server PCOS on the left, so doctor and i had a big talk about risk with having 4 big follies but cos dp has poor sperm he said the chances of us getting all 4 would be very very slim so we went through with the IUI wich was done friday, so this is where the pain comes in to it, yesterday on my left side i started getting a dull ache never thought anything of it, but this morning the pain has gotten really really bad i can hardly stand up straight, i rang my fs and he said i might be OHS he told me to lay in bed take panadol, the pain has been that bad i have been taking Nufophen plus and that hasnt even helped, he told me to go to my gp if pain gets worse, so i am but the town i live in doesnt have an ultrasound machine so i dont know how there going to know whats going on, i could go to fs but its a 2 hour drive as he lives in a different town then me. my appoinment with gp is in half hour, i am just so worried i dont want anything to go wrong. also i have a terrible headache and feel like i want to throw up could this be related to OHS?? do you think i am over hyper stimulating??

Mstickles Guest

Hey Penny

Sorry I if am too late, I had the same thing happen to me while doing IUI. If you are still in pain now - go to the doctor. When I told the nurse she said sometimes your body doesn't react well the sperm being placed there but it doesn't effect your chances. I hope the pain has gone away. Mine was really strong and crippling for a few hours at night and then turned into a dull pain the next day.

The things I had happen with OHSS were basically my abdomen becoming rigid and swollen, I gained 5kg in a matter of days from all the fluid that leaked into my abdomen, and both ovaries hurt like hell! I couldn't stand up straight or breathe properly.

If it's OHSS, it's important that you start drinking gatorade/powerade/gastrolyte - you become quite dehydrated and those types of things have the right balance of salts and stuff so that it can reduce the amount of fluid that leaks into your abdomen.

Could the pain be a result of ovulation? It is probably really important that you do get checked. And get panadeine, you should not have ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory drugs while TTC, but I can understand the desperation for pain relief. Perhaps your GP can give you some panadeine forte when you see them?

BW

Chloe,
    Dont take nurophen..it is a big no no with AC and OHS. Are you having trouble breathing? When I had it I couldnt breathe in or out without flinching. If you are not sure..do you have a local hospital that you can just get checked out. I live 120minutes from mine and was told to go to the local hospital if I thought something wasnt right. It could be a cyst on your left ovarie that has came up amongst the cysts it may of capsulated or burst...I'm not too sure but if it gets worse OHSS is something not too mess around with.
    Bec

Hey

thanks so much for replying, well i went to my gp yesterday afternoon and he had a feel around and sent me home with maxilone and penidiene forte and was told to come back in the morning for internal ultrasound, so i went in today for it still in a lot of pain and he said i have 5 to 7 cysts on my left oviary the sizes vary between 3 to 5 cm and if i get any worse they will be putting me in hospital, i am waiting for my fs to talk to my gp which will be happening at 2 pm and then my fs is going to ring me as i just want to know whats going on, my gp is not a fertility expert and he wasnt very helpful with my questions i had, so hopefully by this afternnon i will know a little bit more. just i am soooooooo sore and its only on the left ovary which had no eggs in it, just hope that the right ovary that has all 4 eggs in it has ovulated properly and hopefully give me a bfp
    once again thanks for your help

Penny have you looked into Ovarian drilling, that elevates alot of my cyst pain and prompts new follis up. I'm glad everything is ok
    Bec

Penny, hope you are OK. Cysts are nasty things - hope the Panadeine Forte is working.

Mstickles Guest

Good luck Penny - hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with getting a BFP.

thanks so much everyone,

well its offical i am OHSS, my fs just rang me and said he seen the pic's from ultrasound and i am OHSS, he said that i can still fall pregnant so thats good i am on my 4th day in the tww, i have to travel into rockhampton to see my fs tomorrow so he can check on me, plus sort out whats going on with my left ovary as its got cyst in and around the ovary plus there is one big one pressing on my bladder ( no wounder i cry everytime i have to pee)

with the ovary drilling can i still have that done if I am in the two week wait?? also tomorrow i will be 5dpo would there be any sign if i was pregnant when they do the ultrasound just wondering if he would be able to see if i am pregnant or not but i am thinking its probably to early to tell wouldnt it????? i am just happy that i am still in the tww i though with everything going on that we wouldnt be able to fall pregnant but apparently not he said that i still have a pretty good chance of falling pregnant, so fingers crossed.

on a good note, my dp had a low sperm count and motility and abnomality but on friday when we done our iui my fs got my dp sperm washed and they done a count while they were there and he now officially has a great count and the activity of his sperm has gone from 20% to 70% . to see the look on my dp face was amazing as he had been giving hemself a hard time about it for so long now but friday the 13th all that changed, i couldnt stop crying i was just so happy for him, hahahah he was walking around all that afternoon with his chest stuck out hahahah its a dork. we put it down to hem losing weight and on some pre conception vitamins for males. so you would think with my 4 follies and his good sperm surely we will fall pregnant this month???? hope so anyway.

ok then i will let you know how i go at fs

thanks again guys.

Ugh! Penny, OHSS is hell - you have my sympathies. I don't know if he warned you or not, but if you do conceive, the OHSS is going to get worse... that's why we couldn't do a transfer last cycle.

Grab the gatorade, and keep drinking - it does help a lot even though it doesn't sound like it. And I mean drink LOTS of it!

BW

Penny
    OMG....thank goodness you know what's going on...listen to BW she knows all about OHSS...DRINK lots and rest...hope you feel better soon!

hey

I am back and feeling a little better, thanks so much for all your help it was muchly appreciated

tomorrow i will be half way through my tww, do you guy's know of anyone that has had a positive result after OHSS? i have to go back to fs on the 30th for another scan and that will be either to check how many babies we have or to see if the ovary's have settled down so we can decide what to do as my fs has said he would like to do another laproscopic surgery just to check my tubes and stuff again seen as though it has been 2yrs since my last one and still no pregnancy. but anyway we will see what the end of next weekend brings hopefully its a positive result

Just wondering should i have signs of ovulating while on clomid/pregnyl? just i havent had much discharge at all, no eggs whites or anything stringy, this has happend every iui i have had its like i have no sign of O'ing where as when i am not on drugs i get all the discharge and eggs white\ stringy stuff?? tell me what do you think??

thanks again for your help you guys are just great
    Last edited by mummy2chloe; April 20th, 2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: forgot to ask something

Penny, I can't help too much as I got OHSS on a full IVF cycle and no transfer was done. I also never ovulated at all on clomid, but I do know that it does decrease cervical mucus which would make it much harder to tell if/when you ovulate.

Hope you are feeling better.

BW

Good luck with the TWW. Hope you get a BFP

Hey

well i am feeling alot better ( thank god) and i am getting closer and closer to my tww to be over but i am a little worried as i feel like i am getting my cranky moods , you know the one's you get just before af arrives ( pmt's) so i am thinking that maybe im not pregnant

!!!!!!!WARNING TMI ALERT!!!!!!!

ok really need your help, for the last 2 days i have had discharge that is just like white cream you get from a tube of bepethem (sp) its not itchy or doesnt not smell, its just there????? never had it before do you think it might be something from me OHSS?? it was only a few days ago i was dry as bone and now i have white stuff really confussed as last iui we had nothing like this

sorry about tmi just dont know what it is

thanks again

Penny, I had nothing like that with my OHSS, so hopefully this is from the IUI and will result in a BFP shortly.

BW

Thanks heaps BW for replying

well after making 4 big eggs and finding out the dp sperm has improved and then OHSS i still got my period, honestly you would think with having 4 eggs surely i could of got one of them to make me a baby??????? i am so bloody angry and frustrated. I know that there are alot of women in here that are going through a hard time and i probably shouldnt be carring on like this but i am just so tired of this. for the last 8 yrs i have had nothing but fertility in my mind, next month it will be 6 yrs since i have fallen pregnant, i just want this to be over i want to be able to wake up in the morning and the first thing i want to think about is what a nice day it is instead of fertility, i have had so many people tell me to give it a break but my mind just doesnt stop i wish i could wake up and think of something else other then infertility, i am busy all the time i am working plus running a household on my own ( dp works away) as well as raising a 5 yr old so its not like i am sitting around doing nothing,but i still manage to think about babies all day, 6 yrs i am tried of it and just wish i could walk away for a while and live life a little happier but my mind just wont let it go

sorry dp is away and just got af so i am here alone. i know i am being stupid and need to pull it together, just so angry and i cant stop typing

ok going to go before i carry on some more, thanks for allowing me to have a vent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast