Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puregon?

FunMumma - 30 follies is good. They can still grow and it is better that you don't overstim. So don't give up hope yet.

I think what they are doing is known as "coasting" where they make things go slower. If you click on my profile and look up my website I have an article about it on my website.

Thanks guys. You were all right... it's not to bad after all. I have chosen to do it at night so i can relax while it goes in. (i do the whole lying down- alright leave me alone for 10 minutes thing) am due for a blood test on thrusday but they didnt say anything about an ultrasound..how will they know the size and amount of follies? Will they be do the blood test first then get me to come in for an ultrasound? I really dont want to hyperstimulate

Mez - the blood test will give them your Estrogen levels, that will be a sign of how well the FSH is stimulating follicles - which in turn start to generate estrogen. If your levels are in the right ballpark they'll probably schedule you for an ultrasound if my clinic is anything to go by.

Best advice on avoiding OHSS - is drinking LOTS of water. My lot made me drink 2L a day in addition to any tea, coffee or any other liquids. That flushes the Estrogen out of the system. I feel very bloated by the time they get around to the pickup.

If you start to feel very uncompfortable in the ovaries before the blood test then give your clinic a call. Mine felt like bags of gravel about the size of oranges from about day 4 of the injections when my levels went up too quickly. Every time I sat down I'd get a rude shock as everything pushed up from below. They were more than happy to have me come in a day early for the BT to see if everything was ok.

And it is pretty typical for clinics not to tell you more than the next step in the process. I've described IVF as being in a huge mansion that you've never been in before. You are admitted to one room and each room has other doors leading to the next possible room. Your host (the clinic) only lets you get to see a room at a time. You really don't get to see the floorplan until you've been right through a whole cycle. And believe it or not that is a good thing! Just concentrate on each step as it happens. Hang in there Mez.

FunMumma Guest

Well 3rd ultrasound today in this cycle. 14 days on puregon 75units and there is about 45 small follcles but only about 4 ready to collect. They have today now put me up to 100 units to try grow the follies that are there and hope i dont grow anymore or hyperstimulate again. If im not ready again on friday when they ultrasound me, i will cancel my own cycle. 3 weeks of injections is getting a bit much.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

FunMumma,

Oh bugger. I hope your u/s on Friday is better and you won't have to cancel.

Hey, why don't you come join us in the chatter thread. There are a few people there doing IVF cycles, so it'll be good to go through this with some cycle buddies.

Come join the thread here

love
    sushee

FunMumma - I second that idea Sush! FunMumma - You'll be warmly welcomed and have lots of support!

I like your explanation of IVF Kar...it really is like a mansion with many rooms and many paths. Pity it isnt a choose your own adventure eh? I know what we would all be choosing.. goodluck everyone.

FunMumma Guest

so down. 4th ultrasound today and after 14 days of injecting my ovaries are still not responding well. I have now got about 5 follicles at a size of 12x10 and the rest (45) or so smaller. I hate PCOS So because my oestrogen has risen they will re scan me monday. When do we say thats it though. Maybe this cycle wasnt meant to be. Should i cancel and start round 3.. Im such a mess at the moment. And of course eveyone at my clinic today were either planning for pick up or just had transfer. Why do i have to have faulty ovaries. Does anyone else here feel like a reject??? Sorry just feeling sorry for myself..

Oh FunMumma
    Hang in there girl. E levels don't make decisions any easier when you hit what feels like huge stumbling blocks during IVF! Take some time out before you make any big decisions.

My advice for what it is worth is that I don't think you should cancel unless you really really feel that you have to. If they cancel - well that's another thing entirely.

Consider this: You may have made FIVE FANTASTIC FOLLIES - you know the old adage : Quality not Quantity. Those FIVE follies are sharing the FSH between them not all the others. This could be just the ticket for you!

One of the problems for us PCOs girls is that we makes so many follies but they aren't the most brilliant in quality because the FSH has to be shared between them.

I'm keeping my fingerscrossed for you

Kar

FunMamma, sorry to hear about your ultrasound and can't begin to imagine how you might be feeling. Take some time to think about the decision you are going to make and stick to it without looking back. I'm sure that whatever you decide will be right for you and you will forget all about this horrible experience once you get a BFP. Let us know how you go. Goodluck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12