Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - June/July 2006 #2

Thanks so much Sushee - you are always so helpful

Quote Originally Posted by sushee
    They then start bringing you in for bts to track when you O, then transfer your snowbub 2 days after
    Just another quick question ... I often don't O, or I don't O until CD70 or some other ridiculously long cycle. Will they put me on clomid or something else to help me O?

Linda - glad to hear that you're side-effect free at the moment sweets.

Jade - that's so sweet that your DH is doing your injections. My DH stood by, looking on in horror while I injected myself lol. I hope you and Linda both have lots of success this cycle.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

It doesn't matter if you O late, they'll transfer whenever you do eventually O. If you don't O at all, then they'll likely put you on BCP to bring on AF, then do a medicated FET next time to ensure you have a good lining for your snowbubs when they transfer. I think on a HRT FET you don't even O? So by hook or by crook, they find a way to make it work!

FunMumma Guest

Please add me to the list

Hi Girls

Cherie - He is sweet although he doesn't want to give me the Ovidrel so I will be getting my stepmum to do that she is a nurse. He has given me the Ovidrel before but is not so confident this time. The gonal pen is really easy.

It's been pretty quite in here. I had another blood test today and they are happy with my levels and that I am not overstimulating so U/S & blood test on Friday. Hopefully follies will be the right size by then and retriefval could be Monday. So I will have to wait and see.

How is everyone going?

Jade

Hi Jade...good luck to you my sweet and fingers crossed your follies grow nice and big over the next few days.....

Welcome Bridget. Good luck with this IVF cycle and praying you get a BFP soon....

Well, I've had a frustrating day getting the runaround at the clinic - my normal OB (Dr Watson) and the IVF nurse (Kris) are both on holidays - I discovered this when I dropped in yesterday to speak with the nurse. So the receptionist (who is wonderful!) gave me the phone number for a nurse at the QFG Day Theatres in the city (where I had my EPU done).
    So I rang her - she understood what I was talking about, but then said that I would have to phone Dr Hines, who is covering for Dr Watson while he is on holidays, and she gave me the phone number. So I phoned Dr Hines, but spoke to another lady (?nurse ?receptionist) who barely listened to what I had to say, and said "well, I can't give you any advice because we know nothing about you". I kept trying to tell her that I finished my BCP cycle today and my withdrawal bleed is starting today, so I needed to know if I should be taking clomid/FSH/something to make me ovulate, so that my FET can go ahead in 2 wks (as was originally planned with Dr Watson). She continued to say "well, you'lll just have to wait until Dr Watson gets back from holidays" and I was trying to tell her that I was worried that I might miss the boat, particularly if I needed to start taking any medication in the early part of my cycle, but she wouldn't listen to me

Hmmmfff ... so unhelpful! I ended up ringing back the receptionist at Dr Watson's rooms, and asking her if she could fax my chart over to Dr Hines with a note on the front saying that I wasn't sure what I needed to be doing this cycle.
    I feel so frustrated with the whole thing - prior to this, everything has gone so smoothly, and I have always known what was happening. Please come back Dr Watson and Kris - I miss you!!!!

Oh Cherie...don't you hate it when crap like this happens. I so hope that you can get some answers soon, coz i'd hate to see you have to give up this cycle coz of something that is beyond your control....good luck my sweet.xxxxx

Cherie this is really poor on the clinics behalf.. the Drs should 'hand over' their patients to the Drs who are taking over whilst they are away... If this gets stuffed up, which i hope it doesn't, i certainly would be making a song and dance about it .. and make sure you complain in writing.. people just don't realise what us girls go through on this silly roller coaster...the clinic should be more organised in these situations... take care sweetie love leis xx

Hi Cherie. Bob is away until about 18/7. There is a midwife there some days seeing OB pt so maybe she can help. When I did my FET in feb I took oestrogen tablets and then progesterone pessaries to build up my lining I don't ovulate and didn't need to for the FET, Bob just checked my lining. I think I started them on day 5 or 6. I hope someone helps you soon.

Love Shez xox

confusedegg Guest

Thank you sushee and sammi for your replies.

Sammi, sometimes i think i am strong and then some days i am not.

Yesterday and today are 1st anniversary of the loss of our twin girls Chantelle 4/7 and Shale on 5/7 and tomorrow i have BT (fingers crossed). The last couple days have been supported by MIL and DH which has been great,otherwise not sure how would have coped and DH was also dealing with the loss of his dad 3/7 so we have 3 consecutive days of anniversaries.

Great news for Baby~Amore (trish) on her birth of 2 baby boys - WTG!!!.

Chris

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Chris, GL for your BT tomorrow! Many fingers crossed for you, hunny.

Bridget (FunMumma) have added you to the front page! Welcome!

Chris good luck with your BT tomorrow, I am thinking of you on the anniversary of your little angels

Good Luck Jade with your your IVF cycle, it is so exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. I hope you get a nice basket full of eggies.
    It is also very exciting when they do the transfer, you get to see the embryo on the ultrasound being inserted and it si just sitting there in the uterus !!! It was really overwhelming as DF and I really didnt expected to be able to see so clearly. My fingers are crossed for you.

Good luck Cherie

I hope you get it all sorted out. There is nothing worse than not knowing if you are perhaps supposed to being doing something especially when timing is so critical. I hope you get an answer.

My thoughts are with you Chris at such a dificult time. You sound very strong.

Currently I am just sitting out the wait to my next FET in about 8 weeks, bad attitude and all, so frustrating not doing anything, feels like such a waste of time.

But I am realllllyyyy enjoying the odd glass of Champers, oh how I have missed my best friend.

Take care all and my thoughts are with you

Sar

Hi everyone,

Chris I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful girls. You won't believe that I too lost our twin daughters on the 4th of July last year so I understand how you are feeling at this time. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by. I hope that this will be a better year for you.

Jade I am with Melb IVF. I have taken my 5th needle today and I have an ultrasound on Friday and will probably have my transfer early next week. Do you have any side effects? I haven't really, occassionally might feel a little niggle but I have been very surprised on how little it is bothering me. I am hoping that this is our month. It has been such a long road that there has got to be an end.

I hope everyone else is ok.

I'll talk more later.

Linda

Chris and Linda....my thoughts are with you both over this hard time of year. You are both amazingly stong women and are an inspiration to us all..

Chris good luck with your BT tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you..

Sar - I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but it won't be a waste of time when you are holding your little one in your arms. Good luck for the FET. And you go girl....get stuck into that champers....

Hi to everyone else...

baby_love Guest

Hello Lovelies,

Sorry I have been MIA. Keeping incredibly busy with work and study and trying to exercise in between plus keep up with my housework - yeah right !!!! I just have not had the time to post - I have however checked in every now and then to see how things are progressing with everyone.
    Cherie - I hope all gets sorted out so that you can have your FET in a couple of weeks. How exciting - two weeks is not long!!! How are you going with it all, hopefully all is well with you.
    Shan - Hi lovey, how are things with you?
    Danni - Sorry about AF turning up. How are you coping (you've started your first IVF cycle havn't you??) - sorry I'm a bit behind with all the news!!!
    A big hello to everyone else and hope we get some BFP's soon....c'mon girls, I'm counting on you!!!(no pressure )

I'm still taking time off - no idea what cycle day I'm on and quite frankly not caring a hell of alot. DH and I have decided to maybe chill a couple of months before going in for our FET. I'm really trying to concentrate on finishing my studies and getting back into Riding (horses that is) as my poor babies have been neglected lately as I have just not had too much time on my hands, so they have both probably gone a bit feral and wont remember what a saddle looks like (hee hee) nah it's not been that long, but I'll definately have a lot of work to do in the Arena!!!!
    Anyways that is all... take care and chat soon......and hop to it - I wanna see those BFP's!!!!! I'm living through all of you at the moment LOL!!!
    Lots of Love
    Alex xoxo
    OMG sorry about the novel - I didn't realise I waffled on soooo much.

Cherie, hope you get some answers from the clinic. Depending on your hormone levels in prior cycles they may put you on a stim FET or a HRT FET.
    My hormones are crap so I do HRT FETs, they involve taking Progynova (O2) to build up your lining til it's ready & then Progesterone pessaries to sustain it. You never actually ovulate so there is no problem there.
    Only thing is you'll need your Progynova from CD1, BTs start at about CD10.
    I hope all goes well, there's nothing worse than being geared up for a cycle & then it goes bonkers on you. I'll be watching & hoping for you.

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies

Have just had my beta today and reading is 296, so i guess i have BFP.

What do i do after this, stay, move to another forum? sorry not sure.

Always hoping everyone gets a BFP.

Chris

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast