Thread: Question about ovary enlagement after IVF?

Default Question about ovary enlagement after IVF?

I don't know if any one has experienced this after going on the IVF programe but if any is going to know I thoght it might be someone in this forum.

We are now 10 weeks pregnant.

Recently we had fell pregnant on our 1st IVF cycle which we are very excited about, however yesterday and today I have been feeling so bloated and lathargic with occassional pains in the lower part of my pelvis. I was just wondering if this could be still related to the size of my ovaries after IVF. On my 6.5 week scan she mentioned that my ovaries were still quite large and said that it could take awhile to decrease in size. I seriously feel 5 months pregnant. Has anyone else experienced this?

I tried calling the nurses from the IVF clinic who told me to call my IVF Dr who wasn't available and the I was told to call my OB. My OB is going to call me back but it is not really his question to answer. You think the IVF nurses could have helped me.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I still had oversized overies at 9 weeks, with pain , and was told it was quiet normal. So try not to worry.

I am quiet amazed with the run around you have gotten from a simple question. The nurses should have known indeed!

I wish you all the best for a healthy and happy pg!

I have one large and swollen ovary with increased blood flow? (according to the sonographer) and i didnt even do ivf!

they said its nothing to worry about and will sort itself out

HTH

Thanks Vicki and Danni. I just feel so uncomfortable and don't feel like doing anything except lay down. I have just finished having a few days off so I hope I am feeling ok tomorrow when I go back to work. I can't believe how exhausted I feel. My OB is going to think I am a nut case when he calls me tonight.

Mu DH is going out to dinner with his work mates and called not long ago to ask if I wanted to meet him in the city but I was in no mood to get dressed up. I feel like such a bore.

I guess having restless nights sleep doesn't help.

Linda

I have had enlarged ovaries after full stim cycle, but have not been pg at the same time, so cant be sure about effects. Im sure all will be fine - if you are concerned I would get them to check it out... just to reassure yourself.

Congrats on the pg, By the way!

Linda - the tiredness at 9-10 weeks is unbelievable - that's good news - you're body is concentrating on building baby - it's around now that it goes through one of its miraculous doubling in size in a week things. I'm just going through the next one that happens around 16-19wks now, but I am way less tired now than I was then.

I also had swollen ovaries post IVF and my left ovary was incredibly tender for the first weeks of this preg - it does all the hard work until the placenta takes over. So it's also a good sign that you can feel it.

take care. You'll be feeling much better in a few weeks.