Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions regarding your treatment

I have another question Iam getting ready for an egg pick up since my embies didnt make it so my doc said to stay on the eostrogen and pesseries for another week as well as taking synarel. I am having heaps of trouble sleeping tossing and thrashing about and last night I woke up with really sweaty palms, not just moist but it was like I had ran my hands under a tap???? Is this a side effect of all of these meds combined or is my body going haywire??????

jasmar Guest

Question Question?

Hi everyone, I'm new to bellybelly and IVF and would love to join in on the threads and get some much need advice and support from the so many courageous and inspirational women out there. My DH and I have unexplained infertility We had our first stim cycle in Nov but I had OHSS and was unable to do fresh transfer. We have since just done natural FET with a .

Anyway my question is we are considering changing IVF clinics and want to know if we can take our 4 remaining embies with us together with all our personal information? There is nothing particularly wrong with our current clinic but the new one offers a more wholistic approach, eg lifestyle, diet, natural therapies. Is this a difficult thing to do, ie. change clinics and will we have to start from scratch ie. screening bloods etc.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jasmar, I'm guessing that each clinic will work differently. I know it's possible to transfer embryos to a different clinic, and I also know that it's possible to request a copy of your results be transferred over as well. We've requested a copy of our test results from our clinic and had them in under a week. I've not done the transferring of embryos thing, but I do know that it's possible. The new clinic that you're going to go to should be able to tell you what you need to do in order to get things done. You may then need to contact your old clinic to be able to fill out the relevant paperwork.

BW

Hi Salt
    OI + IUI definitely better as they are putting the sperm right next to the egg. Not sure on statistics but the ivf sites have them. You would expect it to be foolproof as the sperm don't have to swim anywhere just crash straight into that egg right beside them, but I do know it isn't as successful as IVF. Best of luck if you are giving it a go.

Default Question about Puregon

Hi all, I am new to this site and have a question about Puregon. I am currently going through ovulation induction due to polycystic ovary syndrome. Currently on our Fifth try. The first try I took 50units and ended up producing 4 eggs, which is obviously not good for a natural cycle. Next 2 cycles I was on 33 and 1/3 units and both times produced beautiful single eggs, but did not full pregnant. The fourth cycle all of a sudden the 33 and 1/3 did not stimuate my ovaries enough and I had to go up to the next dosage which I believe is about 44 units. Again this stimuated one egg but did not result in pregnancy. This cycle I have been on the 44 units and even with the Dr extending the period of time on this dose, it has not stimuated my follies enough. So now I am going to be back on 50 units for 3 days and then have another scan to check what is going on.

My rather long winded question is, is this normal??? Can your body become almost a little resistant to the puregon? It just seems that in the beginning I was almost hyper sensitive to it and now, it is getting harder and harder for it to work.

Unfortunately, PCOS makes your response to ovarian stimulation variable and unpredictable. I don't think it's a matter of becoming resistant to the puregon, just polycystic ovaries being their usual bloody-minded, unpredictable selves. In my first IVF cycle I was on 150IU - no response at all. An increase to 300IU managed to make me hyperstimulate. The second cycle, we started with the higher dose straight away, but dropped it down much faster. I still hyperstimulated, and did so even worse than the first time despite lower doses being used.

BW

Thanks BW appreciate the feedback. As I am sure everyone in these forum's understands, sometimes I feel like my husband and I are the only one's going through this, and that the way my body reacts to the drugs is totally abnormal.

I'm really pleased that I have found somewhere where there are other people who understand. I wish you all the very best with your quest to have a baby.

I transferred 3 embbies from one clinic to a new one but each clinic grade them differently and mine were considerd by my new clinic as very poor and should not have been frozen. So I get to strat fresh with this new clinic Goodluck but it is possible.

Jasmar,
    I contimplated changing clinics but it was one of those catch 22 situations we would of been $700 out of pocket top transfer embies as it is unclaimable item. Hate to think how much it might be now . I was going to be less out of pocket to use them with FETS as the threshold was reached. We were told it would be better to use them and then change to another clinic for a fresh stim when the time arised..but it all depends on how many are in storage and how you feel about your current clinic. I found I went in waves of love hate
    Bec
    ETA Yep all the bloods are done again not so much laps and hyters and semen ...we were told we had to do counseling again We had done 15 cycles and I felt that wasnt right. Also you may find there may be an admin fee as you are a new patient..then you have to build that repour with the doctors and nurses LOL we chose to play the numbers game and thankfully it came up with in 2 cycles
    Last edited by Visitor9; February 16th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

jasmar Guest

Default Thanks

Thanks collo04, butterfly warrior and Bec for the advice, we really appreciate it. I hadn't thought about the costs involved in transferring the embies. I suppose what we are worried about is losing all the embryo's without changing our approach. We are really keen to try the colorado protocol but our clinic doesn't seem to offer this. I'm also concerned about using Clomid frequently which has been linked to thyroid cancer fs puts me on this prior to transfer. We are not sure our clinic is up to date on latest technology and advances. Will probably just do another FET then start fresh stim cycle with new clinic if it comes to that.
    I hope things are going well for you all in your efforts in TTC.
    Hugs, Maree

Hello ladies,

Well today I am feeling "all over the place" & a bit sorry for myself
    Today is the 14th of March - my EDD with my angelbub.
    I thought I would be pregnant by this date to help me cope - but not to be.

I saw this thread and cant tell you how pleased i was to see it ..
    I saw my OB during the week and we had a chat about what to do -
    I just turned 37 and so far some preliminary tests look "fine"
    Namely..
    Pelvic scan - good
    cd21 Blood Tests - good - shows prog at 39.6 & other hormones are indicating
    ovulation
    My charts over the past 5 cycles are "ovulatory"

OB has offered
    Sperm test for DH
    Script for Clomid 50mg (some BT to do if i go on clomid to check for ovulation)
    Ultra sound assisted test of Tubes or Laproscopy

We have decided to

Do Sperm Test
    Then make up our mind on what to do next

So I am wondering ladies your opinion on Clomid if DH sperm is OK??
    I see DrGirl is in a similar dilema so I hope both our questions can be
    answered.
    Thanks for listening!!

i will be starting synarel on 18th of april and i am concerned it will cause me to gain weight?, i am currently trying a healthy eating pattern and regular walks and excercise but am a size 14. i don't want to gain too much before i am even preganat as i gained nearly 20 kg with last bub and basically only lost 10kg. BUMMER for me. anyway we're not sure how my body will react to all these medications as i am a very natural person and hate even taking a panadol unless i really have to.
    janet

Synarel doesn't have weight gain listed as a side effect. The puregon/gonal F that you will have later does have weight gain listed, though.

Unfortunately the only way to tell how it's going to effect you is to get in and start. I've never gained weight while on puregon, but I do get extremely fatigued. Fatigue isn't listed as a common side effect, so sometimes you can be completely surprised by what it does.

The side effects generally listed for synarel (and lucrin) are headache, mood change, muscle pain, breast tenderness, hot flushes and nausea.

BW

Hi All,
    I was just wondering what "side effects" from the stimulation of follicles others have had in the lead up to the EPU. This is my second cycle and I don't remember experiencing anything that I am this time around in my first cycle! I am at Day 10 of injections now and I have about 11 follies that are roughly 13-14mm which is roughly where I was at this time in the first cycle. I have been having a lot of back pain though and I feel really bloated, achy and just yuck. Has anyone else had back pain at this point - I am most worried about that. And I am also assuming that all these aches will go away after the EPU?? As I said, I didn't really have any side effects last time which is why I am a bit concerned this time around...
    It would be nice if things were consistent every time!!

Default Only 60% of cells survived thaw

Hi all,

I had my first natural FET transferred this morning. However, my FS told me that only 60% of cells survived the thaw, but that as long as more than 50% of cells survive, they go ahead with the transfer. He also said that the average amount of cells that survive after thawing is 70-80%, so I'm a little bit worried that it's going to be a negative with this transfer. My FS was very reassuring and told me that it is common for pregnancies to occur, even with the loss of more cells than usual, but I'm still worried.

Does anyone have any information about success rates based on the above?? I can't seem to put it out of my mind.

Thanks in advance,
    Vicki

Hey Vicki

I'm not sure but I think it is quite common for embies to lose cells. But it does seem that the accepted level varies from clinic to clinic. SIVF have a min. of 70%. (They seem to be quite strict on all fronts).

I spoke with the Scientist when I had my transfer on 2nd May and he said that when an embie loses cells that you don't end up with eg. 70% of a baby (if successfull), the embie just pushes those cells out (when hatching) and continues to grow.

Also from what he said the embie shrinks to a very small size when frozen inside the zona and whats important is that it needs to expand when thawed. This part is critical. Did they explain this part to you?

Lots and lotsfor you.

Thanks for replying Belle. My FS did mention the expansion thing, but I think I was too bewildered to take it in. I think he said that the cells expanded but I honestly can't remember for sure.

I guess there's nothing for it but to wait till my BT on the 20th. I won't get my hopes up though

Vicki
    x

Hey

You know I thought I was going through the wait ok, have been that busy at work and studying haven't had much time to think about it really .... that was until yesterday.

I had some spotting and cramping and rang the clinic this morning ... they say all is ok but have to wait for Blood Test. Feel better today because its getting closer and only 2 sleeps to go.

Happy positive thoughts

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast