Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Questions regarding your treatment

Have you normally been doing the lucrin/puregon shots in the morning? Is the trigger shot coming in the evening? If that's the case, that could be the reason for the lucrin only shot on the morning of the trigger. Part of the reason my clinic liked us to inject in the evenings is because triggers always happen in the evenings and it means we can just have the trigger that day and not have to worry about extra shots in the morning.

I've had OHSS in varying degrees of severity with all three stim cycles. One had me off work for three weeks, another had me in hospital for a week and off work for a month - both of those had no transfer. The third... we'd finally managed to keep levels low enough to have a fresh transfer, but the OHSS developed mildly with a positive pregnancy test. At 13 weeks I still had quite enlarged ovaries... BG has given you the run down on what to do to reduce the severity of OHSS, if it does develop, do not be afraid to take your wife to hospital, it really is the best place for her. It is important to keep eating protein if OHSS develops, I'm not sure why, but it does help things resolve quicker.

Also, because my levels take off so quickly and get so high, it's normal for me to only have lucrin the day before trigger. My puregon shots are gradually reduced, and I'll have a day or two with lucrin only before triggering. It's a normal thing to have happen in cases of OHSS.

My nasty OHSS cases developed with E2 levels of around 15000, I have PCOS which also makes me more prone to developing it. I've heard of other women with E2 levels much higher who have gone on to have a transfer and not develop any symptoms of OHSS. For me, the trouble is more the PCOS rather than the actual E2 numbers.

BW

Hi, hoping anyone who's already been through ivf can help..

I'm starting my first cycle of ivf and had to ring the clinic on day 1 - which was Saturday. The nurse has told me to start on the pill that night. I was told to start on the "Saturday yellow pill" which is the start of the yellow hormone pills, not white sugar ones.

I am confused because I was initially told by the fs that the pill ensures a 28 day cycle so that theatre can be booked well in advance for egg collection. By starting on the yellow pills on day 1 - doesn't that... 1). make this period super short and, 2). make my next period start when I get back to the white sugar pills which will be day 22? How does that work?

Hoping someone can help...

Kaydee, it's entirely possible that being on the pill will change AF. It may make things super short, it may make things lighter but dribble on longer. It's really hard to say. Either way, it won't really worry your clinic even though it will be freaking you out!

As for the 28 day cycle or the 21 day cycle - your clinic may keep you on the active pills for longer than just one strip in the pack. You'll get instructions as to when to stop taking the active pills (if you don't, make sure you get them!).

For my first cycle, my clinic kept me on the active pills for over 4 weeks. When we discovered that being on the pill causes me to bleed constantly even while on the active pills, things were done differently for later cycles and I never had more than a week on the active pills before starting the down regulation drugs.

Don't be afraid to ask your clinic if you are unclear on something. Chances are you won't come up with a question they haven't heard before, and it's best to ask and be sure than to do what you think is right and end up doing the wrong thing and messing up the cycle.

BW

Default Wash Follies Out After Pick Up??

Hi Ladies I hope someone can shed some light as I am about to embark on my second IVF Short cycle.
    Last Night my FS rang to discuss our options. He is happy to maintain the current Protocol of 125 Peregon and using Orgalutran however the only thing he would do differently is to slow down the egg pick up.
    Meaning that he would like me to be put under (last time I was awake just twilight sedation)and when they draw up the fluid in the follie he then wants to wash the follie to check that no little eggies were left in there?!?!? Have any of you heard about this??
    His main concern that with my levels (E2 14, 000 2 days prior to pick up)and the amount of follies I had prior to pick up (I think 13+) he would have thought that there would be more eggs.
    Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior View Post
    Have you normally been doing the lucrin/puregon shots in the morning? Is the trigger shot coming in the evening? If that's the case, that could be the reason for the lucrin only shot on the morning of the trigger.
    Hi BW,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

We have been doing the shots in the morning. Just had egg pickup this morning (~20). Will get our initial fertilization report tomorrow... I have asked DW to keep drinking water and just relax on the sofa for the next couple of days. DW is scheduled for some bloods on the Sat to check hormone levels. She has done well today but I am ending up being the nervous wreak!

I hope DW does not get OHSS but we will take it a day at a time, keeping the fluids up, try a higher protein diet, fingers crossed and praying...

regards,
    gbd

Hi Kaydee

Glad to hear that AF finally arrived and you are starting your 1st IVF cycle now.
    As you know this is my first one also, so all I can tell you is what I know.

I was told to start the pill on the 5th day not the 1st like yourself, but I dont think that matters b/c they keep you on the pill until they are ready for you. Nurse said that they cant have everyone starting injections at the same time, so depending on how many people are starting a cycle you may be on the pill from 2-4 weeks.

I am supposed to take active pills until I receieve a letter from the clinic telling me when to stop them, an when to start with the syneral and when to book my U/S with the FS.
    As far as I know, you should not be taking any sugar pills, you only take the active pills and stop when instructed. You better call up the clinic and get it all confirmed. I have already called then many times on various issues , I am sure they are sick of me already but I desperateley want this to work and am paranoid of doing the wrong thing.

Good luck with it all - its so confusing, esp for 1st timers like ourselfves!

BW and Luckystrike,

Thank you for your replies... I really appreciate the time you took to respond. I ended up ringing the clinic because it was starting to do my head in. They clarified what I should be taking and the date of my next nurse visit which would be when the synarel starts. I then received a paper copy outlining the whole cycle and expected dates of when things should happen. It's put my mind at ease. I guess I was just so worried about doing the wrong thing and mucking up the cycle.

Thanks again. Best wishes Luckystrike for your first cycle. Looking forward to chatting with you in the other AC thread soon.

Default Question about Pregnyl

this time on my FET i am using pregnyl, first of all OUCH !!!!!. anyway it is 1500 ?.i had one on day of tfer. wed 10th dec. one on sat the 13th and another one due on tue 16th.
    my question is, " how early can i do a preg test " while on pregnyl ? day 28 is on sat the 20th and this is my usuall cycle length.
    but i am not getting my periods for 9 months. POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING

anyone know the answer that'd be great. although i think that at least if i can't test early maybe i won't go insane this month. so a positive there.

i used last pregnyl shot on the thurs, tested it out of my system by the sunday, started getting BFP's on the monday

i would suggest you test it out of your system - if you get a positive, take it with a grain of salt, test again next day - if it's darker, it's a good sign, lighter or gone, means the positive was from the pregnyl (does that make sense)

thanks bg. it's just so hard as i usually have a natural cycle and i want to do a test early but don't want to get a negative result. thanks again. will try the testing out theory.

Lovenhope Guest

Default When will EPU be?

I hope this is the right place to post; I have an IVF question.

I started puregon on Friday and will have a BT on Wednesday (after 5 injections), just wondering if anyone knows when EPU will be? I am supposed to go away the long weekend, but am thinking I should cancel?

Any ideas?

Hi sandygirl,

I had 12 days of puregon, one day with no drugs and next day EPU. So 14 days after I started the injections. I think it can also depend on how your follicles are looking. It can be a little earlier. You will definately find out on your next scan.
    Hope it helped.

Sandygirl,

I had 10 days of Puregon, 1 day no Puregon then next day EPU. For me it was affected by the long weekend in WA so I had to have EPU on Friday. My clinic didn't get theatre time again until Wednesday so I couldn't hold off that long!

Depends on your clinic but you may have EPU on the Monday of the long weekend or a day or two after that. You'll also have to factor in taking your trigger shot ~36 hours before EPU (so if you don't have a trigger already make sure you get one from your clinic on Wednesday).

Lovenhope Guest

Thanks esperan and Mrs P, very helpful.
    Roughly that would make BT wed, US Friday and probably another US on the weekend with trigger then too. I guess I will stay in sydney then. Either way I will find out the process on Wednesday. the puregon is working.

Default New to this with IVF questions

Hi there,

I had a Hyst & Lap performed today and found that my tubes are clear but they are adhered to my ovaries, meaning a natural BFP is unlikely. Not impossible - just really challenging.
    My FP advised that IVF would be the way to go from here. My head was already spinning as I was in the recovery ward and now I just have so many questions.

I am eager to start as soon as possible but wondered if anyone could advise how long you are on the meds before you need to be going in for the blood tests and ultrasounds?

We have a holiday planned to NZ in early July which I would gladly cancel but perhaps there is no need if the monitoring hasn't begun?

Also, I am unsure how long after the hyst & lap they would wait before IVF?

I am brand new to BB so please let me know if I should be posting elsewhere!

TIA

Lovenhope Guest

Welcome to BB Taurean.
    I hope you find all the support you need here.
    I had a lap (for different reasons) prior to starting IVF.

My timeframes went bascially like this:
    4 weeks after the lap: I had an appointment with FS.
    (I had to have bts and U/S between 1st app and AF arriving.)
    I week later: AF arrived.
    (Then I had an app to get all the meds.)
    At day 21: I started provera tablets.
    Day 22: I started synarel spray to suppress hormones.
    Next AF: arrived a week later. (1st monitoring BT was Day 4 of this cycle)
    I am now on injections to stim the ovaries.

I hope this helps.
    The first step is making an appointment with FS at the IVF clinic and going from there. The doc will get all your history and advise what is best. GL with your journey.

Thanks Sandygirl.

I have made an appt with the IVF clinic today to meet the nurse. The first available appt was for Fri 26th of June so I took it. Couldn't believe the wait - takes longer than it did to get into FS!

So I will go to FS on Mon 15th for post-op check-up and so she can devise her treatment plan for me.

My appt with the clinic is on Day 5 of my cycle so I think that times in well from what I can understand. With a bit of luck I am hopeful that we can have our first IVF cycle in July.

Thanks for spelling it out for me. All the best with your journey.

Hi everyone, just thought I might post this in here.. I am on CD11

do these dosage amts sound high?

Puregon 225iu everyday, orgalutran 0.5ml everyday and pregnal 0.1ml every second day.

When should I expect epu? and is it normal to have ewcm now?

Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast