Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Results are in...I have antiphospholipid syndrome

it's good to have some answers , but scary also. i am glad you've got FG, as we know it has been possible since she found out a way to help her.
    i pray that these answers will give you your forever baby soon. xxoo

Possums, thanks for updating us, I had been wondering how you were going. Like the others said, although it is scary knowing there is something wrong, at least you know what it is now and can have it treated so that next time you have a much higher chance of carrying your gorgeous little bub to full term! Good luck sweetie and let us know how you are doing. FG had some fantastic info for you - and the chances of carrying to term next time with treatment sounds great! I am sure the needles will suck, but you are strong and you will get there.

Good luck sweetie, look forward to following your journey xx

Hey Emma,

It's fab news that you have an answer to what's been going on hey? It all sounds really positive and when you fall pregnant again (which will be soon) they know what to do for it to stick! YAY!

Big hugs
    SX

Possums; I just asked after you in the TWW, then I noticed this thread. Good luck with your next appointments, and I am glad they have an answer at least, to your journey so far. Your journey from here on in, is a new chapter with some medications that will hopefully provide all the solutions you need .. x

I am glad that you have a reason for your sad losses and it can be treated. I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope you get your baby really soon

thanks everyone, you are all a great help and your support really does help.

I am coming to terms with it all more now (and we have a heap more questions for our FS!)

but first things first...next step, falling pregnant!

I hope and pray it happens really quickly for you.

Possums,
    I know that your head will be swimming at the moment but just want to put your mind at rest on one issue - level of care. My FS stressed me out about booking into an OB by week 8 after our BFP - really hard up here as options are limited as well - and I stressed big time as it was hard (ie I was in tears because I could not get into the one I wanted!). In all honesty, what they really want is for you that early is to have regular scans to monitor baby's progress - slow growth is one of the potential affects of APLS on the growing one. So as long as you can get regular scans, then I am sure that you will be fine under GP / public health system. My OB has not really done anything else - especially this early on and I think that any good care team will look after you and bubs really well.

As for questions you wished you asked your FS - give them a call - or ring their reception and ask for them to call you when they can- I dont see why you have to wait for answers! Will all pay good money for their services!

Shared your story with DH today on a long drive, and we are both wishing you well!

FG

Thanks so much FG...i feel like you are holding my hand in this, and it is comforting.

How it works here in terms of care...you can see a private Ob until 12 weeks (which is what I have done with the past pregnancies) and then they refer you to the clinic at the hospital, where normally you are seen by midwives. I think if a pregnancy is high risk, you get seen by a doctor at the clinic instead of the midwives, and maybe see them more often.
    So I guess I am comfortable with the first trimester care, I was worried about after that, when I would prefer to keep seeing the same Ob. But on reflection, i am sure they are a good team at the hospital...and I am fortunate that my IVF nurse (and most regular point of contact, given that the FS is 3 hours away) is a midwife at the hospital. She is also a wonderful caring person, who has really gone above and beyond for me in the past...and I know she will take an active role in my care, at least in the first 12 weeks.

I too told my DH of your story.

You know the whole "why me, why something else on top of everything else?" feeling? i still have that quite strongly, even though I know I just have to pick myself up and get on with things! Can you relate to that too?

Hi Emma, just wanted to say sorry about your news, but in a way it is good to know now why you lost your precious angels. I also wanted to ask if you remember what the name of the test was they did to find out what was wrong? I am ANA positive but havent got anything else to go on except that I have to take aspirin everyday, which I am sure I will start taking soon. Still trying to get my head around having to take it while not pregnant. I had to take it while pg with my 3dd's, yet my last Dr (physician) I had seen had told me that he would have had me take clexane if I didnt have any children instead of the aspirin.
    Anyway I would like to get my Dr to check for this JIC they havent already, it just sounds so much like why I lost my angels and also thinking maybe it is why my last DD was of such a small birth weight. hugs

Sorry Emma, dbl post.

Hi Emma,

What a double edged sword - you finally have an answer for the losses that you have experienced, but the answer in itself creates another worry. I'm so pleased that you have got FG here to answer so many of your questions. Look at how well she is doing and use that as your inspiration.

As always I am thinking of you.

Janie xxx

casb- will see if i can find the list of things I had tested (they took 18 vials of blood).
    I am really sorry for the struggles and losses you have had to face
    hugs
    Emma

p.s. FG- you might be able to answer this one too
    Last edited by Possums; March 30th, 2009 at 04:19 PM.

csab- this link might have some answers/suggestions you will find helpful re tests

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/tryi...scarriage.html

Janie- thanks for your kind thoughts! I am waiting to hear news of your little arrival

Possums, I'm so glad to hear that you have gotten some answers But sorry to hear you are having trouble coming to terms with it. At least it is very treatable though and you have excellent support here at BB! that your forever baby is on the way really really soon.

thanks megsmum...slowly I am settling down with it all and am of course grateful we have answers. I think I have just been a bit low and grumpy in general lately with all of it! And I guess I am so scared of future losses. I pray this is our answer. The stats are in our favour anyway.

Possums,

just found this thread. I am happy you have found a medical reason for your losses and even happier that you may also have a treatment that will help. This making baby stuff is so distressing at times.

I can see by some of your posts that you have been having a terrible time of late, so I am sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Buggirl

Thanks so much Buggirl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast