Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Synarel - how did it make you feel?

Last edited by nanananny; January 13th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

I know what you mean Futuremum - I can handle all the side effects in the world, what I can't stand is all the waiting around and the emptiness of not having children!

BW - I was on a much lower dose of Puregon with my IUI cycles and it made me feel less that average. But going forward with positive thinking at the moment, I am just going to make sure I eat well, get plenty of sleep and keep up the exercise routine and that should help with how I feel (is it positive thinking or wishful thinking LOL!!)

Hi all,

I'm on my second IVF down reg cycle. The first time I had no side effects at all from Synarel, in fact I felt better than I had in a long time! Puregon made me a bit weird though. But this time, Synarel has given me really bad headaches and migraines, and I'm EXHAUSTED all the time! I've been a bit teary too, but nothing too bad. Thank goodness I'm starting Puregon tomorrow, at leat ssome hormones might calm things down a little!

x Kate

I didn't really have any side effects from any of the IVF drugs..but then maybe if you ask DH he would tell you something different hehehe! I wasnt online at that time and only read the leaflets once or twice...so i didnt really know the symptoms or expect to feel the way they said i might feel. I worked fulltime and kept my mind occupied while i did two full IVF cylces back to back... so my point is.. sometimes its better not to know
    Every body is different...so hopefully you dont feel too bad throughout the journey. Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by lil_chookie View Post
    Aren't Puregon and Synarel used for different things?
    sorry...I meant Lucrin. It's been a while since. cheers

We are now in the TWW.......one beautiful embryo was transferred today and we have 7 snow bubs waiting for later! After looking like this cycle may have been bust due to non responding to the Puregon, it has all worked out as well as it could of by this stage. Afrter so many years we sooooo hope this is the one

Good luck LC!!

I also found I was a bit of a nutcase on synarel, nearly lost my mind in a maccas line one day and couldn't work out where the rage was coming from LOL!

Hi everyone,
    I'm 29 and i am day 3 of using syneral for IVF.
    I'm the most highly strung anxious worrier in the world... I panic about every single thing...
    I have noticed today though that i feel completely 'normal' almost emotionless??? Is this common? i have no anxiety, don't feel worried, not panicking... I imagine i feel like i have been jabbed with a massive dose of tranquiliser (i never take any medicines for my anxieties to know) i am just so so so calm...
    I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter who plays up to go to bed and i don?t even feel angry that she is running around being a cheeky monkey :-)
    It feels lovely to feel so 'normal' but i cant help thinking its something to do with the syneral and switching off the hormones?
    help?
    anxiousmommy :-) xx

lisagovan Guest

i have just started synarol and would like your help does it delay your period or could i be pregnant 1 day late please help me

Lisa - it can delay your period so I wouldn't read anything into it yet. Give it a couple more days and then contact your Dr if AF still hasn't come. Having said that there are instances where people may get pregnant (according to my nurse) because the Synarel does something to their system but they don't know exactly what .

lisagovan Guest

Talking

thanks for your help will let you know what happens

hi,
    i took synarel, and suffered claminess/hot flushes the first few days, then the headaches come every day....yuk.... and head spins too, bonus!
    however things have improved now i on gonal f injections, however still get headaches though! Nurses tell me synarel mimocks the symptoms we will get during menopause....
    See what we all have to look forward too...

I was a bit headachy at first, but that stopped after the first 3 or so days, and I didn't get any more side effects.
    I think I'm lucky, I don't seem to get many side effects from any drugs that i've had to take so far (knock on wood . . .)

I actually didn't find the Syneral too bad - it was worse towards in the end of the treatment - maybe because it builds up in your system? I am not too sure...

It did give me some lil headaches and tiredness - but as I said not in the beginning..

Goodluck with your cycle...

Rach xx

Quote Originally Posted by lil_chookie View Post
    I have found the synarel to be very manageble, which I could do cartwheels about because I was worried!! .
    I can't believe I wrote that, because time round the last 3 weeks have been 3 of the worst of my life. I cry......all the time, I am paranoid (constantly - I actually think the man who loves me more than anything in the world & who would never hurt me is going to cheat on me......just stupid), I have HUGE anxiety attacks (daily).

I can't wait to be off these drugs...........this is the last time, I can't live like this.......it is AWEFUL.

Lil_Chookie, I am sorry you are having such a tough run this time with the Syneral.
    My sister who was just recently on syneral had a pretty tough time too, worse than her last cycle. She felt incredibly better once she started on the stims though as it balances out your hormones (or so I believe).

It would be worth chatting to your FS if you ever need to down reg again and ask about Lucrin, which a lot of us find less symptomatic and easier (a small painless jab). Also there are Antagonist cycles where you don't need to use either.

I hope you are doing ok, and vent away about how crap Syneral can be if it helps.

xx

hope things get better for you soon lil_chookie

syneral made me soooooooo EXHAUSTED and very teary. i had very bad headaches when i first started sniffing but then it seemed the headaches settled and the exhaustion and tears kicked in lol
    like dusty said, i felt heaps better once i started injections

hope things start to settle down for you soon hun

take care xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12