Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound to check follicles?

I'm sorry....I jast cant stop laughing at the glad wrap on the probe thing...that just cracks me up!!!

It's funny but the times I have had it done the guyu docs always seem to be more proficient at the "wrapping of the probe business" than the girls docs......I dunno I find that mildly amusing but hey you got to find humour in what you can during the indignity thatis IVF.

Lil Chookie...you going through Monash or Melbourne? We might be cycling together....that's if Geoff gets his tax refund on time....hehehe!!

Sarah - One hand has fingers crossed for my miracle & i'll cross the other one for yours.

MelBel - Melbourne @ The Royal Womens, it is nice there I feel really comfortable which is important for me.

I'll do the same for you too Sarah

il c,

they inject dye into your uterus through your Hoo-haa to see if there is any tubal blockages, so the dye should come out the other end of the tubes near your ovaries.
    not very painful, more just uncomfortable. i think it helps clear them out too. i had mine in August started clomid and concieved in both times straight after.

HTH

PS- everything crossed for you sarah(s).

Woo hoo Sarah that's exciting! Only 53 sleeps until July!!!!!

I have to peeeeeee! ROFL, going in about 1/2 an hour for the u/s!!

OMG at 53 days Deb, SCARY! But good scary

Did they say you need a full bladder Sarah? It's often not needed for a hoo haa scan!
    IF it is than hold on tight my love and dont' forget to tell us how gorgeous your insides look when you get back!

Yeah they told me when I booked in that I had to do all the usual stuff for a pelvic ultrasound. I'm going to be very cross if I get there & I didn't need a full bladder LOL! Actually no I'd prefer to get there & be told to go pee rather than being told to go & drink then wait for an hour.

ETA: So you think the results will be back pretty quickly?
    Last edited by {sarah}; May 9th, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Well well well that makes sense, I had 2 ultrasounds (pelvic & aTV) so have the pelvic first, went to the loo then the TV. It took just over a hour & Zander was such a good boy. He sat in his pram for the entire time. He wasn't too happy about the 2nd half as he wanted to get out, but we managed. I just wish I had someone to look after him sometimes as everyone else works.

Anyway, the results are due back at 4pm, so I'll leave Zander with my sister when she gets home just after & race off to get them. I'll update then.

ETA: I've just been to the loo & I am now spotting, nothing major just a bit when I wiped & also internally. It's red as well. Is this normal???
    Last edited by {sarah}; May 9th, 2007 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    il c,

they inject dye into your uterus through your Hoo-haa to see if there is any tubal blockages, so the dye should come out the other end of the tubes near your ovaries.
    not very painful, more just uncomfortable. i think it helps clear them out too. i had mine in August started clomid and concieved in both times straight after.

HTH

PS- everything crossed for you sarah(s).
    I have had this done but only when I have had laparoscopys (so I have been well asleep), I didn't realise it was done while you were awake also! Will I be okay to go back to work afterwards?

Sarah - I have had a bit of spotting after an ultrasound before, nothing major just a bit when I wiped.
    Last edited by lil_chookie; May 9th, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

i took the rest of the arvo off........... i had quite servere cramping or about 10-15 minutes afterwards and for me i prefered just to be with my hubby afterwards and didn't really feel like doing anything. i took 2 padandine before hand sothat may have lessened the pain

The whole procedure took less than 15 minutes though, not including waiting time

FYI- the levovist is teh nameof the stuff the actucally inject oyou with - weird huh??

Lil C - i really hope this is the beginging for you- can't wait to see your ( and sarah _h preggo announcemnt)

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
    A follicle is thought to be ripe at about 18mm's but sometimes it can be earlier and often it's later.
    Well, we're right around that So is this normal, to have heaps on the other side thoug? The right ovary contains 8 follicles, with the largest measuring 6mm. The left ovary contains a single dominant follicle, measuring 23mmx21mmx18mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
    We want to see a triple stripe pattern in best case and a nice thick lining upwards of 8mm's.
    The endometrium measures 9mm

Everything else is all perfecto!! Very happy!

You are LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!
    WOO HOOOO!!!! NOw, get thee to thee bodouir and be WILD!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Yes it's normal to have other follies that are immature. The poor loves won't get a look in as that 23mm one is a goer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12