Thread: Transfer of Embryo

Default Transfer of Embryo

Hi

My first time here and I was wondering if some one can tell me how long it takes for a day 3 / 6cell embryo takes to implant itself after a ivf transfer.
    I had it transfered on Tuesday and was wondering if it had taken would it have by now. If so would a home pregnancy test show up now being 6 days since it was done???

Missy

I had a 4 cell emby transfered on saturday the 9th and the embryologist said it would take 3-4 days to implant.

I am currently on prgesterone and pregnyl so if i was to do a HPT it would more than likely show a positive, but this is only becuase of the pregnyl in my system.

I would wait until your beta test at the end of the 2WW, otherwise doing a test now will most probably just be giving you falso hope!!

You do really have to hang in there.... 11 days after transfer my clinic advised was the earliest you could obtain an accurate result (ie. not effected by drugs providing false positives)...

I wish you could find out sooner, but unfortunately the wait will continue... Fingers crossed that you do get your +ve test this time around

Hi Missy. I am not sure how long it takes for implantation, I think it is about 2-3 days. On our successful IVF cycle, my HPT were all neg. Blood test confirmed, and the HPT were feint a week after AF would have been due. I think it may be a little too early for you to test yet hun. Goodluck

Alex Guest

Smile

Hi Missy,

I'm afraid from my experience the best thing to do is wait for the 2 weeks. I know it is a nightmare and 2 weeks seems like forever, but a home pregnancy test may come up with a positive when it's the hormones playing tricks on you.

I'm waiting for my results on Thursday and have been keeping myself busy, trying not to think about it and taking it easy (as easy as it is possible with a full time stressful job!) I usually go to my personal trainer twice a week, which at the moment I have cancelled for the 2 weeks to give myself the best chance - this is taking it easy for me!

Just think, Tuesday tomorrow, then almost the weekend. Try and take it easy and worry about the results.

Fingers crossed for you.

R A
    (5th IVf cycle)

Alex Guest

Oops! sorry, I meant to say NOT worry about the results.

R A

Hi all

Thanks so much for the info. Im going nuts here waiting but i guess i have to.

Thanks again and i hope you all well.

Regards
    Missy

hey ally

how do you get pic and add to your profile....

Missy

You need to join as a Platinum Member, to get an avatar. I think when i joined, i left a message for a moderator in the main menu, and they let me know what to do from there!

bpn here but im still going....not giving up...

Missy

dolphin22 Guest

Missy im so sorry to hear of your BFN. So glad to hear you are staying positive and looking forward.

Cindy

Sorry to hear about your BFN Missy. :hugs:

I love your positive attitude. Good on you hun.