Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ April 2007

AUZZGAL Guest

Hi Girls,
    Havent dropped in for a while hope you are all doing well come on lets get lots of BFP's this month!!!
    Well im on cd 14 havent 0ed as yet but i think it will be over the weekend???
    Good luck to everyonr ttc this cycle!!
    Thinking of you all
    Kristie

Just a ?, how are you guys knowing if you O on clomid or not? At this stage my OBGYN has just told me to go for a CD21 prog test every cycle until we get a BFP OR the 4mths are up.
    He told me if I take it on CD5-9 then I can be pretty sure of O on CD14. This cycle it would be CD15 because I started CD6-10. (He is anti-OPK, says theyre a waste of time because they can tell you youve Od when you havent and vice cersa).

Is that what you've been told?

i was given similar advice for the OPK's - can't remember why.

i just had the day 21 tests - if it showed positive for o (which it unfortunately didn't) - they'd then do the follow up re hcg later...

Hi Anna,
    I was given a blood test on day 12 then (depending on the results) an ultrasound on day 13/14 (where they counted and measured the follies), then day 21 tests. I o'd everytime on day 14ish and had really good follie counts each time (one time we were even told maybe we shouldn't DTD as we almost had too many).
    I was a Clomid success in every way - except no BFP ! But then we found out that i had loads of endo, so that was our problem.

Wishing you all the best.

Anna - I had the BT's for the first month or two to establish that I had O'd, then they didn't worry after that. I was taking Clomid days 3-7 and at the start I still didn't O until Day 24, then it started getting quicker each month - to either CD 18 or 19. But the main sign for me was I had intense ovulation pain in my right ovary for the first time in my life, so I knew it was working. I was told that OPK's aren't accurate for people with PCOS, but I can't remember the reason why.

Hi ladies. It has been a while since I was back here and I don't really know many people in here anymore. I am still having a break from fertility treatment but due to go back soon to get started again. I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone all the luck in the world. I want to see some PG announcements girls

Also in regards to the OPK thing I am pretty sure that it is not much use having OPKs because with PCOS we have a higher LH level (I think that is right please correct me if I am wrong). Personally because of the PCOS I get a +OPK anytime not really dark but there is always a second line

Have a great day.

Hi Anna,
    My first cycle of 50mg I had two BTs, one on CD21 and one on CD26 and both were very low levels of progesterone so I hadn't O'd.
    My second cycle was 100mg and I asked my FS to have scans to see if anything was growing...so I had a scan on CD14 and nothing happening and then another scan on CD21 and nothing happening.
    My third cycle will be 150mg and if nothing happens then I will move into FSH injections.
    SAM

Have any of you experienced pins and needles in your hands/feet, nausea or backache/cramps taking clomid?

I thought I was doing ok with no symptoms but Im starting to feel sick in the stomach and getting pins/needles + cramps.

Better be doing something in there lol

I don't have PCOS so OPKs work fine for me. Penny, how long is your cycle normally? I would follow the days on the OPK leaflet of when to start testing., I always try to start testing with OPKs about cd11 or 12 and keep going until I get a +ve. I usually O around cd 14 noaturally, but on clomid, it could be cd16 or 17. I do them more because it tells me when I can stop the bd sessions. Sounds awful huh? But when you are ending up just haing sex for the sake of a routine, I'd rather know when we can stop it! And then do it for pleasure!!

I have to go for a blood test in a couple of days. May have some news by the end of the week???????

AUZZGAL Guest

I used OpK's this month i have had a faint line for the last four days but they said on the instructions that if its faint its neg??? so im not sure! I 0ed last month of 50mg of clomid and 1000mg met so he said once we find the right dosage for you we can stay on that for a few months or a bit longer til i fall pg etc if not he reccommends Ovarian drilling but thats a whole other story! So as i 0ed last month even though it was a few days late i assumed i would 0 this month so we have bd every other day so hopefully we caught that eggie.I have to get my blood test tomorrow or Friday he said day 21-22 and i see my ob/gyn on the 2nd May to find out the results.
    Good Luck to all
    Kristie

Hey Ladies!

Kristie...I hope you have caught that eggie...sending you lots of baby dust.

Hayseed....good luck with your BT.

AnnaT...I have had nausea and cramps with Clomid but no pins and needles.

As for me...I finished taking Provera on Monday and am waiting (not so patiently) for AF to show up. So far nothing! Not too sure how long it is meant to take. My FS said "a couple of days". Last time I took Provera it took about 6 days and then I only got very light spotting. So who knows what is going on?

Hope you all have good days!
    SAM

Morning Ladies,

Hayseed - Any news yet?

Sammy - Has AF arrived yet? Here's hoping she arrives soon and you can start on the next round of Clomid.

Kristie - Hope the blood test on the 2nd of May shows that you have ovulated and that you BD'd and caught the egg!

Anna - Hope the side effects have worn off!

Ktgirl - Hi, good luck when you commence treatment again. In the mean time enjoy the break!

As for me, after speaking to my gyno I have decided to give the Clomid one last shot (After all I had already paid for it and had the pills sitting at home)
    Have registered for IVF and have booked in to have all our remaining preliminary tests done on the 15th of June.
    If we decide to go down the IVF path we are our choices are September and December as they are the months they run the clinic at our regional centre.

Hope everyone is well and that those in the 2ww have a pleasant surprise at the end!

Have a nice weekend

ATryingTime - everything bar the nausea and cramps have worn off. Sorry if Im being nosy but where abouts are you in Victoria? I hope the clomid does the trick for you this cycle. Any reason why they arent upping it to 100mg?

Hmm Im still having some weird aches and cramps in my tummy. Mostly in my back and down my sides into my hips. Im assuming its the clomid causing it and probably because Im pretty sure I ovulated yesterday as the cramps were the worst then.

We dtd twice yesterday and I'll attack DH tonight just to be sure soooooooo hopefully we'll be getting great news on May 15th!

Hi Anna,

Glad that the worst of the side effects have worn off.
    I live near Castlemaine in Central Vic, I will be going to Monash's Bendigo clinic if we go down the IVF route.
    Hoping that the cramping is ovulation and that you BD at the right time, catch the egg and get a BFP.
    They are not upping my dosage of Clomid as I was already ovulating without it and have ovulated every month so far, with very high progesterone levels on my day 21 tests.

ATT, if you go down IVF route, will your dr be Nick Lolatgis?? I know he does the regional clinic at Bendigo (normally operates out of Epworth and his own consulting rooms in Clayton). He is my FS.

Hi Hayseed,

Yes,I am fairly certain that Nick would be my doctor if we do IVF. How do you find him?

I just went to the LTTTC and assisted conception thread instead of this one. Couldn't work out why I didn't recognise any of the names!!! Derrrrr....LOL

ATT, Nick is GREAT. I find him fairly straight forward. He is no nonsense and tells you like it is. No bullsh*tting you round, which I find refreshing. And what I love best, is that despite all the women that he sees, every time he speaks to you, you get the impression that he remembers your case intimately. Maybe he does, or maybe he quickly gets a rundown from the receptionist. I dunno. Maybe I've been with him for so long now, he really does know my situation intimately! LOL But he is willing to think outside the square, he is willing to look at other treatments. He also rings you pretty much straight back if you haven't been able to speak to him when you ring. And nothing seems a hassle for him. As you can tell, I think he is wonderful.

Don't know if anyone remembers me, I have been away from this site for many months.

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that after a very early loss at the beginning of March, I am now pregnant. Infact, I have two on board! Stopped taking Clomid a few months ago but it sure seems to have given me a good kick start!

I am moving overseas very shortly (due to my work) and will not be visiting that often. I will try to keep an eye on you all whenever I can and let you know how I am going. So looking forward to these new additions. I am so lucky that my work means that i don't have to be parted from my kids (non-school age come with me every day). I wouldn't do it if I had to be.

Thankyou for all your support over the past 18 months or so. I wouldn't have kept going without it. I wish each and every one of you all the best. And remember, when it seems as if all is lost, something happens to show you that it isn't.

Hugs,
    Debbie

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast