Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ April 2007

Hi Debbie,
    That is awesome news....congrats!! Good luck with the move.

HOw is everyone else doing?

As for me....My FS told me to start Clomid 150mg even though I hadnt got AF and then two days later AF started! so not sure what is going on. I had really bad side effects with this cycle of Clomid...extreme nausea, hot flushes and even crazy lines in my vision. I didn't even take the last day's tablets.

I started acupuncture this week too So hopefully that will help to kick start something too.

Hope everyone is well.
    SAM

I got a BFP two days ago so I'll be moving on to the Jan DD thread.
    Thanks for all the advice and support

Hi Anna,
    That is so awesome! CONGRATS!!!
    Good luck with everything.

As for me...I have an appt with my FS this arvo. So hopefully he will do a scan and see what is going on??

SAM

Morning Ladies,

Hayseed - It sure sounds like Nick is a great FS, although I hope we don't need to get to that stage, it sounds as though we will be in good hands.
    Can you tell me if the offer IUI at Monash? I think I would like to explore this option before a full stim cycle.
    How are things going with you?

Debbie - Congrats on your BFP - It's nice to hear that Clomid can still help after the period of taking it. Good luck with the move and all the best with whatever comes next.

Anna - Congratulations on your BFP! All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Sam - Good luck with your appointment this arvo, I hope that you get some answers to your questions!
    Have you seen him since you got AF half way through your cycle of Clomid?

Well I am CD14 today, have had some EWCM so have been making the most of it IYKWIM
    Hoping that this cycle is the one.
    I am also having hormone monitoring done this cycle, so hopefully that may shed some light. My acupuncturist has also given me some herbs to take, so I am fairly sure I have covered all the bases.
    Hope everyone is well and coping with the stresses of TTC.
    Have a lovely day!

Hey ATT!
    Fingers crossed this is the cycle for yoU!!

Nope I haven't seen the Dr since getting AF half through my Clomid cycle. I am so nervous he is going to tell me that it is a bust because of what happened.
    Mind you, I am not expecting it to have worked anyway because it hasn't before.

SAM

kellrobryan Guest

Default need your help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to ask a question
    i am new to this site so wish you all luck in getting a bfp soon
    well im on clomid and have been now for 3 months the 1st 2 months i did O but my af were around 5 to 7 days late each month
    this month the doc give me again a blood test on day 23 but he said i didnt O this month i am now going onto day 39 tomorrow and stilll no sign of af coming

has anyone ever O 'd late and had a bfp late
    or has anyone ever had bloods taken on day 23 showed you didnt O but then got a bfp later that month

what do you all think on this matter
    do you think i could be preg or is af late as i didnt O this month
    i really need on this matter my mind is going crazy not knowing

Hi Kellrobryan,

You definitely could just be ovulating late. I have heard of a lot of women on Clomid that O late in their cycles.

And you may have ovulated by the time of your BT...but it takes 7 days to show up in a BT that you have ovulated. So maybe another BT??

Have you been charting your temps?

SAM

Hi all long time but just didn't want to jinx myself...But,
    I went and bought the digital OPK with the smiley face and I got it today!!!
    CD14 took 150mg Clomid CD5-9 and lord I'm praying this works this time.
    Last cycle 100mg Clomid did not work 55days later put on provera to make AF come thank god she did. So now I'm in this cycle and praying like crazy it works!
    Do you think I'll O soon? Pray for me!

Sam~I hope you find out some good news and very soon! I'm praying for you!
    Debbie and Anna~Congrats ladies!!! Gives me hope!
    Hayseed~Good luck with you also!
    Goodluck and babydust to everyone!!!!!!~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*!

Will chat later just going to wait to see if we can catch that eggie...wish me luck!
    Love to you all!

Hey Penny!
    That is excellent news about the positive OPK....sending you lots of baby dust.

Update for me....when I saw the Dr the other day and told him about my AF starting after I had started the Clomid he wasn't very optimistic He did a scan anyway and there was a 10mm follicle on my left ovary. He said that it might be growing?? ANd said to give it 3 weeks and if I hadn't got AF to do a HPT and if it was a BFN then I would have a laparoscopy and hysterscopy done and then start injections and IUI.
    I have started acupuncture too so hopefully that will help this little follicle grow so I don't have to have the lap and hyst and then the injections and IUI.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    SAM

AUZZGAL Guest

Hi Girls
    Sorry i havent dropped in for a while!
    I didnt 0 last month (50mg) but i did off the same amount the previous month anyone else had this?

Af decided to show up today cd36 very late for me so im on to round 4 taking 100mg's this time i start the clomid tomorrow cd2-6 again so im hoping for better luck this time.Im moving to we have decided to move into Mums for a while so i can work full time and we can save to buy another house and if we need to go down the IVF path we can and clear some debts etc so it should be ok all our animals are coming too lol poor mum and we can help out with my 6 year old brother so im looking forward to it but im scared we are making the wrong choice too but you have to try to find out anyway

Hope all you girls are doing well
    Any BFP's ive missed???
    Take care
    Kristie

Hey Kristie, I hope the 100mg works for you

How is everyone else doing? We have been quiet in this thread lately!

As for me....Clomid is a bust for me I just booked in to have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on 12th July. Then I will move into injections and IUI.
    I will keep having my acupuncture in the mean time too.

Hope everyone is well.
    SAM

Hey Sammy,

We have been a bit quiet!

Clomid was a bust for us also. We are having our preliminary tests at Monash in June and will then decide the best way forward.

Good luck with your Lap and then the IUI

How are you finding the acupuncture?

I'm sorry to hear about the clomid not working for you. My very best wishes for you on the next leg of your journey ATT

Hey ATT,
    I am enjoying the acupuncture. It is very relaxing. And I really like the lady I go too. I have my fingers crossed that it will kick start something!
    SAM

Default New to this thread

Hi everyone. Took my first clomid tablet today, so it seems a good time to introduce myself. I was about to start on it earlier this year when I discovered I had managed to fall pregnant - unfortunately that one didn't work out. My sister is pregnant after a couple of years of TTC - she was on clomid for a few months and it did the trick, which gives me hope. My FS says i should do IUI next cycle due to DH's lowish sperm count (confusing, because the brochure she gave me said it's not useful in cases of low sperm count).

I've been lurking in the Long Term TTC forums for a bit and I notice people seem to have their cycles monitored when taking Clomid. My FS isn't doing this (except, I guess, when we do IUI). How do you guys know if/when you ovulate? I do temping but I imagine clomid might mess with this a bit.

Here's hoping for very sticky BFPs for all of us.

Welcome, mgm. I'm very sorry to hear about the miscarriage.

When it comes to clomid - your temperature chart will still show when you ovulate, and OPKs will still show when you're about to. Your temperatures may go a little bit crazy while you are on the clomid tablets, but afterwards everything should still work as normal. Good luck with it! Clomid didn't work for me, but I'm using a drug - letrozole - that works in a similar way, my temperatures are much higher overall, and take a bit of time to come down after I finish taking it, but I still get a nice, clear thermal shift. I'm being monitored this time with blood tests, but I'm having a FET cycle with IVF so they need to.

You'll find that IUI is ok when sperm count is a little low, but not when it is severely low.

Once again, welcome and good luck!

BW

Hi mgm,
    Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage

When I was taking Clomid my FS sent me for BT to see if I had ovulated. ANd I also asked to have scans to check if any follicles were growing. So if you wanted to have some scans or a BT or both, you could just ask your Dr.

I really hope that Clomid does the trick for you.

SAM

Afternoon Ladies,

Sammy - Glad to hear that you are enjoying acupuncture, I have been having it for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it.

Hayseed - Thanks for your well wishes - I will keep you posted. How have things been with you, you have been fairly quiet of late, hope you are ok.

MGM - A big welcome, sorry to hear about your loss.
    Unfortunately this board is particularly quiet at the moment, some of us have graduated to the pregnancy forums, and others like Sammy and I have had no success with Clomid and are now seeking alternate routes.
    The only monitoring I had during my cycles on Clomid were day 21 tests, and in hindsight I wish I had requested more monitoring.
    Best of luck with the Clomid, I hope your BFP is right around the corner

Have a nice night

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast