Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ Feb 2006

AUZZGAL Guest

Hi All
    Has anyone had cramping from clomid? im on CD 6 havent had any bleeding for a couple of days (Sorry TMI) but the cramping feels like period pain but not really bad just enough to annoy me! Im a little bit snappy but other then that i feel great!
    well and my backache i had acupuncture on Friday then i felt so good but today its starting to come back i really need it twice a week but its to far to travel and i just dont have enough time to be able to .

Anyone know how long it's supposed to last?

Take Care
    Kristie

i found i had mild cramping with clomid a few days each cycle - couldn't decide whether it was a side effect of the clomid, or whether it was the clomid actually working. wasn't real comfy, but was tolerable

Hi girls,
    I forget to come in here as there are so many of us already in the other thread. Ive been on Metformin for just over 3 weeks now. I have increased my dose only to 1 and half tablets. Still dont know if I will ever make it to 3 tablets a day.
    I had hot flushes which have made me turn on the air con and then ive had a runny nose as Ive got too cold. Bad cycle that one is. Only a few minor tummy upsets. I do feel like im getting ovulation pain as well. In my cycles I normally get this anyway but it changes to how it feels. My feet though are really achey. Like pins and needles in some way. Advice from someone was brillant. went to bed with my heat pack at the end of the bed and i had a decent nices sleep too.
    Our FS is still afew weeks away so will review then about the tablets and if its ok to stay at this dose.

Hope you ladies are going well.

Bollie Guest

Default don't give up

I have pocs and my husband low count. We tried for 2.5 yrs with no luck. We then tried clomid (twice) again nothing. I didn't realise how getting your period could be so heart breaking. We the went to PIVET (WA fert clinic) and start IVF + ICSI. I only produced 2 viable eggs (march 06), but as the nurse said it only takes one. We now have a beautifull baby boy, all the heart ache just melted away. I cry still to this day in relising just how lucky we are to have him. So all I can say is do not give up, have a cry when you need to and lean on your best friend (usually when you are on a ****tail of drugs and complain that about your partner).

Hey Auzzgal, on my first cycle of clomid i had niggly pain for about 2 weeks but it was bearable. Hopefully your pains means that your ovaries are working away to create an egg!!
    Hi Summer, I hope the met works out for you...and those hot flushes go away. I get them when I take Clomid! Yesterday was awful, it was really warm in SYdney and I felt like it was about 40 degrees!
    SAM

Good morning everyone,

Hope that everybody is feeling well today.

Well my first acupuncture appointment went well, I was fairly nervous about it, but the woman was fantastic.
    The bulk of the time was spent on obtaining medical history etc and then the last half hour was treatment. It was very relaxing and did not hurt
    She was keen for me to stop trying to conceive and just have treatments with her for about 3 months or so in order to prime my body for pregnancy and has asked me to think about it before my appointment next week. While I am keen to try anything and the thought of a couple of months off to clear my mind and body are very tempting, I am also aware of how long it took to get to the stage that I am at now and how long you have to wait to get in with gyne's/FS's - Anybody have any suggestions?
    She is also fairly keen to see my husband and treat him as well as his numbers show high percentages of abnormal with poor forward progession.

Auzzgal - I have only recently started yoga - tonight will be only my third class, and I have to agree with sammy - it is a little difficult, but I am enjoying it and I love the quiet time we have at the end. I have also experienced cramping with clomid, however mine tended to be in the last week of my cycle.

Sammy - We just met at a girlfriends and watched 'chick flicks' - Clueless, The Sweetest Thing and then a couple of Buffy episodes.

LtlPanda - Hope you are feeling better and that your trip to Ballarat was great.
    What things did you do? Where did you go?

BG - Glad to hear that you are recovering, you will be back to TTC in no time at all

Summer - I have been getting hot flushes and a slightly runny nose since starting on Clomid .
    Hope that your syptoms ease up. Glad the heat pack helped with the feet.

Bollie - Thanks for the success story and congrats on your baby boy

Look forward to catching up

Hi Girls

Well I went for an US and BT this morning. Even though my hormones were really low, I had 19 follies on my left ovarie and several others on my right. some were pretty big... I am so sore and sad....just have to keep on going. I think IVF is the next step for us.

ATryingTime, its really up to you hun, from my experience I would say to stick to what you are doing now, I also put assisted conception on hold and went through natural and herbal tratment, 2 month and 2,500 dollars later.... nothing. Good luck hun.

sunny_summer, geees babe, if you are already experiencing all these symptoms on 1.5 met how will you cope with 3? take care babe.

Sammy, Auzzgal, hope you girls are coping ok with chlomid. I too had mild cramping on Chlomid, but I think that is beacuse of the formation of the endometrium. Not sure though.

Well girls, I hope everyone is ok and thinking positive...LOve Love.

Hi to all you lovelies in here. Sorry I have't been around much as we still haven't got a replacement computer GRRRR to the insurance company. Anyway I hope you are all doing well. BG I hope the swelling has gone down for you and I really hope things start to look up for you too.

I want to let you all know that I won't be hanging out in this thread anymore because I finally got my much wanted last Friday and had it all confirmed on Monday. I can't believe this has happened in our month off all medication and all treatment.I'm soooo excited and nervous at the same time.Anyway my little bubba is due mid November and I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. This has taken us 21 months to get to this point so girls please hang in there and know that it will happen for you too.

Mako - that's wonderful news!!! Congratulations Hun!!!! i'm so happy for you!!!

Good luck for a H&H pg sweetie (and i really hope the insurance company comes through soon with your new PC so you can stalk the belly buddy threads)

Thanks BG. I have a really good feeling that it will be your turn very soon sweet.
    I want to thank all you girls for your support during this frustrating journey.

you'll have to start a pregnancy journal so i can keep stalking you and see how you're going! good luck mako

as for me - swelling is settling, but still really uncomfy. feel like i've got a full on tooth ache in my front teeth, and it's pushing on my nose and sinuses. driving me slowly mad. i just want for this to be cleared up and finished with so i can move on. still no idea exactly what happened during the surgery, so looking forward to seeing the surgeon tomorrow so that i can find out and move on. want it to be cleared up so i can stop taking pain killers - once that happens, i can move on with the TTC journey, but considering i'm still needing panadeine just to function, i'm not prepared to start again. when we start again, i have no intention of doing anything that might put a pg at risk!

again, a huge congrats Mako - you've given me a reason to smile today!

Hi Ladies,

Mako - Congrats! That is awesome news. The same thing happened to one of my friends, she was trying for about 12 months and then did a few cycles of Clomid and then had a month off and that was the month she got pregnant!!

BG, glad to hear the swelling is starting to go down....I hope it hurries up for you though so you can get back to TTC.

LtlPanda, those follicle sizes sound good.

ATryingTime, I went to a naturpath and tried herbs to get my cycle sorted out and they didn't work Is there any way to have both the Clomid and the herbs??
    By the way....I love Clueless and I totally love Buffy!!

As for me....today is CD9 so my last day of Clomid for this cycle....then fingers crossed! I do think I feel different this time. Last time I had cramping and this time so far I haven't had that. BUt this time I feel queasy and dizzy after I take it and last time I didn't....so I am hoping that means it is working this time.
    I have an ultrasound booked in for Monday 19th and then a BT the following MOnday.

Good Luck to everyone.
    LOVE
    SAM

Mako- You have just made my day. I am so excited for you sweetheart yay for you. What an amazing miracle you have in your life now.

Hi there!

Im a regular on the AC TTC board but I don't take clomid. I have other issues!
    I was just interested to know why do some FS prescribe clomid to women who DO ovulate? my FS would not give it to me as he said that there was no reason too (as I O reg) and it could be detramental to someone like me- but ive heard that there are women who go on clomid as a first course of action before AC even when they O reg.

Isnt this dangerous? I was just curious as i know someone at work who is having probs conceiving(unexplained) and her FS is starting her on this! My SIL also went on it and there was nothing wrong with her either? its just that she M/C and wanted to fall preg quickly again

Does clomid work this way?

Mako darling, best wishes and congratulations. Its no nice to hear that sometimes there is a reward at the end of the road.

Sammy, best wishes with conception, hope you catch that egg, are you taking your temperature. I fount that by taking my temperature i know exactly when I have ovulated and when AF will arive.

Is anyone else charting????? what is your temperature like while taking chlomid. Mine is the most stable it has ever been. Without these drugs my temperature is all over the place, now its always hoverung around 36.4. When I ovulat it goes up to 37.2 and stay up until AF.
    I had my trigger shot yesterday regardles of the number of follies, i think its more to just get rid of them. I should be ovulating tomorrow morning. yay...

Well I hope everyone is doing fine.

Afternoon peoples

Mako - Congrats on your BFP, it's nice to see people graduating

kim.b - I am one of those women who ovulate naturally, but I am now mid way through my second cycle of clomid. I have no idea why my gyno has chosen this as the first course of action. I have had all the previous day 21 tests come back fine, had lap/tubal dye, etc - all fine. My next appointment with the gyno is in a couple of weeks - I may be asking some more questions.

Ltl Panda - I was charting for about 6 months, but haven't done it with temps for about the last 6, I am thinking about starting again though, if I do, I'll let you know.

Sammy - Hope the queasiness/dizziness are all dood signs

BG - Hope your appointment with the surgeon today brings positive results.

Enjoy the afternoon

Hey Ladies,
    Hope you are all well

Kim.b, I have read in some forums of women having "unexplained infertility" and having been given Clomid to try and kick start the FSH hormone. And from memory also ladies with a shorter luteal phase??

LtlPanda, yep I am temping. On my first cycle of Clomid my temp was up and down and all over. So far this cycle it has been around 36.59.
    My friend told me to take my temp vaginally though because it gives a more accurate result but I just can't bring myself to do it and am just taking my temp orally.
    How do you take yours?

BG, how is the swelling going today?

SAM

Hi girls

Ohhh I so cannot lie in bed and take my temperature vaginally, mouth will do.
    well today is day 2 after trigger shot and my ovaries and cervix feel like they have been stratched to the max.... How do they expect you to BD when you feel like you are being split appart. How are you girls going???? hope you are feeling ok.

Ill talk to you girls tomorrow.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast