Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ Feb 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ Feb 2006

This thread is for those members that are Trying To Conceive with the assistance of clomid and/or metformin.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H - [email protected] Admin
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected] Admin

Your old thread can be found here

Last edited by sushee; February 9th, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Mako- So sorry to hear that Af arrived :hugs: I am sure it is very possible that you could fall naturally. I would love to do the same but we have to get me to O first. Honey I am sending you so many feel better vibes. Keep your chin up beautiful girl.

BW- Thats great that your appointment went well. Good luck with this cycle.

HI all.

just got BT results for IUI - and they weren't the results we wanted to get. seems that the puregon isn't on a high enough dose, so my body isn't responding - means that the good thoughts we were having of the IUI being done by early next week have just been blown out of the water big time. have to increase the dose from tonight and have another BT on Monday. it so wasn't what i wanted to hear. burst into tears when i got off the phone - poor DH doesn't know what to do - it's so hard to explain to him why i feel so guilty - i know it's not my fault (technically), but it doesn't help! i still feel so damn guilty when my body doesn't do what it's supposed to! we got hold of "swimming upstream", but he hasn't gotten around to reading it yet.

BG, really sorry to hear about the bad blood test results. Remember that the first time on injections is usually an experiment to see how your body responds, so I imagine that it's not all that unusual for people to get to this stage and have no response. Particularly when they are keeping the dose low to try to only get 1-3 follies. Hopefully the next step up will be all that's needed.

Ugh! I feel really sneezy since my last dose of synarel, and I'm desperately trying not to sneeze for another few minutes so I don't have to have another dose!

BW

Hi there,

Emmydee - fingers crossed that chlomid works for you!

Mako - sorry to hear that af arrived but on a + note I have heard of a few ladies on here that have fallen pg while waiting for treatments to start so you never know!

Bw - happy to hear you are feeling good about the synarel.

Bg - how disheartening for you with your b/t results but Bw did have some good advice about being your first time, did you manage to find anything out about the dentist & ttc?

Well as for me it's exactly 1 week post IUI & it has just dragged so much, I haven't felt so anxious for ages & I guess it's because we actually 'tried' something this time.
    I have still been having these funny feelings in tummy, not cramps but niggly type feeling (hard to explain) lots of cm & then Dh told me last night that my nipples looked bigger (which is a funny thing for him to say) but I am trying so hard not to get excited because the likely outcome will be that I'm probably not pg & I don't want to have a huge dissappointment.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Jo - 27
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    this will be the year!
    Last edited by DJTTC; February 10th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

Well less than a week till my FS appointment. Just wondering if anyone has had any bad side effects with Metformin? Or any really positive things?
    Ive been mananging to stick to the Low GI lifestly (not diet) LOL and havnt felt the need for anything really bad. We do have some modertae GI foods, but not going for the deep fried, fatty greasy stuf...YUKK! Im actually pretty proud of how im going, im feeling better, but at the moment feelign like crud, as this nasty sore throat as hit me, blocked nose & had a dreadful nights sleep.

BW - i guess you're right about the dosage needing to be adusted at the start - i guess it's just really disheartening to have had this big build up to it all, surviving the christmas period in the build up - to have it not work!!!! i'm just struggling big time! i think i've just tried really hard to do the right thing and not let the stress of work get to me, and when this happened, i just fell apart. have taken a day out visiting my grandparents who are both very ill, and i've realised that getting a low test result is nothing compared to what they're going through - and it's helped me get a little more perspective on things. this is the start of a long journey for us, and getting in a tizz over a minor set back is not going to get us anywhere.

Jo - haven't heard anything yet about the dentist - i have appointment with the dental surgeon on tuesday, so will be asking lots of questions. Sez PM'd me a couple of times, and that was really helpful to put my mind at ease. i'll be going through the whole scenario of the TTC with the surgeon, and the whole dental surgery thing with the FS before i make any commitment to having anything done. if things go right with the IUI, that will take priority all the way! i'm sure i can tolerate things being "unfinished" with the dental side of things for a while!

Summer - i hope you're feeling better - your FS appointment is approaching so quickly - it will be here before you know it!

BG Sorry to hear about the blood results. I hope the increased dose does the trick for you. Just try and think of it as a minor set back and not a huge one.
    I think you are right about my DH wanting me to get things in perspective.
    Ktgirl Thankyou for being such a great woman. You are so kind hun and I wish your cycle would sort itself out very soon for you sweety. Take care and it's good to see you pop in every so often even on your break.
    BW I'm pleased your appointment went well for you. Atleast you now know where you are headed hun. Good luck to you for the near future.
    JO I hope this next week goes alot quicker for you. I am praying that a bfp is yours this time round hun. I have everything crossed for you.
    Summer Good luck with your appointment next week. I hope all works out for you.
    AS for me AF seems to be nearly over again. For some strange reason she has only been here for about 2 to 3 days this cycle and very very light and last cycle was the same whereas before she would last between 5 and 7 days. Oh well I think everything's ok with me???? I'm feeling a bit better these days thank goodness although I get cranky at the drop of a hat. Poor DH having to put up with me.

well, results are in, and increased dose of the injections hasn't worked, so i'm back in a holding pattern. FS has stopped all synarel and injections until we can get back to see him next week and work out a new plan of attack. feeling miserable cos i thought things might actually go right for a while, but i guess i was wrong. DH is as upset as i am, so i feel terribly guilty as well - but am trying to look at the positives - vanlentines day and wedding anniversary without enforced abstinance or alarms going off to remind me to do sprays or injections

Mako - i know what you mean about getting cranky really easily - happens to me fairly regularly - and my DH just puts up with it which probably makes it worse - sometimes i don't realise i've done it for ages, then think back and wonder what the hell i was thinking snapping about something so pathetic!

BG I'm sorry that the injections haven't done what they were supposed to yet but hang in there sweet as I'm sure your fs will have an action plan for you when you see him next. Try not to blame yourself as there isn't anything you have done to cause any of this. I hope you have a great 1st wedding anniversay on the weekend.

BW Happy Birthday for yesterday. I do hope you had a fantastic day. I also hope the side effects from the synarel are subsiding for you.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are all ok. I'm trying to keep my posts short as my computer is still playing up and I loose everything most times GRRRRR.
    I'm doing ok. Nothing to report atm.

mako - sorry your PC is misbehaving - it sucks so badly doesn't it!!

i've come to the conclusion in the last 24 hours that the injections not working at this time is actually a kinda ok thing as much as it hurts like hell - i found out yesterday that surgery is a definite for my dental work - and the surgeon is going to push it through so that it won't interfere with later fertility treatment, which is huge - and amazing for one medical branch to be so concerned with making sure they don't interfere with another! My Nan also passed away this morning, so i think with all the stress in my life at the moment, a pregnancy would be much higher risk than normal - and i couldn't go through another loss at the moment

looking forward to this weekend and getting away - we have booked accommodation in luxury resort for sunday night, champagne and choccies, dinner and brekkie vouchers included - just have to find out some details from my folks to see what's happening with Nan's funeral to see if we need to change it to be saturday night away instead of sunday. either way - i think we need to get some time away from here.

Oh BG I'm sorry about your nan hun :hugs:

On another note I hope you really enjoy your weekend away. It sounds absolutely beautiful.

thanks Mako

BG I just wanted to pop in and check up on you hun and see how you are doing?

Hi to everyone esle too. I hope you are all ok.

i'm doing ok today - thanks for asking Mako.

spent some time with family yesterday arvo, and then just spent time doing nothing at all this morning. my folks wanted me to come over tonight for a while, but i'm hot, and still haven't slept anywhere near enough, so think i might call it a night pretty early (well, that's the plan anyway) - things are already getting messy within the family - my dad has three siblings, 2 of whom had nothing much to do with my nan in at least the last 6 or seven years - his sister has already come along demanding items of nan's jemewllery, and telling everyone what they will be doing with nan's funeral (thankfully, nan had a pretty good idea that this would happen, so pre-planned and pre-paid for her funeral - so no one has any say in it!) - spent half an hour last night calming my dad down about the whole thing. he has a bad temper at the best of times, so it was interesting! pretty much told him that the only time he'd have to deal face to face with his siblings (well, the two he hasn't spoken to since i was a baby) is at the funeral - and if he lets them get to him to the point where he fights back, he's only showing a lack of respect himself - and is that what he wants? said everything else in terms of Nan's estate can be settled by solicitors so there won't have to be any dealings at all. (he also had a very painful wisdom tooth out yesterday, so i told him if he misbehaved, i'd have to clip him around the ears, and i'd make sure it was on the side where his tooth come out of!). DH and i went through a messy legal hoo ha when his brother passed away 20 months ago - and i know that when emotions are high, things can get out of control - so it's kinda fallen back on me, my brother and our repsective partners to play "bouncers" through it all. we've basically agreed "this isn't the time or place" will be the standard line to anyone causing issues - followed closely by "have a little respect for your mother" and "grow up". i would normally hang around to be supportive of family after the service, and will for a little while, but i'm really not interested in being thrown into the middle of a catfight, so i'll leave pretty early - i only hope all of the "adults" can play nice for a few hours out of repect for my nan and pop (though i know dad's sister will treat Pop like [email protected] - he's nan's second husband, and even thought they've been married over 22 years, she won't accept him into the family and treats him as an annoyance rather than a member of the family....... she even stopped talking to nan a few years back when they were in a car accident and nan refused to divorce pop - "he was driving, so he's at fault - you have to leave him cos he almost killed you" - sorry, she's a cow and i really dislike her for so many things she's done...)

ok, vent over. time to go wake DH and work out what we're doing for tea (he's been such a sweetie with everything the last few weeks that i sent him and my brother fishing in bro's boat this morning at half four, then sent him off to catch up on sleep when he got home... i wouldn't have coped the last month or three without him supporting me as much as he has, and i guess this was my way of thanking him)

again, thanks for checking up on me Mako - i'm doing ok today - tomorrow - who know's? should find out tomorrow when my surgery is going to be. just one thing after another at the moment... roll on next month - hopefully that's when the good stuff starts! though i'm trying to look at every day as a new beginning, so maybe it's gonna be good stuff sooner...
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; February 15th, 2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: shocking spelling boo boo's

BG Good luck with the surgery hun.
    I bet your dh enjoyed the fishing trip( i know my dh can't get enough fishing in his life lol).
    Family can be so awful at times like these that you are going through. Hang in there sweet and all the best with you all playing the role of bouncer. Atleast your nan had everything organised for herself. I think the pre paid option is definately the way to go about things that way you get what you want and nobody can do a thing about it. Once again good luck with everything and make sure you take care of yourself ok xx

erinmaree Guest

Hi Ladies,

I've been a member of bellybelly for a little while but haven't been around the forums for ages. I thought I'd pop my head in here and introduce myself as we're trying for that BFP with assistance. I've been diagnosed with PCOS after 12-18months of irregluar cycles, weight gain and many tests. We started on Provera & Clomid earlier this month so we'll see what happens from here I guess!

Good luck with the clomid, erinmaree.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately as a stack of us have recently moved on from clomid to a higher level of assistance (IUI, IVF, etc), but hopefully your post will wake people up a bit and you'll have some people to talk to again.

BW

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast