Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ January 2006

I am feeling so much better today!

I remember this time last year I was terrified that DH would change his mind over the TTC thing, I've just been going through a stage of being terrified he'll change his mind over the IVF thing. But we spent last night talking about what to do with any left over embryos we may get... he seems pretty sure about the whole process! I think we've hit the point where we can't really decide what to do with the embryos until we actually have some and have finished our family, although I guess it can't hurt to be talking about it and thinking about it at this stage. I weighed myself yesterday, and this diet and increased metformin thing *is* working! In the last week and a half I've lost 2kg already. I'm now at the lowest weight I've ever been since we started TTC. DH said he can see it now, and I'm starting to notice that my face is looking less puffy and bloated. I think DH may be convinced to join me with the diet - we had dinner out last night, and he was looking mighty envious at my bowl of grilled chicken and a mountain of salad! I've actually pretty much got used to it,too - I'm starting to enjoy the change in food and physically have a little more energy. I'm probably also feeling the best I have in terms of my health for about the last 6 or 7 years - so I'm beginning to see the advantages of the lifestyle change, not only in terms of getting my insulin under control to be able to TTC, but also in terms of my long-term health as well. It's great! I've picked myself up way out of the slump, and I'm positively bouncy and happy today! :biggrin:

Mako, I'm glad you are feeling positive about the IUI again. I think it's important to go into each treatment with a positive state of mind. Don't focus on the people for whom it hasn't worked... even though I've heard of people where IUI hasn't worked and they've ended up doing IVF anyway, I've also heard of people where IUI has worked first go.

BG, I hope you can find some ways to reduce that stress! Stress and TTC are a bad combination Learned that one the hard way.

Twomums, another good luck with the IUI here! It sounds like you are in a much better position with this cycle than you have been in others, lets hope it's a good sign.

I hope you can all find a sprinkling of the happy-dust that someone seems to have dropped on me this morning!

BW

Default Here to say goodbye

Hi to all,

Just dropping a note to let you know that i won't be around much anymore.:frown:

I have given this lots of long thought and have decided to end the ttc journey for me. I am a very spiritual planner and firmly believe that even with all the help i have had that this is not meant to be!The thing is that now i am ready to accept this. So no more opk's or temping or clomid or mucking around. It is actually a relief.

So i have booked for us to go to queensland for the school holidays in September and I'm buying a new car. And at least i can say now with 100% confidence that i will be able to provide my kids with private secondary school as well as their other hobbies,tutors,braces and whatever else may come our way.

I also don't want to risk the pnd again;tempting fate. Already had it twice.Imagine if it was physcosis next time. So i will be around the parenting and recipe forums but not in the ttc threads anymore.
    I dearly want to thankyou all for you endearing support and concern and wish every single one of you a very happy and healthy pregnancy coming your way very soon. I am so very greatful for the incredible children that i have , it would be very selfish and reckless of me to jeopardize that.
    So love to all
    I will keep an eye on you all
    Pauline

Pollyanna, this must have been a massive decision for you and dh. I want to say a big thankyou for your support that you've given me. I wish you the absolute very best for the future. Enjoy your holiday and your new car sweet and take good care of yourself

BW I'm pleased to see that you are much happier today and I have to say CONGRATULATIONS to you on the wieght loss, well done sweety.

Pollyanna,
    It has been a pleasure to know you and I wish you and your family all the best for the future. You are a wonderful lady.
    Hugs as always,
    Debbie

Pollyanna, I wish you all the very best with your decision. I hope you are at peace with it.

I'll see you around the other threads I'm sure.

Thank you for being such a great lap buddy

Debbie - have missed you around lately. Hope all is going well.

emmydee Guest

Hello! Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

I haven't posted in awhile, so I'm not sure what's going on with everybody. Trying to catch up on all the past posts...

As for me, I've been taking a short break from the TTC process. I've been off clomid for the past month, hoping that I'd ovulate on my own, but no luck so far. :frown: Next step, another round of clomid, and IUI. Mako -- looks like I'll be trying IUI around the same time you will be. Have you done it before?

BW, congrats on your weight loss!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry for no more personals. Feels like I've been out of the loop for so long now, I'm not sure what's been going on...

EmmyDee - welcome back

Pollyanna - hun, you sound like you've gone through a massive thought process in the decision you've made. Good luck with everything - i'm sure we'll all meet you in the other threads (and hopefully for those of us still TTC it won't be too long a wait til we graduate!)

Bw - sounds like you and DH are pretty much on the same page - i know it may feel early to be discussing things like what to do with frozen embies - but i'll be honest and admit DH and i have, albeit briefly, discussed the same - we were talking about the side effects of the injections and wondering whether FS would swap to IVF EPU if I/we end up with too many follies this cycle for IUI (guess i'm trying to stay positive - would hate to have to cancel for too many after not having any for so long!) - i mentioned to DH about freezing embies and things, and we talked then about what we'd do if there were any remaining after we have our "ideal" family - it's still very up in the air though!

to everyone else - hope you're all having a great weekend. Mine so far has been nice and relaxing - DH and i slept in til almost 11 (except for the brief wake up to use nasal spray - on the up side, laying back down after taking it, it ran down the back of my throat so barely any taste - yay!) - have been kicking back the rest of the day - bought a PS2 last night - and DH (my very own techno-phobe) who swore last night he'd not be interested, has spent half the day trying to work out how to play - it's very cute - he's more passionate about it than any kid i've ever seen (i'm almost thinking it was a bad buy - i'll never get to use the plasma in the lounge again!)

BG, I don't think it's something we can ever really decide on for sure until we actually have embryos on ice and we are finished our family. I certainly couldn't just throw them away, or donate them to research - I would want them to have a chance at life! Whether that means we keep transferring until there are none left, and potentially end up with a much bigger family than planned, or donate them to some other infertile couple, I just don't know. I'd like to think that I could possibly share our gift with others, but I worry that with my health issues they wouldn't be wanted anyway... and then there would always be the question of just how many of our biological children are out there, and how likely is it that one of our children would meet up with one! Yes, good to talk about the options, but I don't think a decision could be completely made unless you are actually in that situation.

emydee, welcome back!

BW

Welcome back emmydee. I haven't done IUI before so I have mixed feelings about the whole process. It sure would be great if we could be IUI buddies though. When are you thinking of starting?
    Hi to all you lovely ladies.No time for personals atm but will pop in again tomorrow sorry.

i completely agree BW - we spoke about it in general terms, but til we're in that situation, we can't know what we'd decide (i'm kinda hoping the IUI takes in the first couple of cycles so that we're not faced with that decision anyway - but gotta be open to the possibility!)

Hi mako - when are you starting your IUI? i'm day 4 of the synarel spray now on first IUI cycle...

to everyone else - hope you had a great weekend - will catch up for more personals later in the week

Hi Brigsy's Girl, I'm thinking of taking the request forms in when and if af arrives next and paying the registration fee then. I'm so hoping that we won't need to go ahead with the IUI and we will end up with a bfp this cycle. I'm trying to think those possitive thoughts iykwim.I'm on cd 19 today so have to wait another 16 days or so before af due( I normally have a 35 day cycle) so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
    When do you start your b/t's?

hi mako

started nasal spray on thursday last week, have a blood test on the 31st, and should be startinginjections - all going to plan - on the 1st of next month. i'm looking at it as "new month, new chance" and hoping like crazy it all goes ok.

hopefully we both get BFP's in the next month - if not, we may end up being IUI buddies!

Hi ladies.

Just wanted to pop in to say hi and to see how everyone is going. I have been MIA for quite a while and will remain that way for the time being. I am trying to take a break from all things TTC and I am sure you lovlies will understand that.

Mako- Thanks for asking after me beautiful girl. I can't wait to see you post your BFP and I pray that this will happen so soon for you. You are an amazing woman and I hope you can keep up the strength to continue with this journey. Thinking about you...

BW- Good luck with your up and coming FS appointment. I hope all works out for you and you see those magic 2 lines very soon. Hang in there I know you will come out the other end even stronger than what you are already.

I don't really know that many people in here these days but to all I have missed I wish you all the best of luck getting the BFP that we are all dreaming of.

Brigsy's Girl I hope all goes well for you this cycle and you and I end up with our much wanted BFP's, if not I'll sure be happy to be IUI buddies with you too. I'm going to have my progesterone b/t this Thursday.

Ktgirl, you are such a beatiful woman. I wish you all the good things in life hun. I can certainly understand you wanting to take a break from everthing.That's only natural sweety and know that I'm thinking of you.

BW How are you doin hun? I hope you are ok.

Twomums How are you going after your IUI last week? I hope you are well.

Willow How's everything going with you hun? Are you still having injections?

Hi to Emmydee, Angel Babies3 and anyone else I've missed. I do hope everyone is well.
    Is anyone up for testing soon?

I'm doing ok, Mako, thanks for asking.

I'm starting to feel a little out of place in the TTC threads, but that's just because I've been put into this holding pattern at the moment.

I'm still doing ok with the diet, weight is headed down, I'm feeling great, and really positive about the IVF to come... and best of all - my DH's official job offer arrived today, so everything is falling into place this year!

For all I'm a bit quieter than normal at times, I am keeping up to date with how everyone's going.

BW

BW - that's great news about DH's official job offer! No matter how much you get excited about a verbal offer, that piece of paper just makes it seem so much more real. i understand how you feel about the holding pattern - but you do fit in with teh TTC threads - i'm sure there's no one here that hasn't had to put things on hold temporarily at least once (i know i certainly have) - it's frustrating, but at least you know there's a reason for it

Mako - good luck with the tests on Thursday

To everyone else - hope you're having a good day. Mine has been a little interesting - managed to somehow get a wasp in my shoe as i was walking yesterday, so got it's stinger stuck right in my heel - thankfully, i'm not allergic, but it was a realy big ouch! Decided a few weeks back that, after 12 and 18 months respectively of losing our little angels, i wanted to do something as a permanent reminder of them - took a lot of thinking, but decided to get a tattoo symbolic of them - got a moon and heart today (really hard to describe as it's not a typically "sweet" tattoo - that just wouldn't be me - but it has meaning for me) - and when it was done, DH looked and said he liked it and is now talking about getting the same one himself. it's taken ages for me to get to the point where i could do this without crying every time i see it - but it feels awesome to have finally paid tribute to our angels properly -and as an aside - the tattoo hurts less than the wasp sting!!

BG - what a strange coincidence. I've been planning a tattoo for my angel for months now and feel like I'm finally ready to get it done. I am just waiting for the outcome of this first IVF cycle and if we have no good news, I will be getting it while we are on a break between cycles.

The main thing that has held me back from getting it for this long is because I want it on the inside of my left wrist - so it's something I really need to be sure about before I do it. Where abouts did you get yours? It sounds awesome, I'd love to see a pic of it.

OUCH on the wasp sting though! That is wrong! LOL!

Mako - I'm doing OK at the moment, taking it one day at a time. big day tomorrow, another bt and my first follie scan. Soooooo nervous about that. Yep, still doing the injections, I think they'll decide tomorrow how much longer I do them.

Please keep your fingers crossed for LOTS of bit fat follies growing in there!
    Last edited by Willow; January 23rd, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

got mine on my left shoulder - i thought about having it on my arms - but when i thought about it a bit, i decided that, if something else happens to go wrong, and i can see the tat every day, it will really get me down. i also got a tattoo of two roses on my right shoulder after we got married as we gave each other a rose during the ceremony - and today we added a butterfly to those as a sign of hope. i got a japenese "strength" on my ankle - its the only one i can see, and it's the one that motivates me to keep going. if you PM me your email addy, i'll get DH to take a pic later and email i'll it to you.

good luck for BT and follie scan tomorrow - your results have been getting better, so lets hope theres a big fat follie or three, ripe and ready to become a little bubba for you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast