Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ January 2006

I forgot to ask something.
    Does anyone know when our Dh's are giving their sample of swimmers do they have videos, mags etc.
    Dh is a little nervous.
    Thanks!

Jo, I hope your doctor is right too! Mind didn't say it would make it impossible, just that it would make it harder. I've got so many other factors against me, that I'm doing every little thing I can to help.

Don't know about the sample thing, I'm afraid - my DH has always done his at home.

BW

emmydee Guest

BW -- what are cortisol levels? I never heard that before. Btw, I laughed out loud when you said that your FS pegged you as a stressed out control freak -- mine did the same thing with me!!!

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY
    Brigsy's Girl How's the foot today sweet? I hope the swelling is going down. How sweet is your dh on taking you out for dinner. I have to almost force mine out at times and he very rarely suggests going.

DJ Good luck to you with your IUI and to your hubby on producing his sample. I have heard that the clinics have a special room set up with videos and magazines etc. My dh has done his at home as we only live about 10-15 minutes away from clinic

Emmydee how are you doin hun? I hope you are well.

BW It sounds like you have great drs working with you. I had to change all of my meds that I was on for my back injury when we started ttc. It was a lot of trial and error getting doses right ect :eek:

As for me I had my b/t yesterday so I'll get results next week. I'm kind of expecting af to arrive next week or so as I'm feeling quite moody and have a nigling feeling in my tummy. I guess time will tell. I won't be in here for a couple of days as I'm doing my austswim course tomorrow and sunday and also have my brother and his family coming to visit for a few days. I hope you all have a great weekend

I think my body is seriously demented and is going out of its way to make life more difficult for me.

I thought the joint pains I was having were related to weather, it's been really humid here and that sometimes makes my arthritis get a bit uncomfortable, but this has been fairly extreme.

I thought the abdominal pain and cramping sensation was related to overdoing it with some pilates work the other day.

Nope... the light bleeding I was having last week has become much heavier last night/today. It appears that now that I'm taking a drug which is supposed to be telling my body not to have a period, it's decided to do so! Months on end of waiting for it to happen when it should, and it suddenly decides to happen when it shouldn't. :frown:

I'm sitting here wrapped around a heat pack trying to get the cramps and joint pains to subside. I think the joint pains are the worst of it. I sort of think I should maybe call the clinic again, but I'll probably get told off, and there's not a lot they could do anyway. I guess I just wait it out and complain and grumble to the FS when we get back there.

BW

BW - i really feel for you! isn't it always the way - everything seems to go back to front? you wait months for AF and she doesn't come visiting - you gon on the pill, and she shows her ugly face! On the upside, i guess it shows that your hormones are trying to sort themselves out a little! Hope the heat pack is making you a little more comfy though.

Mako - good luck with the course this weekend! and i hope your DH decides to be nice enough to take you out for dinner at some point - maybe as a reward on sunday night - you're probably going to be tired by the end of the weekend! we didn't end up going out last night - DH came home and found me sittin on the couch with my foot up in my jim jams - decided to cook bbq dinner last night so that i wouldn't have to worry about getting changed or hobbling around too much - which was equally as sweet anyway! he's pretty good like that - we go out for dinner at least once a fortnight (just to the local pub, but anything is better than nothing!) and he helps with everything around home (we share the cooking, he does ALL of the dishes - his choice - helps with the washing and everything - he is very domesticated!!)

Jo - i'm definitely liking your doctors statement that stress doesn't hurt - yay - there's hope for us yet!!

emmydee - i'll see what i can find on cortisols - i know that they're higher in your system when you're stressed - i think (and BW, correct me if i'm wrong - uni was a long time ago!) that they're a kind of naturally produced steroid - but i'll have a squiz and see what else i can find later today.

As for me - DH let me lie in til almost lunch time today (bliss!) - with everything that's happened with the wasp sting and everything i haven't really slept all that well this week, so he snuggled up to me all morning - yay. i think he knows i'm having a bad day today anyway - australia day is my grandad's birthday and his anniversary is only a few days later - i'm usually a bit of a wreck at the end of january. had a bit of a breakdown last night about everything, so i think DH was wanting to make sure i'm OK - he's so sweet!

BG, I think that's (the cortisol thing) about right! I knew there was something I was supposed to be looking up, but I forgot. The heat pack is helping... but I feel kinda stupid sitting in a room with the aircon on wrapped around a heat pack. I think I'd need about 5 to get all the bits that want it - I get the *worst* joint pains with AF! - but I'm managing. DH is out doing the audio for a big Australia Day concert in a park, and while it sucks that I've got nobody to look after me, it's good in a way as I'm free to sloth about in my pjs. I just wish I could indulge in the chocolate and usual AF-induced carb-loading!

BW

i did the sloth thing yesterday - but thankfully it was only my foot that was playing up - not my whole body - i can sypathise with the artriis thing - i have a form of inflammatory arthritis that flares up whenever my immune system goes on the fritz! it was at it's absolute worst when i got glandular fever a few years back, and hung around for months - thankfully, it's been pretty minor since then. the joints in my leg have been playing up this week cos of the wasp sting and the infection in my foot - but one leg is so much easier to deal with than the whole body.

enjoy your day in you jim jams - we're all entitled to those now and then!

Hi
    BG How's your foot now? Is the infection better? How's everything going for the IUI? You must be getting close for insemination????

BW how's everything going with you sweet? Not too long to go before your next appointment.

Emmydee How are you going hun? I hope you are doin ok.

As for me I had a very busy weekend with my course and visitors. Was nice to spend some time with my brother and his family.
    Not much happening with me. I'm on cd25 so have about 7 to 10 more days before af or testing.

I'm doing ok-ish. I was close to being hospitalised over the weekend because the bleeding I was having got pretty extreme, but I chased around contacting doctors and eventually got hold of a drug to help it subside. I'm now feeling kinda weak and faint, but was able to get to work today (first day, no kids) ok, but I'm very drained and exhausted now, so I'm giving myself a break from the FS-prescribed exercise. There's been some changes made at work that are ultimately better for me, but I'm majorly peeved about the school's reason for the changes, but I will manage. Focusing on the fact that the changes are good for me, and I can have less stress and pressure and focus on getting pregnant and getting out of there ASAP!

Good luck for when testing day rolls around, mako.

BW

Hi Mako - looks like infection has gone - thankfully! i can actually walk properly again!! yay!!! our IUI date isn't for a couple of weeks - am still just on synarel at the moment - visit the FS on Thursday - only a couple of days left til we go on the injections - starting to get a little nervous, but i'll get over it (well, i sure hope i do - poor DH has had to deal with a few mini meltdowns lately. he's taking it all pretty well though - decided yesterday - the anniversary of the day we met - that he was gonna get us two new fur babies to add to the managerie - two cute little kittens that get to come home next week - now all we have to do is come up with names for them!)

awww! two kitties! I'm so jealous! I'd love to have a pet of some sort of pet, but I'm so allergic it wouldn't be worth it. I do collect lots and lots and lots of stuffed toys, though - mainly bears! A friend and I are addicted to build a bear workshop - we go every time we're feeling weighed down by troubles and always come out with a bear or three... each! Anyway, the point of all this babble is that I've started naming them after whatever it is that is bugging me... hence, the cow that came home when I was majorly upset about clomid is called Chloe... Chloe the clomid cow... I think the next critter will get called Ivy. Perhaps you could run with that sort of idea for naming the kittens?

BW

i don't think i'd have enough pets for all the things bothering me at the moment !! - could always do that with my clown collection - DH usually adds to my clown collection when i'm having a bad time! we're both dixie chicks fans, so we're thinking of naming the female Dixie - either that, or, cos DH's dogs are named after alcohol (jack, bundy, whisky) maybe Bailey. i'm definitely leaning toward Dixie - alcohol just isn't my thing! the male kitten is harder to name - he's black and white, with a gorgeous black goatie. the friends who have him now keep calling him goatie boy - so i want to come up with something that will be a lot sweeter than that! i want our little fur babies to have nice names - we're already decided on baby names when that finally happens for us - the decision was easy on those - but i'm really struglling for pet names!

emmydee Guest

Mako -- Hey there! How are you doing? When is your testing date? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

BW -- sorry to hear about the bleeding. Is it all okay now?

BG -- congrats on your two new fur babbies! have you decided on the names yet? I like Dixie.

As for me, today, I went to my doctor. He did an ultrasound, and, as I expected, there was no movement. I'm not ovulating on my own. :frown: He said I have some sort of ovulation disorder. It's not PCOS, but something similar. Yay. So he gave me a prescription for clomid 50 mg. I'm starting it next week. I have a feeling I won't respond to the 50 mg, but we'll see. Then we'll be doing our first IUI.

HI EmmyDee

so sorry to hear your body is misbehaving - at least you're starting the clomid soon, so it's a step in the right direction!

i'm just hanging out for thursday and my next FS appointment so i can start the injections - i hate being inactive in this whole thing!

As for my furbabies - no, haven't decided on names for sure yet. i really like Dixie as well, but we're still undecided - she is so cute - she's mostly black, with a white belly and a few caramel colored spots - has a black face with a caramel stripe between her eyes... as for her brother - we have no idea. DH hasn't met them yet, so i think we'll decide for sure once he meets them and we work out their personalities. she is nice and quiet - he was sleepy when i was there the other day, but apparently he has a very playful personality! they come home probably at the end of next weeks (they're only about a month old at the moment)

I'm doing much better now, emmydee!

It's a huge relief to be back at light period bleeding rather than the super tampon plus a pad and pray you don't leak everywhere bleeding I was having! Still get pretty tired, but I am a lot better.

BG, those kittens sound so cute!

BW

they are cute BW - just hoping they aty that way and don't become little terrors when we bring them home!! going to be fun introducing them to the doggie fur babies...

Hi ladies,

Sorry don't have anytime for personals but hope everyone is doing better eg, BW & Briggys girl.

I started my b/t yesterday which was quite high (wonder if that's the chlomid) same again today & will be checking again tomorrow.
    As soon as we get that next big rise it will be time for the IUI.

Getting a little excited but also a little nervous, I think it's just the unknown factor.

Told my workplace today what was going on & that I may need some days off but they were really good & said they would support me with whatever I had to do which was a huge relief.

So anyway I will let you know when we are going in for IUI as I expect a few of you will want to know how it goes seeing as you are about to do the same.
    Jo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast