Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ December 06 #2

BW - I'm sitting here wondering which Little Miss book you got - tell! Now that school is over you can forget about them and concentrate on yourself. You deserve it

Flowerchild - I freaked out when I read that you got a positive OPK - for some reason my brain transmitted that you got a positive HPT and I nearly wet myself I was so excited. I'm still excited for you, I guess I am easily excitable at the moment. Hope you don't have time to read this because you are too busy BDing!!!

Willow - I'm so sorry that you are struggling at the moment. You don't deserve it, none of us do. I think you should be a little reckless and BD to your hearts content at Christmas, sneak around like you are young and careless! Enjoy yourself, who cares if you are with your parents (aka babysitters!). What have you got to lose, especially as you don't think the clomid will make any difference?

I'm not really posting much at the moment as I have no idea where I am at. I have my appt on Friday with the ob/gyn to follow up and hopefully we can plan where to from here.

Hello to all the other lovely ladies out there! Hope all your christmas wishes come true.

emmydee Guest

Hello everyone!

Willow, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully, the little baby will be okay.

As for me, I'm 15 dpo today. My temp dropped yesterday at 14dpo (no not implantaion b/c way too late for that), but went up a little today, but I think it's only because I got up to go to the bathroom about 1 hour before waking -- so that probably accounts for today's higher temp. AF is playing hide and seek with me. Plus, I'm just beginning to get PMS crampy feelings, so I think it'll come tomorrow.

My best friend who got pregnant without even trying just emailed me, and I started crying after reading her message. I mean, I understand, that she must be totally self-absorbed right now, but she's actually like that most of the time. Usually, I don't mind it, but in these circumstances, I wish she could remember to be more sensitive/ caring about my situation. My other newly preggo friend was, and I was able to be 100% happy for her, she is involved in my situation, and I enjoy talkign to her regularly...

Sorry to complain...

How are all you other girls???

It's a comfort to know the injectables aren't a big deal. I think I may move on to those next year, so I have my fingers crossed for that...

Boo Hoo, not this morning...staying positive though (in an attempt to get one)

Have a nice day everyone!

ok, Belinda, I'll 'fess up! I got little miss contrary - all in a muddle. :eek: The teacher who always gets his classes to take out the recycling for us got little miss neat. The teacher that left got little miss scatterbrain sets off for the sun. The two pranksters in the department got mr mischief and mr funny upsets mr fussy (who could quite easily have been one of our other teachers!) and the last one that drove us all nuts and wouldn't accept anything we said got little miss stubborn. He did really well - they were all so fitting!

Emmydee, I really do hope that this isn't AF playing games and that you'll be getting a BFP shortly.

BeiBei, I hope you have fun at your party - I personally hate costume parties with an absolute passion and avoid them! Hopefully all these injections will do the trick for you. It's very comforting to hear that they aren't all that bad!

:eek: The appointment is TOMORROW!!!!!!

BW

Willow - big big :hugs:. I agree - you take advantage of those baby sitters...
    I am thinking of your friend and you and how that all feels. When these things happen for someone we love it just brings it all up again... As well as the pain you feel for your friend the pain for your baby comes bubbling up again...

Belinda - PLEASE don't wet yourself!!!!! I hope it was a sign Belinda and that one day soon I will be posting of a BFP of the HPT kind! Thankyou for your thoughts. I look forward to hearing how Friday goes for you...

Smudge - I am sorry that that stick this morning didn't tell us celebratory news. However, it's not over yet... I am still here thinking *positive* thoughts for you my sweet woman...

Emmydee- I am sorry about the email... I think we all have one or two of those types of friends in our lives and they can make it really hard. Try to focus on the friends that support you and make you smile... Big hugs...

MISS CONTRARY- Aka Butterfly!!!! Cute idea - I got a pen (a nice one with my name engraved on it) - because I am always losing my pens and lifting someone elses! I am an absolute shocker!!!! I can tell by your posts that you are feeling more relaxed with the year drawing to an end. AND there's the appointment....!!!!!!

Monnie - I am thinking of you today with your appointment. Remember we will all *be* there in spirit... It is today isn't it???

KTGirl - Thinking of you...

Thankyou all again for sending me all the good thoughts for this month... I so very much appreciate you love and support...
    I am off to tie up a few last minute things with the uni and then I am all over red rover for the year!!! I have to sew an eel costume for Finn for his school play tomorrow... Any ideas????

Have a gorgeous day!

An eel costume?! :eek: Afraid I haven't got a clue... but my mind is certainly boggling! It's so nice to reach the end of the year, and Deb, I really do hope that this year ends with much brighter news for you.

It's so nice to know that the year is effectively over for me - bar the Christmas shopping! Which I really must venture out and get started on today! Dreading it - but at least my knee is feeling a bit better today!

One interesting thing that I forgot to mention from last night... DH wanted me to wait until after his operation (he was a little narked by me referring to it as "when he's been fixed", but I can hardly blame him now that I think about it!) before doing any clomid or anything else... but I've talked him around... We'll mess about with the clomid and see if we can find the dose that makes me ovulate, and then we'll stop, take a break and resume the clomid a couple of months after his surgery. This way, if the clomid does turn out to be a total bust, then we won't have wasted months and months and months figuring it all out after his surgery. The rough plan has altered slightly... if we need IVF and ICSI we'll stick with NGF. If DH gets all sorted out, but we still need IVF for my issues, we'll switch to WFC - it halves the cost of IVF for us, but it would still cost more for us to go there if we need ICSI - which doesn't make a lot of sense, really!

Another thought occurred to me in relation to the immunology, too... I've heard of IVF docs pulling patients off the drug that is used to treat my arthritis (salazopyrin)... without it I'd be very quickly in a state where I couldn't walk or move, and I'm sure that the IVF docs won't want me on the ovulation-suppressing NSAIDS (and I'm really not sure I could get a dose high enough to deal with the pain and inflammation that would result), so that leads to me being on prednisone anyway... I'm not feeling quite so freaked out about those issues now - it seems to have helped a lot to have spoken about my fears with my DH. Although, I did drive him slightly batty yesterday with "the plan".

I'm babbling! Just look at what happens to my brain when I relax enough to be able to think clearly!

BW

Good morning ladies,

This is a very self absorbed post today, sorry. I had my appointment with FS yesterday and he has put me on Provera followed by Clomid. He gave me a whole heap of info and its still a little over whelming but i guess im glad that things are actually happening now as before i was just waiting around to see what my body did on its own. Now i guess im just not sure what to expect. What have you ladies heard to be the most common number of cycles for woman to fall pregnant on clomid? Has it happened often on first cycle?

emmydee Guest

Hi WalkingArt,

That's exciting about starting a new cycle. What I heard about clomid, is that if it works (and there's a pretty good chance it will if only problem is ovulation), it'll work in the first 6 cycles, with most of the pregnancies happening in first 3 cycles. My doctor quoted me a success rate of 25% per cycle. I think that goes up a little too, if you produce more than one follicle. I also heard that clomid may cause bad side effects -- like thinning of the lining -- and these problems may become worse longer that you take it.

I'm on my 3rd cycle, and my doctor says that clomid thins my lining. So I'm thinking of taking a break after this, waiting for all the side effects to go away completely, and then maybe start again. My doctor will let me do 6 cycles total...

Good luck!!! How many mgs are you taking??? Is this your very first time on Clomid???

Hi emmydee,

Yes its my first ever cycle. All brand new to me. What side effects have you experienced? Dr ran through a few with me and i know everyone is different but just curious. He has put me on 50mgs daily. i really hope this works for us.

emmydee Guest

Hi WalkingArt,

I took 50 mg first cycle. no side effects, but no O. Next cycle, I took 100 mg. O, clomid made me feel *good*, but episodes of blurry vision. Next cycle, 100 mg, O again, but more blurry vision. The cycle after that (this one), 50 mg, I O'd!!! no side effects...

I think most people have very little symptoms. I think it's a great medicine. I hadn't O'd for months, and months before clomid...

Are you getting monitored by your doctor this cycle?

Hi walkingart. Good luck with the Provera and Clomid. I had to do the Provera thing before I started taking Clomid too as my longest cycle was 81 days but I only got a bleed because of the Provera. I think it really depends on you as far as what side effects you get with Clomid. I was fortunate enough to not really get any side effects but others can get them. My OBY/GYN left me on the Clomid for 6 months only. It was able to get me to ovulate but unfortunately not PG but there are other people like Monnie who fall on their first round of Clomid. I hope you are one of these people. I am now onto FSH injections so there is always something else that they can do. I know it is a lot of info to take in but come in and ask any questions you have to us girls in here as we are all doing the same thing and might be able to help you out. Good luck.

Smudge – So sorry it was BFN this morning but it may just be a little early. Hang in there beautiful.

Deb- Hope you are getting busy with it girl!!!

Mako- Hope you are ok sweetie haven’t seen you in a few days.

BW- Hope you are enjoing your first day of holidays.

Emmydee- Sorry it was a BFN. But remember it is not over until the witch arrives.

Hi to everyone I have missed.

WalkingArt,
    I conceived last time on my first round of clomid. Common symptoms are hot flushes/feeling hot, night sweats, moodiness, dizziness, blurred vision. These are usually mild. I was on 50mgs when I conceived last time and this month I am on 100mgs - I had virtually no symptoms this month at all - a little dizzy at times... Drugs affect different women differently so bear that in mind... OHS - ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is a rare side affect. There of course is a higher risk of a multiple birth - usually twins, however the risk is only increased by about 10 percent.
    As Emmydee said the higher estrogenic affect of clomid can thin the endometrium in some women. A lining above 10mm is needed to feel confident that a pregnancy can successfully implant/be maintained. This is why many obs will do an u/s after your first or second cycle just to check that that isn't happening for you. The older you are the more likely that this will be a side affect. (I am 39 and my lining is great this month). For this reason too many obs will do 3 months have a rest month and go for another 3 months. As someone else said the majority of pregnancy's on clomid will occur within 3 months and usually it is used for 6 months and then reasessed.

I hope it works for you quickly and effectively and that the new year sees you holding your baby safely in your arms.

Deb - it is amazing how eloquent you are about the drugs when you are not referring to yourself!!!!! The ability to switch hats is one of the things I find so amusing about our profession. We just can't translate that same information when it relates to us.

I'll BBL - have to finish the Christmas shopping!!!

Wow...an eel costume!!! That sounds like a challenge!!!

Flowerchild...my appointment is next week...thanks for thinking of me...you amaze me how thoughtful and compassionate you are with such an amazingly busy life around you.

Hope all you guys are doing well...wishing you all the very best with the new cycles...

Ktgirl, Mako, Beibei, BW, Willow, 3 Angel babies, FC, WalkingArt, Emmydee, Belinda, Smudge...hugs and wishes to you all...

Thank you thank you thank you ladies for ALL the info. It sounds so much better coming from outside a dr's room. Dont get me wrong, my FS is so so nice but sometimes your mind is just racing at 100 miles an hour when he is talking and you kind of freak out. I will definately be in here and asking many questions.

I have been given 5 repeats as he told me to do it for only 6 months but i have to go in on CD 25-27 of my first cycle, so i guess thats what you mean by monitoring right? Also, he told me to BD cycle days 10,12,14,16, 18. Does this sound right to everyone? I am a little concerned about the side affects but i guess i have to take it as it comes. He did advise me though that if i do get visual disturbances or blurred vision to stop taking the tablets immediately and go see him. As for the twins part, DH is over the moon!

Hey Walkingart,

Our FS told us to BD days 12 and 13 only...BUT...thankfully I didn't listen to him as my actually O day was D17...

This was my first cycle of clomid and I think the clomid actually pushed back my O day a few days (normally I O on D13).

I just monitored my temperature via Fertility Friend...and decided when to BD based on temp. information.

Wishing you all the very best on clomid...I didn't have any real side effects apart from being a little moody...but it was bearable...

Michelle - I didn't get what you meant - it went shoosh over my head... However, I am blonde... More info?

Monnie - sorry!

WalkingArt - I am with Monnie I certainly wouldn't rely on that regime. I am on cd19 today and I had a positive opk yesterday. So I have either just ovulated or will tonight. If I relied on ovulating on cd14 I would miss the egg.

I believe it's really important to use opks or temp charts until you know what your body is up to on clomid. My first round of clomid I got a positive opk on cd21!
    Soooo...

Ok thats the info i was after. thanks so much again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast