Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ December 06 #2

Welcome briggsy's girl. So sorry to hear about your little angels, hope that the new year brings you lots of baby dust!

BW - Good luck with your GTT today. Hope your break to Newcastle will be relaxing and enjoyable. (I WANT TO GO AWAY!!)

emmydee - probably too late, but i hope you have a great time away with DH!

BeiBei - Hope it all works out for you... Think positively! But like you said, Christmas is a great distraction.

Well i am on day 6 of provera. Cant wait for it to be over and to start taking Clomid. Just want to see if it works for me or not... Hopefully January will be my month as it is my BDAY!

To all the lovely ladies planning a trip away for Christmas, Wishing you and your families and very Merry Christmas and a FANTASTIC 2007!

WalkingArt, I hope the provera is kinder to you than it was to me - I was a psychotic, hormonal nut-case on it! So even thought I'm on day 60 something or other quite stupid, I'm in no hurry to do the provera thing again.

I've returned from the GTT - found the first hour to be hellish, but I was feeling quite normal by the end of it... don't know if that's a good sign or not.

Will tell you all a funny story later this afternoon about my crazy morning... when the room has stopped spinning madly around me.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

well, I'm back from holidays and anxious to catch up on where everyone's at! Will be reading up over the next few days, but wanted to let you all know I'm back and to feel free to contact me about anything you wish to discuss!

love
    sushee

It's great to have you back, Sushee!

I've now returned to semi-normal after the GTT this morning - just got a raging headache, which I suspect is a result of the whole ordeal.

Now for my crazy morning... as the clinic can only accept samples on Tuesdays and Thursdays, DH decided to go in to work a little bit later on and do his thing for the SA this morning. You can imagine two slightly stressed out people racing around the house trying to get things for various different tests done...

It all started when I needed to have my shower... only to interrupt DH in the bathroom trying to produce his sample! Apparently I put him off, and he surrendered the bathroom to me so that I could shower... Next stage was for me to produce a urine sample and trundle off to the pathology centre... only to discover DH using the toilet!

Poor DH! He had a bit of an irrational freak out at this stage, when he realised he had to have at least half an hour between him urinating and producing his sample - He was all ready to call the whole thing off and try again on Thursday morning! I was not going to be a happy bunny if that happened! He did eventually figure out for himself that he just needed to sit back and relax for half an hour and then everything was fine... Then I had my own drama - I was so dehydrated I couldn't produce my sample, and I was already running late, so I grabbed my specimen jar and drove off to the path centre... At least I tried! DH still had his car blocking the drive way so I couldn't get out! The things you do to try to have a baby!

It all ended well - Although I had to sit down at the path centre and guzzle water so I could produce the all-important urine sample so we could start - and the start ended up being nearly an hour late, which probably didn't help with me feeling woozy and dizzy. The first hour was absolute hell - the glucose solution was slightly fizzy (like ultra-sweet lemonade) so it went down ok, but still tasted gross and made you feel gross. The second hour was pretty ok, and I walked out feeling fairly normal, but I still made sure I ate ASAP, even though I didn't feel like I needed to.

The scary part - 12 vials of blood all up! 8 to start, another two half way through and another two at the end, and my blood didn't want to clot properly so I came home with two cotton balls taped to the insides of my elbows! Fortunately I was wearing something that hid them - it must have looked pretty strange!

Hope everyone else is well... it's awfully quiet with everyone on holidays.

BW

BW- LOL at your poor DH getting interrupted. It must be hard for them to 'perform' when they are told too Glad that you finally got there in the end to have the test done. It sounds like you had a very interesting morning.

It is getting a bit quiet in here at the moment isn't it. There is only a few of us that aren't away on holidays. That is pretty sad for us.

Sushee- Welcome back. How was your holiday?

I am just about counting down the hours until my scan in the morning. Can't wait to find out what is going on in this body of mine. I will pop in tomorrow morning to let you know how it went even if there is only like three of us left in here

Ktgirl, good luck with the scan in the morning. I hope your body has been coaxed into ovulating just enough. And you'd better post an update tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to have to go up there and hunt you down to find out how it went!

Dh's ego seems to have survived... and he even sat down and read the little book that the clinic gave us about all the different protocols - he now thinks he knows more than me!

BW

Well I am back!!!! I popped in earlier and read up on how all of you gorgeous women are doing. The Christmas shopping is all done. YIPPEEE!!!!!! I made rum balls this afternoon in my first effort for Christmas cooking so far (eek!!!)

Butterfly - you had me in stitches! Poor hubby - don't tell him how much I giggled!!!!
    Sushee - Welcome back!
    KTGirl - I agree those follie scans are just a bit scary - but exciting too! I am praying for only 1 or 2 nicely matured ones for you... Please come in and tell us how it all went. I will be thinking of you...
    Willow - I hope you can find time to pop in too to tell us how your appointment goes on Thursday. I will miss you around here while you are away.
    Mako Bei Bei Emmydee I think I have missed the boat in wishing you all a Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2007...
    WalkingArt - I hope that Provera is kind to you and I want for you that the clomid works a treat...
    Welcome Briggsys Girl - I know you will feel loved and supported by all the wonderful women in here. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing your journey.

Tomorrow is progesterone level time for me! That's scary and exciting at the same time as you all know. I was on 100mgs of clomid this month and I got a positive opk on Tuesday AND Wednesday so we are assuming ovulation on WEdnesday or Thursday at the latest. So tomorrow makes me about 7dpo. My obs is off overseas on Friday and will be out of reach from mid morning Thursday. SO we need the results and a plan if my level is a bit low. She wants to up my doseage if my progesterone is below 50. So fingers crossed.
    I'll be back a bit later....

Well I don't know what I was worried about having too many follies I still have none . Absolutly nothing dominant. So I continue with the injections to see if we can wake my body up at all this month. I will be going back for a blood test on boxing day to see if this lot has done anything. I have told my Dr today that after this month I am going to have a break for a few months as I am struggling big time at the moment with all of this TTC stuff. She thought that would be a really good idea to give myself a rest. She said that when I get back from my break that we needed to sit down and have a good chat about IVF but as she said we are not finished this cycle yet. WAKE UP OVARIES!!! On a lighter note I am very excited as my sister comes home tomorrow from living in London for the past three years. I can't wait to see her

Deb good to have you back.

How is everyone else going this morning?

Ktgirl, I'm sorry to hear that the scan didn't go so well. Seems there's a lot of ovaries in this place that need a damn good talking to!

Same old same old here... except I'm cold! You just wouldn't believe it was supposed to be Summer right now.

BW

Good morning ladies,

Yeah it definately is quieter in here...

BW - Glad to hear that your GTT went ok and that its all over and done with! LOL LOL at your DH! My DH took his sample to the lab as soon as they opened up (7am) on both mornings so he had the whole bathroom and house to himself as i was still asleep...But i can understand how frusterating it must have been for him! Poor thing!

ktgirl - Sorry about no follies...Hopefully the next test will show a great big follie waiting for the little swimmers!

Flowerchild - Hope everything goes well with your progesterone levels today!

Well today is my last day on Provera! YAAAY!! Cant wait for AF. I know i keep going on about it but i just want to move on!

Hope everyone has a great day. Very miserable in Sydney today, feels like winter all over again. - (Tell me about it BW)
    Last edited by *Paula*; December 20th, 2006 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Missed BW post

Kate - A message to your ovaries from me: "Come on "girls" you need to grow a couple of gorgeous ripe robust follies - okay!!!!!" It's still not over yet - hopefully there will be some more action next peek. What size were the follies that were there??? I know this is bloody tough and I am sending you all of my love and support. Have a beautiful time with your sister. That is so exciting!

Walking Art: Yipppeeeee!!!!!!! Last day. Bring on your period and then.... I am so sure this next year is going to be a wonderful year for us all. It's the chinese year of the pig - a very lucky omen.

Debbie (AngelBabies3) How are things with you? How is the clomid going - has it improved your progesterone? Looking forward to hearing how things are for you.

Well I had my prog done so tomorrow I will know how this month went. Fingers crossed it's all good. I am feeling that it will be so that's a positive!

Smile

Hi everyone!!!
    Have had no computer for the lst few weeks, not sure what went down in it, but DH, just said dont touch it, dont go on the net.
    Wow, so much has happened, I have had a good read and will try to remember some stuff...
    BW, you have come along way with everything, I hope all the blood tests, and everything else you have had to go through give you both some positive and helpful answers as you get closer to your baby.
    KT girl, Im so sorry to hear you had no follies, as walking art said, maybe the BIG one is just round the corner
    Hey sushee, welcome back!!
    Deb, may you have the best progesterone level, I hate always waiting for the labs to ring, or the nurses to deliver the good, or not so good news. Im actually scared of them.

So on that note, and in a quiet voice,I had the nurse ring me today..... and yes I have after 19 months and 3 miscarriages, numerous cysts and endo, and hurnia,(&one tube) managed the bfp! Im so scared and terrified, all the things you go through when you find out, but as DH says, we cant change what fate has in store. We can only go day to day, and enjoy it as much as possible. Im feeling very nauseous. My hcg was 24000, for 5-6 week pregnancy. I can only hope thats a good sign for now.GP wants me to go for the scan, which I have to say scares me silly, so 8.20am it is tomorrow! Im def sick of hearing the words, "o im sorry" anywhoo, roll on thursday..
    Im wishing all BFPs for each and everyone very very soon. In away I didnt want to say anything, because I know its what we all want, but I hope it can bring a positive in some way that it can happen, as I had all but given up! I also know I have children and for some just trying to get the first one is seeming so difficult, I def dont want to come across as greedy and selfish for posting. I do care about how you will feel, and I know its nice to hear and only on here( I add )about others positives.Alot harder to take from your BF, or friends friend, sister inlaws...etc!
    Sorry for the journal.
    OMG!!! 3yrDS has just opened all the presents!!! what was he thinking. He has told me he is very sorry... luky the others were not home to see. Wd have made a not so great xmas.
    take care everyone and have a great christmas

Chelle, what an absolutely awesomely fantastic Christmas present for you!

Don't ever feel guilty about sharing your news with us! It's the little bits of positive like this that help us believe that it can eventually happen for us too.

I seriously have the biggest grin on my face right now! YAY!

BW

yes to walking art!!!! bring on AF!! than the next month is all yours!

Just popped on quickly to say:

Chelle - Congratulations on your BFP!!

Hi to everyone else! Gotta go, lunch to make for the tribes.

Oh BW you have made tears flow down my cheeks. What a lovely thing to say. Your such an awesome person. I love reading how you get on! I almost felt excited for myself....

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so so so so so happy for you Chelle!!!!!!!! I have a huge smile on my dial!
    This is the sort of news that keeps everyone putting one foot in front of the other so don't you even think about apologising!!!!
    That level is great Chelle and I will be *with* you in spirit at least tomorrow at that u/s. I truly truly understand the pain and torture of u/s having been through more tortuous ones than I care to recount... Tomorrow though will give you great news and I will come in tomorrow afternoon (I am out all day) to check on you. Think about joining us in Pregnancy After Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth. You will find lots of love and support from some gorgeous women...

Chelle, I'm not just saying it, I really mean it! Now you've got me crying, too! I hope you can reach a point where you can be excited for yourself.

BW

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast