Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ December 06

Hi ladies,

Thanks everyone for all the info on PCOS and pg. Its really scared me to be quite honest because i have never really read deeply into PCOS but i am glad that i found all this out. I think i better buy a book or something and really read into it. So does this mean that while we are pg, we will have to be constantly monitored not only for the our pg but also for PCOS?

pollyanna - good luck with BD on all the right days, fingers crossed it works and you get your BFP! At least one of the sessions lands on your b'day! I would love to see and DP/DH reaction to that statement from your FS. LOL LOL.

emmydee & willow - so sorry for your BFN, hopefully you just tested too early and AF will stay away!

Big hello to everyone, hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend!

Walking Art - I'm not sure what happens when we are pregnant, I haven't really looked into it too much - that's still some sort of dream state that I can barely imagine ever reaching! If you want a good book on PCOS, loor for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - A woman's guide to identifying and managing PCOS by Dr John Eden. He's an Australian doctor and has a lot of helpful information... I was glued to the book when I got my hands on it!

Deb, any follie news yet?

BW

Yipppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a nice ripe follie of 23mm and a lovely healthy endometrium of 11.5cms. So everything is optimal for ovulation to occur with in the next 48 hours. I am still returning -opk's so hopefully tomorrow I will get a positive. My obs said to do the deed for the next 5 nights. Sheesh! So, off we go on the next journey!
    I am open to lots of vibes!!!!
    Thanks so much for your support...

Oh Flowerchild...that is wonderful news!!!

Well done!

Get busy, girl!!!

Hi Lovelies,

Flowerchild:I hope yor enjoying your smoochy time with your special man.And i hope it creates a beautiful spunky little being.The clomid is going ok however i say that optimistically but cautiously. Still minutely dizzy. But no mood changes( a sigh of relief)..I have a slightly upset tummy.
    Willow:A huge hug and hello right back at ya babe. hope you are doing ok and who know maybe your cycles don't need to become normal?Maybe they could just go away and in a few months you can have a baby...No harm in wishing.
    Mako:It would be a dream come true if we could both get up the duff for the new year.Good luck babe. Enjoy the bd'ing(i will).lol.On my birthday i'm going out for tea with friends. i do have to try harder to be cheerier. i'm so distracted. mum goes in to hospital on dec 17 and surgery is dec 19.I'm so scared for her,for me and my kids who are very emotional and frightened for their nana.
    BeiBei;I'm a saggitarius.I wish i could look at 36 as blossoming;it feels like wilting.lol
    WalkingArt:Yes children of mothers of pcos have more complications during labour and pregnancy. or are more likely to have issues but that just makes them all the more precious.
    Bw:From what the internet research says its because of the pcos that you are more likely to have complications one of them being macrosomia.This is also coomon with gd.I had one prem baby at 6 pound and one at nearly 10 pound. Bigger babies are so beautiful with their little rolls and dimples.They are smoochalicious.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    Stay out of the melbourne heat.Sunburn;who needs it

Pauline

Of course you are blossoming at 36 Pauline!!!!! You are entering your wise woman age where you let go of the restrictions of youth and embrace the freedom with knowledge and wisdom!!!! I can say this emphatically because I am 39!!!!
    Thanks Monnie it's great I just pray I could get a positive opk tomorrow!!!!

Yey Deb! You go catch that egg girl!! Wishing you lots of vibes my friend!!

As for me, thanks for all your words of encouragement girls, but I've had some spotting tonight so expect af to arrive in the morning, Sunday at the latest. I'm totally OK with it. Like I said yesterday, knowing the odds are against me makes it easier to deal with.

Will be trying to contact my FS on Monday to discuss whether it is worthwhile me taking clomid this month because i really wouldn't mind a break over xmas from the whole thing and it's not likely to do the trick for us, but will follow his advice - he's the boss!

Too tired today for personals but hope all are well and will be back over the weekend.

Off to wrap some christmas presents, we are having a little party with our mum's group tomorrow to exchange gifts for the kids so that should be fun. Except my best friend is going to be there (the one prg with twins, AGAIN) and things are a bit weird with us these days. Always a bit anxious about seeing her. Have asked her not to talk about our ttc dramas and starting IVF though because there will be people there tomorrow that I don't want knowing about all that. So that should eleviate some of the tension.

Have a happy party Willow!

Woo hoo Deb that is so fantastic. Sending you lots of vibes. Have fun doing all that baby making 5 nights you have your work cut out for you girl.

Willow- Hope you have a good party tomorrow. Sorry to hear that you think AF is on her way.

Hi to all of the other ladies. Hope you are all having a good night. I have had a few wines tonight with a friend so feeling nice and relaxed tonight. I am sure I will sleep well tonight after many restless nights recently coming to the end of my TWW. Getting excited starting my injections tomorrow. I thought it was Sunday but it is actually tomorrow must have been having a blonde moment when I thought it was Sunday

Best of luck Deb with all the lovin' in your house over the next few nights!!!!

emmydee Guest

Hi all!

Well, today I'm 11 dpo, and another BFN. I feel okay about it though. I was pretty depressed yesterday, but, for some reason, I feel okay today. AF is expected on Monday...

I know I was awful to complain about my newly preggo friends, but I only say this stuff to you guys. It helps to just get it out, you know. And now, I'm really beginning to feel 100% happy for them.

Flowerchild, how did your scan go?

Willow, how is it going for you? Did you test today? Wishing a BFP your way!

emmydee Guest

oops, i didn't read the last few messages. congrats on your scan Flowerchild! that sounds really, really good!

Emmydee, BFN for me too and had spotting last night so AF is on her way. Probably today or hoping tomorrow (only cause that means a 28 day cycle and hoping to keep them regular before starting IVF).

But like you, I'm OK with it this month.

Emmydee, never feel awful about saying that sort of stuff to us. This is a damned hard road and we've all felt it at times, we've all needed to get that sort of thing off our chest. And just as you have discovered, getting it out, talking about it, makes it much easier to cope and move to that place where you can be really happy for someone else, rather than let the jealousy and unhappyness take over.

So tired... late night last night... and I know the temp rise on my chart is just because I slept late. I feel like I've waited a whole year away... constantly waiting for AF with my stupidly long cycles!

BW

Emmydee, BW is right. Never be sorry about saying those things to us because we truly do understand and we know that it doesn't make you a horrible person. You should read the vent thread I've just posted about my best friend :eek: !!

Not much happening with me. AF is playing hide and seek again...sigh. Today is cd28 and apart from some pinkish coloured cm over the last 2 days nothing substantial has happened. But no, there's no chance she's not coming. Have tested twice and BFN. So she's just being annoying.

It's not such a bad thing actually because if I am a bit later this time, it will push my next cycle back a bit too and that will make it easier for me to book on for an ivf cycle in January. The clinic closes over late Dec/early Jan so it could be a bit tricky depending on how my cycle works out and I'd prefer not to have to wait till February.

So, even though it's annoying, maybe this is the universe's way of making sure things work out for January!

Anyhoo, that was a rambling if ever I've seen one.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Last night I had a lovely chat with an aunt who went through all of this sort of stuff 20 years ago. It's so nice to know that there's someone in the family who understands everything I'm going through! Of course, I'm now absolutely trashed as I ate so much food and we had to come back (the family dinner was in Newcastle, 2 hours away) last night and I've slept so late... I hate all the social events at this end of the year! I'm much, much happier to just stay at home - I really don't like going out all the time!

for you, Willow. I replied to you over in your vent thread as well.

BW

Well, I still haven't got a positive opk... Yesterday morning was the darkest and then lighter yesterday afternoon and today almost not there....
    I think this is gonna be a repeat performance of the last round of clomid with a later than expected ovulation.... BLAHHHHHHHHH I feel really grumpy about it. I just wanna be someone who ovulates on cd14!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only little peek of light is that I have some indigestion and that always happens for me after ovulation. However, it could be all of the Christmas food froma party yesterday too.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    Sorry Willow that your period hasn't come in force.
    Butterfly - hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

Well,
    I sent off an email to my obs. I am concerned about why this ripe egg would still be hanging around...
    She emailed me straight back to say she feels certain I would have ovulated by now but we should have another look and a trigger shot if not...
    Okay so tomorrow I will squeeze in another u/s....
    I feel glad that at least I will know what is happening,,,

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast