Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin ~ May 2008

Hello everyone, sorry been a bit busy, but yes Bella I'm at 5DPO, and not tearing hair yet, although frustrated cos after bragging last week about how I've not had a cold or a cough for over 2 years....something started yesterday at lunchtime and by the time I finished work at 1.30am, I was rough. Called in sick for tonight, but it's sore throat, ears, jaw/teeth and body aches with a muzzy head.

Does anyone know if being sick can affect what may hopefully be happening 'in there' during this 2ww??

Ironically I've never taken so many vitamins or eaten so healthily as I have done in recent months!!!

In addition, my DH has been on zinc tablets for months and has recently upped his intake after reading a fertility book. We both get acupuncture (although only mine's been for fertility) and my acupuncturist has given my fish oil tablets to take and when I finish my Blackwells folic acid tablets she's going to give me some that are 'stronger'.

By the way did anyone see on the news the lady in Darwin who just had a healthy baby that was actually an ectopic pregnancy???? Noone knew till they went to do a c-section....thought they'd see it on ultrasound, but gives hope to us all.

This month I started charting temp also on FF. Fantastic website, and between that, and OPKs and my HSG this month I've tried to be as positive as possible.

We are in the TWW girls!!

The regime:
    CD2-6 - 100mg Clomid
    CD7-11 - 75iu Puregon (FSH Injectable)
    CD12 AM - Scan & bloods (two follicles, no LH surge)
    CD12 PM - Trigger HCG 5000iu
    CD14 - IUI
    CD17 - Booster HCG 3000iu

Its CD15 today. I may or may not have done an extra click on the puregon pen a couple of times (80iu) when no one was looking to see if she'd get an extra egg, my bad??

Well those extra couple of clicks of the Puregon pen worked!! Kim had two huge perfectly round follicles, one on each side. One was 21.3 and the other was 20.6.

Our doc apologized as she had a little bit of trauma to the cervix during the IUI this time. Never happened before. She lightly spotted on the day, but it stopped by that evening. Any how she was in agony before the IUI, sure sign of immenent ovulation, so we think we hit the nail on the head. With double the chances.

Kim mostly gets two follicles. But normally both on the same side so they aren't perfectly round and sort of squished up against each other. But the last time she had one on both sides she got pregnant!!! We think its a good omen anyhow. Now for the TWW. Thank you guys for all your crossed fingers and toes. We are pretty hopeful this time

Two Mums YAY how exciting this is soo awesome for the both of you I am sending you lots and lots of :babydust:

Thanks Miss K, I really hope 150mg Clomid does the trick for you guys!! If not the injectables really aren't that bad! Its really really easy!! And it works!!

Airline - Hope your feeling better soon . Good luck for the TWW - hope you stay nice and calm and BRING ON that BFP!!!

Twomums - It all sounds so promising . I hope this is it . Keep us posted.

Hi to everyone else - just poping in quickly before i take the dog for a walk!

Me - no change just waiting - no symptoms of anything yet Am going to try and restrain myself from HPT til at least Fri

Take care everyone.
    xxBella

twomums that sounds awesome....how excited must you girls be!!!

bella I had no symptoms either (except my illness!), till yesterday when I got a stitch down low on my left only..esp when I bent over. I remember having it last month and that ended in AF arriving on my doorstep, . I also had 2 bouts of sudden nausea at work last night. I'd eaten enough during the day, (although my appetite had diminished from its usual ravenous self!). The second one lasted all the way home, and I had some toast before bed. Temp. still rising, highest since ovulating...except when I was sick. Oh plse, plse, plse, plse......

Got acupuncture session tomorrow, but even DH is getting excited...and has asked a few times 'when will we do the HPT?' bless him.

I felt better about getting that 24hour bug when I read that pregnant women's immune system is suppressed so that the body doesn't reject the embryo, and thus they're more susceptible to picking up colds, bugs etc

good luck everyone, babydust to one and all

hey guys, sorry ive been MIA but my computer crapped itself.

I am off for my progesterone level blood test today and hoping for a big number. I am 7dpo today and im feeling pregnant... i hope im not jinxing myself!

the next 7 days couldnt come fast enough!

good luck on that blood test!!! I'm 7DPO too......waiting, waiting....

Maybello - GL with you test... Yay to feeling pregnant best of luck hun.

Airline - bring on the nausea if it's MS . Lots of positive thoughts and lots of coming your way. xx

Me - still nothing to report
    xxBella

FIngerscrossed! Guest

Hi guys,

Sounds like there are some promising things happening!!

I have now finished my first round of clomid and so I will HOPEFULLY ovulate in the next couple of days I can't say a course of clomid has been the most fun thing I've ever done, but I think I've got off likely so far with the side effects - touch wood!!

Good luck everyone!!

Twomums - wow, sounds like a lot of activity in your camp. I hope it works out for you both. I'm new to this thread so I'm going to have to look up a lot of the things you mentioned on Google etc. to see what they all mean. I'm glad to hear you're in the TWW though

Me - I have my folicle scan tomorrow and I'm scared. I don't know why, I'm just finding TTC a bit tough at the moment

Hello to everyone else I haven't met yet and good luck to one and all

Just stopping in with my scan news. I have 4 follicles, 1 of which is doing particularly well. My FS kept going back to look at it and saying things like 'wow' and 'oh my God!'. He said they should grow 2mm a day until I O (probably this Sunday).

He said the clomid is definitely working for me and he is happy with my progersterone levels as well. He also said my uterine lining is good so that's a relief. I guess now we just have to BD like crazy and hope this is our month

so happy with everyones results in here!!

My progesterone level was 90!!! I was so shocked cos when i fell pregnant last time it was only 30! so im still trying to keep optimistic even though all my symptoms have disappeared

well I had a bummer of a day when I had my acupuncture session. The acupuncturist said after taking my pulse that she couldn't feel a 'pregnancy pulse' . It was the first negative thing that had happened all month, and Dh and I were a bit down. I got some chinese herbs in tablet form also.

After posting on another forum I was advised to not take much notice of her as it was way too early to tell, normally from about 4 months. (it was CD26 and 8DPO.)

Anyway, I've had more nausea...DH made thai fish cakes last night...and I felt so bad for him cos I kept gagging and had to leave them and only eat the vegies. Then I had issues with the carrot on my plate , telling him it tasted sooo strong! wierd.

My temp. has dipped slightly this morning (10DPO), so we did an HPT .... I know, I know...too early...and it was

Oh well last months cycle was 28 days and today's CD28 so we'll see.

Fingers crossed Mabello, Loulou that sounds great!!!!

Fingerscrossed, isn't Clomid wonderful ....I've got one more round left of 100mcg...thank goodness.

Bella, any news???

Airline, I am 10dpo today too and i got a bfn this morning too

Red face new to clomid!

Hi everyone, i just heard about this thread from LouLou..thanks so decided to drop in and say hi and hopefully be able to share some wonderful clomid stories!!! i'm not sure what to expect yet so bring it on!!!!!! i'm taking my first tablet of clomid tonight...1 tablet, 50 mg a day to start and then see how that works!!! fingers crossed!!!! can anyone tell me whats the worst i could be in for in terms of side effects???

Mabello - 90?! OMG! That's the highest I've ever heard of. Great news Sorry about the BFN but hopefully that's just because you tested early

Airline - sorry about your BFN too. Let's hope the results change for you very soon as well.

Dotty - glad you found this thread. How are you feeling? I get mild crampings from clomid and my first round gave me mood swings (but I may have had them anyway as I was very stressed about TTC so it's hard to tell). Good luck - I hope it does it's job. You're having a progesterone test at CD21-23 as well?

welcome dotty...the worst you should experience would be bad headaches and hot flushes. I dont think the side effects of clomid are too bad tbh.

thanks lou! On a positive note (well not really) I am vomitting tonight.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast