Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin ~ May 2008

Default TTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin ~ May 2008

This thread is for those members that are Trying To Conceive with the assistance of clomid and/or metformin.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/long...eb-2008-a.html is your old thread

Hope the tww flies by Mel - GL, I hope this is your cycle.

Well - progesterone not so good this month 15.7 - eeek!!! Ob has upped dosage to
    100mg. Not too confident this month now I know that - even if I do get a BFP I will be worried that I'll have a m/c due to low progesterone levels.

Obviously temps aren't anything to go by because last months temps were dreadful and prog was 68 where as this months temps seem better (although slower getting there) and prog is only 15.7. Man - this journey is frustrating.

Babydust to everyone! ! !

Talking

AJC - Bugger with the progesterone level. I'll cross fingers anyway, you never know untill the fat lady sings.

I plan on waiting to test untill the 1st June. I don't want to put myself through what we had last month. I'm really busy at work so that should help.

xoxoxoox Mel

Welcome Dotti, hope your stay here is short.
    Mel A- hope the TWW passes quickly and smoothly
    AJC- condolences re. the progesterone, its sooo frustrating isn't it?

As for me, I am now on my third 'round of clomid and have first ever appt with FS next monday.....anxious ++++ re this. Have a head cold and feel generally lousy.

FIngerscrossed! Guest

Default Starting the provera/clomid cycle

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join you on this thread. I have PCOS and have only had about 3periods in my life (I am 29) so I am about to start on clomid in the hopes that it will make me ovulate - having read the things other people have written about it on this site I am not expecting it to be fun!!! In some ways I am relieved to be finally starting something (waiting hopefully for some sign that my reproductive system is functioning was becoming a bit depressing), but on the other hand I am a bit scared to find out whether any of this will work for me...

Before I take the clomid (50mg) I have to have Provera for 10 days to bring on a period. Can anyone give me any hints as to what this is like? I was also wondering how long after you stop taking it your period is supposed to start?

Best of luck to all of you

Welcome fingerscrossed!, I feel for you, I too was on the lack of period trail, I can relate to your frustration.

Provera; I didn't have to take it after my misscarrige, but i had the pescription for it just in case. my OB told me it should work within 0-10 days of the last tablet.

Don't be alarmed if the first dose of clomid doesn't work, I had to get to 100mg before my cycle got regular. Also the symtoms of clomid are so wide and varied, I'd say don't worry untill you get there. good luck and keep us posted.

DrGirl - Good luck with round three, How did the FS appointment go?

Me i'm at 6DPO so waiting waiting waiting. we got in a good amount of BDing so all we can do is await the results.....

Hi everyone,

I took my first dose of clomid last night (100mg day 3) . I also went and saw my new accupuncturist yesterday - that was awsome! I felt so relaxed after. She is very hopeful after hearing all my stories. I'm going back to see her next week. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for BD'ing regime???? I'm not temperature charting (it frustrates me and sends me crazy , the accupuncture lady has given me some tips on when to BD and sign's of O coming, but would love your thoughts?

Gook luck to everyone this cycle.

Lots of positive thoughts coming your way!!

xxBella

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and wish you all luck!!!!!
    I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!
    I've had four clomid pregnancies, 2 miscarried and two healthly full term ones and managed to fall pregnant naturally this time. Funny I was told that I would never be able to conceive naturally as I have POS and one ovary is no good, the other is riddled with cysts. If I can beat the odds you can too!!!!!!
    Hoping you all have buns in the oven soon!!!!
    Snoopea(Kelly)

Hi Girls

Hope you are all going well this cycle.

Snoopea - thanks for popping in to spread some babydust - thank you.

bella - hope your first cycle is a lucky one. Who knows that type of bd schedule is the best, I usually try to do at least 2 days prior to O then every day until O is confirmed. Charting is a good way to keep track of your cycle and if opk's work then that's a good method too. Good luck!

Fingerscrossed - how you doing?

Docgirl - hope all went with with FS.

Mel - GL, temp looks nice and high.

afm - well I'm nearing the end of the tww so of course am getting nervous 'am I, aren't I'. I feel so frustrated. LP is much better so far this cycle, up to 12 dpo so far so at least if not pg then a longer LP will still make me a little happier. I really really want to test because i'm starting to get my hopes up and I'd prefer to get BFN today and not get my hopes up any further. I really don't want to test but I am feeling the temptation more and more by the minute. No real symptoms - just really tired, strange taste in my mouth (has been for a few days), breasts are no more sensitive than normal and everything seems to be repeating on me. ggggggrrrrrrrr.

Default A thought about the day 21 BT

Was just thinking about the day 21 BT. I think the whole purpose with this BT is that you are supposed to O on day 14 then have the BT a week later to check progesterone. So if you don't O on day 14 does that make the BT incorrect? I O'd cd18 this month so I had my BT only 3 days after O. It just seems so confusing. Has anyone else thought about this?

AJC- that's right, the CD21 progesterone BT assumes ovulation on CD14.If you ovulated on CD18 and had BT you would only, at the most seee the start of the rise. The peak of progesterone in a cycle with no conception is around 7 days post ovulation. So if you know the ovulation day I would suggest that you have the blood test 7 days later. Alternatively, my doctor for the last three months has reauested serial progesterone levels which means I have a BT every three days from ovualtion so the pattern can be clearly seen. Sorry, if this is a bit garbled!
    Also, thanks re. FS luck- appt is next mon. Will let you know what happens

FIngerscrossed! Guest

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome and words of reassurance Mel A, it's good to know all these drugs can whip our hormones into shape eventually!I hope this month goes well for you.

Thanks for your sharing your good news Snoopea - hopefully your success is catching

How are you going with the testing temptation AJC? I recon I have single-handedly kept pregnancy test makers in business - when you don't have a cycle you could be pregnant nearly all the time...I need to develop some self-control when it comes to testing!!

How are you going with the Clomid Bella?

Interesting info about the BT Drgirl. I suspects FSs would be shocked by how much we all end up knowing about this stuff. Hope you're feeling better.

Me, I am on day 3 of the provera and seem to have started spotting - what the?? Not sure what I am supposed to do if my period full on starts while I am in the middle of the course? I assume stop taking it and then just start the clomid on day 5 of bleeding?

Babydust to all x

Hi Everyone,

Well i have had 3 doses of the clomid now - 2 more to go . I feel really good no side effects yet, although I have had a shocking cold the last few days so i don't think i would have known if i was having any direct side effects!

As for questions about the BT, i think your right it depends when you ovulate. My FS isn't going to take a BT at all? (says he doesn't bother with them - i'm only doing 3 cycles of clomid wheather i ovulate or not and if i do hopefully it will work?)

About to get ready for work.

Hope everyone has a good day and great weekend
    xxBella

I am happy to report that Kim had her Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy & Dye Studies done and there is no endometriosis, no fibroids, no polyps and no inflammation or blockages in the tubes. Dr H took a biopsy of the endometrium and we get the results on monday, but other than that he said her reproductive organs look untouched by human hands. He mentioned that her ovaries looked a little older than her years tho (a little wrinkley). Maybe from all the stimulation they have had to endure over the past two years. Still he said that he still has high hopes that she will fall pregnant with a little help from Clomid and some under the counter FSH. So it looks like Clomid AND injectables for Kim then intra-uterine insemination for the time being.

We are going to have one more go before going to Malta. I know I know, I said we weren't going to but we changed our minds. We are women, its our perogative. 3 months after a laparoscopy is the "fertile window" and if we wait until we get back we will miss 2 of those 3 months. This way we only miss one while we are overseas. Hopefully we will be secretly celebrating at Kim's sisters wedding for more reasons than one. Dr H said that she should get her period when it was due originally so thats about a weeks time. He is posting out the script for Clomid 100mg days 2-6 and then go in to grab the FSH for days 7-11, scans and bloods on day 11, then most likely insemination on day 14, as per usual.

Fingerscrossed - Welcome to the thread, all the very best with the Provera and Clomid, I hope it works out well for you..

Docgirl - Good luck with the FS on Monday.

Mel - Hope the rest of the TWW flies for you.

AJC - So sorry about the dissapointing prog results, maybe you didnt ovulate this cycle, is that what a low progesterone means?? When you do have a confirmed pregnancy you can always supplement your progesterone with pessaries etc, so dont go thinking about M/C. Just think at least you know you have an issue before you get pregnant, so when you do, you are armed with pessaries!!!!!

Bella - Welcome to the thread, I think its a good idea your FS doesn't bother with bloods, they only make you more nervous and less relaxed, the less you know sometimes the better. Timing is only really an issue when you are inseminating with frozen sperm. Just make sure you DTD every couple of days!!!!

twomums - great to hear that Kim's lap & hysteroscopy went well. Good luck this cycle and I hope you both end up taking a little bun in the oven to Malta with you. I can understand why you don't want to miss one of those months.

Well I have some news, I got a BFP this afternoon. Was so disappointed after the 21dy BT this month (even though it was only 3 days post O so I didn't think it was really that accurate anyway) but my temps have been really high this month and when I woke up this morn and it was the highest it's been all cycle @ 14dpo then I decided to take a test. I was soooo nervous...... then totally shocked when instantly those two pink lines appeared.

Praying that this little one is a sticky one.

Oh my God Congrats AJC

xxBella

AJC Congratulations in this thread too.

Thanks Bella & thanks again Mel. Your turn now....

sending lots and lots of babydust to everyone!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast