Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin ~ May 2008

Hey girls,

Hows everyone been? Boy isn't it getting cold...our cat is climbing under the doona early in the mornings to get warm the last couple of days. Well I go for my second bloodtest today so I'll know on monday if the clomid made me O....maybe I might get a BFP...here's hoping and crossing fingers and toes! I do have a question for the ladies who know a bit about clomid...has anyone suffered from heartburn and have moodswings after finishing clomid? maybe i'm just pmsing but i got a bit ferral at dh on wed night when we went to the drive ins.It was so silly of me but i got upset that he bought himself an ice cream and didnt buy me on...as he put it "you dont eat ice cream". which is true.ahh i seem to be getting upset at the silliest of things the last week and a bit.

hi girls,
    well i just got back from the docs with my test results. I'm wondering if anyone can help me interpret them. these are day 21 bloods LH 47.9, Progesterone 1.6 and oesterdiol 1102. The doc changed his mind and didnt do another blood test as we are seeing the FS in 2 weeks. So confused as to whats going on!!!!

Hi baby monster. According to those results, you havent ovulated yet. Progesterone level of 20 or higher normally indicates ovulation. LH is the lutenising hormone you get before ovulation so I would say you are about to ovulate.

Sorr never heard of esterdiol before.

My post from the other day has vanishe? weird! Just saying I feel this cycle is gunna take forever.I am only on cd8....boring....boring....waiting!!!!

Hey haven't been on for a few days. Bella how's your mum?
    Mabello, are you in a positive place yet after your BFN?

How's everyone else doing? Sandy DrGirl Princess?

I'm on CD17, got what I think was a +ve OPK, but have been bding anyway every day! Had my acupuncture today, and overall we feel very positive. Had gyob appointment, and this was my last cycle on clomid then we're going natural for a couple of cycles, before trying FSH injections - with or without IUI.

Felt pretty down when AF arrived, lasted 3 days, but I'm on the up part of the cycle, where I feel positive and happy.

Have decided to get another focus, as I was spending wayyyyy too much time focusing on IF and researching and reading constantly so have started scrapbooking. Really enjoying it.

Gotta go,

hey girls,

i have been so lazy with my met- ifeel like it makes me bloated?? anyone else feel this way??

Hi Everyone!

Babymon - ?? with your results - have you heard anything further - whats happening?

Maybello - hey hun how are you doing?

Airline - Thanks for asking about my mum - she is going in for surgery tom so everything will turn out ok. Hey we are cycle buddies i'm CD18 today! I think you have given it a good chance of catching that eggie

LSK - i have been really lazy with my met also - not sure if it makes me bloated - i just feel like a fat cow at the moment anyway - think ive put on weight!!

Well i have taken some annual leave from work so off now until Monday week - just needed some mental health time. I'm not at all positive with this cycle - we BD a few good days but also missed out a few - so much going on. I know i have Oed but not sure when - couldn't keep up with testing because of my shift work DH and i have decided to do our last cycle of clomid next cycle if it's BFN then take a break before moving onto injections - DH said he would take me to Thailand!!

Sending out lots and lots of
    GL to everyone this cycle - bring on the big fat positives!

xxBella

Hi girls,

sorry i haven't replied before now but wasn't really in the mood to play on the pooter the last week.

Mabello...thanks for your help interpreting the results!

Airline...I think i'm going to take a leaf out of your book and find a new hobby to take my mind of things.Hows the scrapbooking coming along?

Bella... I hope your mum is doing well! I will be going for a bloodtest tomorrow as AF hasn't shown up yet and my doc said he will do a preg test.We see the FS next fri as to what way we go next.

I guess I'm just waiting on AF to show as i thought she was here the last 2 days and kept running to the toilet to check. Have a bit of cramping today but nothing like i usually get and my BB are'nt sore like usual either. Has anyone else had problems with their cycles after clomid? I'll probably get Af tomorrow before i go for the BT but at least we can start on the clomid again for one more round until we get further instructions....I'm back in a positive mood.

hey guys, its finally bding time here!! cd 16 now so in the tww!

Mabello- - i hope this is it for you your last wait for 9 months D!!
    Bella- OOMG - wish my DH would take me to thailand!!
    airline- gosh i wish i had the patience for scrapbooking- love the result but the patience - ooooooohhhhhhh noooooooo
    BM- Has AF reared her ugly head??
    Sandy- Hope it happens naturally fo ryou - you Gyn sounds positive- that's a good sign
    Loulou- how's things with you??

me- still lazy with met- might try again next week- don't know if i can go thru it all again

to everyone else i missed

Hey Bella...where're you gonna go in Thailand?? We went to Koh Samui last year, and hope to go again this year. I happen to work for the national airline, and felt I should go experience it!!! The people are lovely, very genteel, the food gorgeous, and the beaches fantastic! We had relaxing treatments every day as it was soooo cheap...massages, manicure, pecicure etc!

We are cycle buddies...according to FF I ovulated on CD 17 and it's CD21 today. We did everything possible, and it turns out I had acupuncture on CD 17. now.....

Mabello, you're also in TWW ...good luck sister
    BM any news?? Our cats are really cuddly too, on these cold nights,snuggling in......

LSK thanks for asking about the scrapbooking. It's going really well, I've done a page on one of my cats, two on a family friends' day out hot air ballooning, and now two on all 3 of our cats. I've got a whole list of themes I want to do.

Feeling good, quite positive...but more wary than last month if that make sense. fingers and toes crossed....may the days pass quickly - but we still have fun too!

Hi,
    Ive been MIA for a few months, just feeling bit down this week. Its coming up to a year TTC, and just found out another family member is Pg, that makes it a total of 7 that have fallen in the year we've been trying
    So sorry im so so happy for them, seriously i am. Just totally jealous!
    At least the clomid isnt affecting me as much, but only allowed to have 2 more cycles of it.
    Krissy

Goodmorning girls,
    well this has been a very confusing time for DH and I....As you all know our doc didn't think we ovulated according to our 21 day BT...well I'm on cycle day 38 and POAS this morning just to check...It came up BFP! We are still in shock as we were gearing up for our second round of clomid and seeing the FS this coming fri. Can this be true?

Baymonster - That is sooo cool. I had the chat with my Doc about false BFP when I went to get my OB refereal. He said that the test only measure HGC which our bodys can't create without being pregnant. So if it comes up with a BFP then you're pregnant..... You can get a false negative if it is too early, but not a false positive. So congratulations hun you now have a little person growing inside you, they look like a sea monkey at the moment and it may not feel like you pgt (treasure that feeling MS is unbelievable) and welcome to the club...

Babymonster - woo!!!! Fantastic, well done

Tryinglikecrazy - I am on my 12th cycle TTC as well, not a very nice anniversary really. Hang on in there though, it will happen

Mabello and Airline - GL in your TWWs :goodluck2:

LSK - hello. I'm good thanks, just waiting to O. Boo. 4th round of clomid and I'm not really holding out much hope. I guess I'm just fed up of having my hopes dashed every month, it gets hard to pick yourself up every time

MelA - hello

Bella :woot: Thailand will be fabulous

Mel A and lou lou....thanks for the congrats.

Our doc rang this morning to tell us the news but he was a bit late as we already knew from the HPT. He got my BT back early and all the levels he was checking for the FS were raised and came back as an early pregnancy. So its official! I'm too scared to get really excited as this is my very first pregnancy and am unsure what to expect and DH wants to be cautious till 12 weeks. After trying for 2 1/2 yrs it stil seems like a dream.

I hope everyone gets some good news in the next few weeks...wishing you all luck!

Babymonster I am so pleased for you - especially now you have the offical BT news. After all this time you've done it - you're going to be a Mummy

Of course you have to be cautious but still, this is the first step and you should feel very pleased with yourself :woot:

I am feeling down at the moment because it is my 12th cycle TTC but compared to what you've been through, that's nothing. Very inspiring - perhaps I'll join you in a few weeks?!

PS - how come you have 2.5 furkids?

Hey Lou lou,
    Thankyou once again for your support. I hope you join me soon as i'll need some pregnancy buddies! As for the 2.5 furkids this is the story. I had 2 dogs when i met my DH. Even though he loves them dearly he is a cat person. So I bought him a kitten for valentines day this year and well let me put it this way...she thinks she's a dog....not any dog but a german shepherd! Those two sleep together, play together , do everything together and the cat even grooms the shepherd and visa versa....She stalks my jack russell though! so hence we have 2.5 dogs as she does not act like a cat at all.It is very cute to watch.

Oh Babymonster - CONGRATULATIONS
    i'm so happy for you. Hope a few more can join you soon. xxxx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast