Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ November 2006 #3

Morning Girls

Smudge Thats great news on the follie, you must be getting a little excited by now. Good luck for this cycle.

Ktgirl, I hope you are ok. The tww can drag out for so long can't it? I'm thinking of you and am praying that you get a bfp in time for christmas

BW I hope the last 6 days of term fly by so fast for you. Have you decided if you are going to take provera soon??? I wish you all the best in you choices hun.

Princess Well done on the temp rise. I hope it means good things are in store for you too sweet.

Monnie When are you up for testing? I hope the tww isn't too bad for you. There is nothing worse than the unknown is there. I have my fingers crossed for you hun.

Flowerchild, How are you going, Have you finished your clomid yet?

Missbelinda, Good luck with the preseed. I hope you are ok and good luck with this cycle.

As for me, still nothing to report. I just wish if af is going to visit, she gets here soon or if I'm preg that I get some sign or something. Dh is going ok after his op. Still in a bit of pain but thats to be expected. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Good morning chickies!!!

Princess...sorry I'm hopeless at reading charts so I won't be much help to you. Perhaps have a mini BD-fest for a bit just in case...so hoping you get that wonderful present!

Mako...it's good news she still isn't around...here's hoping! Sorry to hear your DH is still in a bit of pain...hope that resolves really soon.

Ktgirl...your chart is looking real nice!!! REAL NICE!

BW...not long now! I'm a bit like you...hanging out for the end of next week. I'm not a teacher but I'm a private Speech Pathologist working with school age kids...so everything quietens down a little after next week...

Missbelinda, Smudge, Flowerchild...hope all is going well...really well...

KateY01...are you doing okay?

As for me...I caved yesterday...did a HPT (yeah...I know...way to early anyway)...BFN of course. I knew it would be...maybe that's why I did it. All a bit silly really. I'm sure there's some strange psychological reason!!! To be honest, I wasn't disappointed...maybe I did it knowing that the disappointment wouldn't hurt that much...who knows...

Anyway...I'm doing well today...very much looking forward to the end of today (got a really big one today)....and enjoying the weekend.

Cheers to all!

Hay Mako- I am still keeping everything crossed that you haven't got AF yet because you are PG. When are you going to go back for another blood test? Hang in there sweet pea .

Monnie- I was close to caving this morning but somehow I just got ready for work really quickly and got out of the house but I know how you are feeling. Your chart is looking goo too. My chart last month I thought was good but I still got AF so trying not to hope too much even though my chart looks good now. There is still a while to go. Knowing me being at home all weekend I will probably cave and do a test too but I am a bit worried that I may still have some HCG in my system from my trigger shot.

Princess- I am not an expert on charting either but hopefully you have caught the little eggie in time for your Christmas wish

Smudge- Have you seen a +OPK yet. If you have get to it girl go make babies.

Love to everyone I have missed.

Hi everyone,
    I finished my clomid last night. So, now it's the waiting game. I am imagining nice big gorgeous follies. Tuesday is u/s day and I can't wait!!!
    Monnie - what cday are you?
    Debbie - where are YOU!
    Mako- thinking of you...
    KTgirl- what restraint not testing. It is a bit early. Though I got a bfp with Eggy on 8dpo - I couldn't believe it! That's not the usual though.

I feel bad not doing more personals - time is against me today.
    I will be BACK!!!

Sorry to be MIA but I Have been sooo busy. So many things to organise, school, kindeer, ballet, parties, dinners. You all know what I'm talking about. Being involved with the arts can be pretty time consuming this time of year. Lots of "darlings!" and cheek to cheek kissing. Still, it's all great fun.

Hi to you all and hopefully I will be back with some personals next week.

Deb - glad you are well and can't wait to chat. Take care.

Hugs to all,
    Debbie

Hi guys,

It must be because of clomid (or I am just using it as an execuse) as I have been really emotional since yesterday, and worse of all, angry about everything....really feel that I am against the world (except your guys of course) at the moment:twisted: Had a good cry yesterday...

Had my blood test yesterday and will have another one tomorrow (day 12), retail therapy after that for a little rewards I planned...The nurse was telling me that when they do cycle monitoring, it is quite common you have to do lots of b/t, some even have to do 4-5 days back to back. I am very precious of my blood , so I think this is getting me a bit too...

Flowerchild, hope you are doing better than me...just beautiful big follies no other crap, good luck on Tuesday, so they scheduled u/s already for you, no b/t? Wondering why my doc need to see b/t result first...

Ktgirl, Monnie, your gorgous people, I can imagine the anticipation, fingers crossed for you guys for BFP

Mako, I guess no news is good news hey...really hoping you will have some fab surprise before X'mas

Angle Babies 3, sorry I am a bit new here so don't know the first half of the story, what sort of art you are involved in? As I just finished my last project for a design course, part of the reason I am so exhausted now...I prefer lots of 'darlings' and cheek to cheek kissing...hope there is champagne there

Oh, here is to wish everyone else a fabulous weekend, have to go...dH is dragging me to a wine tasting...let's hope that will help my 'foul' mood a bit...

Thanks Girls, I hope you are right about no news is good news. I somehow doubt it though. I might tset again over the w'end or Monday at the latest. I'm not coping too well atm. I'm finding myself cyring at the drop of a hat iykwim for what seems like no apparent reason. I think I'm a little stressed, work is getting me down and I'm certainly not looking forward to Christmas(not even putting tree up this year).I think with little angel's anniversary being so close to christmas isn't helping either. I'm sorry I needed to get this off my chest
    I hope you all have a great weekend.

Back from acupuncture... what a day!

I had to get my DH to drive me in - I was feeling so unwell today. I taught my last class before lunch fighting not to puke - then I had to keep a couple of kids back because they were so bratty yesterday and today... I spent the time ducking back into the staff room to sit and rest before going back to the class room to become stern and growly again... then lunch duty in stinking 40+ heat!

I think I will take the provera to induce AF and then do a 100mg clomid cycle... just to see what we shall see... My acupuncturist doesn't think clomid will be the drug that works for us. She actually said she'd rather see me do an IVF cycle than another clomid cycle, but as long as I'm on holidays and have clomid scripts and don't have an appointment with an FS any time soon that it can't hurt to try. She thinks my eostrogen is just too low, and that if I could spend a month on eostrogen supplements (I didn't think to ask how to get hold of that!) then the clomid may be more successful. Strangely, I'm not upset by that news.

for all the special ladies here... and another for Mako. I think it's going to be a difficult christmas for a lot of us.

BW

Well I'm gonna be another one to add a big boo hoo! Had some more potentially bad news regarding our chances with IVF so I am down at the moment too. :frown: (how cute are the xmas smilies?? I'd just as soon forget about xmas too, but that's not fair on my dd)

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was going, say hi and say i am still around. Going to be doing at least one more clomid cycle this month while waiting for some tests and stuff to come back before we start IVF in the new year. Our FS wants us to keep trying naturally in the meantime so you're stuck with me for a while yet

Will be back later when I'm feeling a bit more positive.

Mako - got my fingers crossed for you girl! If you test, make sure you let us know!!

Hi lovelies,

I think we are all having a bad day today. I am feeling extremely moody today one minute I am so frustrated I want to scream and then I feel teary, it feels like PMS so I am hoping it isn't. Sometimes I only have a short LP so it quite possibly is PMS :frown: , that or this waiting is just getting the better of me.

Willow- So sorry to hear that you have been handed another blow. I hope it all starts to look up for you soon sweet.

BW- Good luck with the Provera. Hopefully that 100 mg of clomid just gives your body the kick start that it needs.

Mako- Good luck I hope it is a BFP for you this weekend.

Flowerchild- How exciting that you have finished your Clomid I am now picturing great big follies for you

BeiBei- You lucky girl going to a wine tasting mmm wine that should help to cheer you up.

Angelbabies3- You sound like a rather busy woman have fun at all of your parties.

Monnie- How are you feeling today?

Princess, KateY01 and Smudge and anyone else I have missed I hope you are all well.

Hey guys

Sorry to hear that so many people had a tough day today...let's hope the weekend brings many good things.

Mako...so sorry to hear that it's been tough...I really feel for you with the anniversary of your losing your angel baby. I hope that you have lots of beautiful support around you...and that with your testing, you receive fantastic news...so hope that for you!

Ktgirl...hoping it's not pmt...I think it's just the strain of TWW...as well as the joys of LT TTC as well as the reminders that Christmas brings.

I've been feeling pretty emotional too...I was driving in my car today and just felt like crying...very weird...Good luck with the testing (if you do it)...I'm hoping to hold out...maybe til Sunday...I think I just want to know...so then I can have a few Christmas drinks without any guilt (wow...that's where my priorities are!!!)

Flowerchild...I'm seeing beautiful follies for you chickie!

Beibei...mmmm...wine tasting...yummo!!! Hope it helps lift the blahness you're feeling!

Go Willow Go!

BW...go on you for being proactive and just going for it. Wishing you great news!

Angel Babies 3...my husband is also involved in the arts...the mwah-mwah thing does get a little tiresome, hey? But you're right...it is fun! Enjoy!

Smudge and Princess..hope you are doing well...

Hoping everyone has a great weekend...I'm so glad it's here...had a big day today...so it's time to wind down...

Okay...hugs and good things to all...if I missed someone, please forgive me...and have a great weekend.

Well I crumbled and did a test it was a BFN. It may just be to early but I really think that it isn't our month again. I just have this feeling that AF is just around the corner Guess we will just have to wait and see, I think my temp tomorrow should tell me if AF is on her way because most months I only have a 12 day LP.

Monnie- Good luck if you do another test. Hope you get your BFP!!! Are you feeling any different?

Mako- Any news?????

Ktgirl, I really do hope its just a little early for you sweet. Just know that I'm thinking of you

Monnie, Good luck with the testing hun. I hope you get a bfp.

Willow to you sweety. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Hello to all you lovely ladies out there. I hope you are all ok and hope you are having a good weekend.

As for me AF has showed up today So I will be starting metformin today aswell. Has anyone on metformin had any side effects?? I hope this will do the trick for us.

Metformin and side effects... YEAH!

It's very important that you start on a low dose and increase gradually. It's also important that you eat low GI, low carb and take it with food. Although, after being on it for a while, I'm finding my body is a lot more tolerant to the side effects... I still get the runs if I've not been eating properly, but it's nowhere near as bad as before. I really must admit that increasing my dose on top of not eating properly because of all the parties and other functions, I'm suffering a little... If you are eating properly and exercising, it does make it easier to lose weight, too.

BW

Thanks BW. I try to eat healthy food most of the time, so I hope I don't get the runs too often. I'm starting on 500mg daily so hopefully things won't be too bad. I'm only meant to take this for this cycle and if I don't fall pregnant I'll be doing IUI. So we'll see how this all works:eek:

That doesn't seem to be giving the metformin much time to work... but, I can understand - I gave it altogether too much time to work, and it's not done a whole lot at all, but others have had fantastic results with it.

I've been told that metformin and lettuce is a bad combination... I've never tried it, though! Been too scared!

BW

Mako, I'm so sorry that af has shown up. :frown: I was hoping this was your month. I hope you are coping with the disappointment as well as can be expected.

Let's hope the metformin works and you have success next cycle.

Mako,
    I am sorry too :hugs:. I hope that the metformin has the right effect.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast