Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ November 2006 #3

Sorry for your result Mako...
    Like us all I was so hoping for good news for you.
    Welcome to you Kate - I too am on cd3 and I have booked myself a with Santa as I am sure you have too!

Bugger Mako! Was hoping for some great news for you. But while AF is still at bay there always remains hope (but I know how hard it is to keep your chin up).

BW - what will the u/sound reveal? What are they looking for? Or is it just a preliminary thing for his surgery? I hope you get some good news at long last. Is it likely he will have his surgery before Christmas? I know I was so relieved to have it over and done with and not hanging over my head over the holidays.

At least you won't have to worry about running into your friend, that's a huge relief. I'll never forget running into a close friend of mine's sister and mum at my old gyno's rooms - even though they knew what was going on with me, I panicked instantly! hehehe, took me a while to realise they already knew and I hadn't been busted!

I was just reading your post about your feelings on IVF, and I don't think you're strange at all - I feel the exact same way! I've had a feeling this is where we were headed so it's not exactly a shock and like you, there are aspects of it that really appeal to me. Like the lack of 'scheduled' bding, the whole agonising have I ovulated or haven't I? Did we do it at the right time? Did we miss the window?? etc etc. Also, the huge jump in success rates per cycle as opposed to a natural cycle can't be a bad thing either!

We'll both see what the coming weeks bring, but if we both head down that path, we'll do it together and we'll be at peace with it, and that can only be a positive start!
    Last edited by Willow; November 27th, 2006 at 04:53 PM.

Just on the lookout for Smudge. You haven't been around for a few days so I thought I would just check that you are doing ok? How are you going with the double dose of Clomid. Hopefully it is not giving you too much grief. Good luck with your scan on Thursday

Monnie- I know what you mean about not trying to pick up too much with the side effects because you don't want to be let down but it is soooo hard. This TWW never gets any easier. This month I have had sore BB since O so I won't be able to tell if they get any worse so count me out with that one. I have even put DH on strike from touching because they are so sore :eek: how will he cope lol. Hopefully we get our BFP at the same time.

I guess the ultrasound is to map out the varicocele and give the surgeon a better idea of what he's dealing with before he gets in there. It's an area where you really, really don't want any mistakes! Poor DH, he'll have to take time off work for surgery, and when he tells people that, they ask why he needs surgery... and he's left feeling awkward as he doesn't want to say! It's all very strange seeing the tables turned and him having to experience some of the indignities that us girls have to go through! Sadly, no chance of it happening before Christmas, the surgeon is booked out right to the end of the year.

Willow, it's nice to know that I'm not completely mad, and that my thoughts on IVF actually make sense! Also nice to know I'm being stalked through the other thread, too. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember what I've said where and I just get all confused!

I'm finding myself with some awkward decisions to make... approaching the end of the year when I'll be allowed to try clomid again. I can probably start provera next weekend (that turned me pretty psycho, so starting once the kids have finished but I still have two days of work left is as close as I want to push it!), then clomid fairly soon after that, but I'll need to be careful I don't end up scheduling BD-time right on Christmas as we usually end up staying with my parents! :eek: But... with DH needing to have surgery and then 2-3 months before decent sperm start to be produced... is it really worth it? But then again, plodding along and continuing to go nowhere doesn't really appeal much either...

BW

BW, I hope all works out well for you and your dh.
    It is terrible when people ask such personal questions regarding surgery. I really think people sometimes are way too curious. I wish you all the best with your next cycle of clomid and maybe the side effects won't be so bad for you this time. Anyway just know that I'll be thinking of you

Willow, I can understand how you along with BW feel about IVF. It is so true about all the worrying about if I've bd'd at the right time or did I miss that window etc. Good luck to you on whatever road you decide to go down and know that we will support you . I hope your inlaws have sorted whatever problems they were having and are being much nicer to you now.

Flowerchild, How are you going sweet. Where are you up to? Sorry I've lost track.

Ktgirl, You are such a sweet person. Thankyou for all your kind words. How are you and good luck to you in the tww. I hope you get a huge BFP real soon. When are you up for testing?

Monnie, Good luck to you in the tww too. I have my fingers crossed for you. It is hard not to read into every little sign or symptom isn't it?

Smudge, Hello, haven't seen you for a while, I hope you are well. Good luck to you on Thursday hun.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone. If I have I will catch up later.

As for me still no sign of af. I'll pop back in later tonight as dh is having an operation on his solitary kidney today. He is such a terrible patient especially when he is waiting to go to theatre, Oh well he's very lucky I love him to put up with his moodiness at these difficult times. I know he gets worried when he has ops but it's like he's the only one who's ever had an op lol.

Hope you all have a great day and stay cool on this very hot day.

Morning ladies.

Mako- Glad to see AF is still staying away. Good luck to your DH. Men always make terrible patients don't they . Glad they aren't the ones who have to give birth we would never hear the end of it lol. I still have a while before I test argh I hate the TWW but thanks for thinking of me.

Monnie- Another day down woo hoo. Hope this ends for both of us really shortly with a positive result .

BW- That is a really tough decision that you have to make. At least you have a holiday coming up and you can try and relax a bit and see if that helps. Have you booked in with a FS. They might be able to help you with that decision. Good luck with everything.

Hi to Smudge, Hayseed, Flowerchild, Willow, Michelle, KateY01 and BeiBei I hope you all well. Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Kt - I am feeling for you as you wait until testing time. It's a horrible time in limbo land. My wish for you is that you get a What cd are you on now?

Butterfly - Decisions such as these are always hard.. Goodluck in making the one that best suits you...

Mako - I am going okay. I am on cd4 and I had my second dose of clomid 100mgs last night. My period has just been like a regular period no heavier and no clots so that's always a good sign... I have been feeling pretty hot overnight due to the clomid and yesterday I had a migraine but I am not sure if the migraine was period related or not. I try not to hone in to much on symptoms... I am just hoping and praying that I get a this cycle so I can start the new year with a new dream...
    How are you Mako - still no period... Are you going to repeat the blood test later in the week? Was it a quantative hcg where you get given a level?

Everyone else I hope you all have a great day. Will pop back later...

Hey guys

Flowerchild...so pleased that your period is going well...as far as periods go...that's great news!

Mako...all the best to your DH for his operation. Hope all goes wonderfully...and that AF continues to stay away!

Ktgirl...your chart is looking good! Here's hoping chickie!

BW...all the best in your decisions...it is so complicated trying to live life PLUS juggle TTC issues, hey?

Bei Bei and KateY01...hope the clomid is treating you well...

Willow...hope the "fest" went well!!!

I'm now in DPO 6...chart isn't looking that promising...I want to put it down to my dodgy thermometer (it gave me about 8 different readings this morning...the first two ranged by 0.5 degrees celcius!)...think the battery is gone!!! Wonderful timing, hey!!! But I think the thermometer might just be a convenient excuse...only time will tell!!! Feels like this 2WW is in slow motion!

Anyway...I've got the day off today...yippee!!! Going to finish off my christmas shopping...like to get it down before school holidays...it's not that I'm organised, more that I can't stand not being able to get a carpark once school goes on holidays!!!

Hey...off the topic for a bit...does anyone here love The West Wing? I'm so excited it's back on again!

Take care all...
    Last edited by monnie; November 28th, 2006 at 10:48 AM.

Hi

Flowerchild, Good luck to you and I hope you get a bfp in time for Christmas too.
    I'm going ok, just wish that something would happen either af or bfp. I'll do another b/t next monday if still no af but I'm sure I'll cave in and do another hpt first. I hate this not knowing whats happening thing The test I had last week was just a plain old preg test I think. I didn't ask about levels or anything as I was a little shocked that it came back neg iykwim.

Thanks to Monnie, Flowerchild and Ktgirl for your wishes to dh. I'm so glad he's been at work this morning to pass the time away. He doesn't have to be at the hospital until 1:30 so I wouldn't expect him to go to theatre till atleast 5. what a long afternoon it's going to be!!!!!!!.

Hi girls - exciting news - I have my emoticons back!!

Pretty exciting after not having them for about 2 months lol! Bit the bullet and installed a new browser today and it all appears to be working again.

Mako - hope your DH's surgery goes well today, poor thing, I know how he feels. I am the world's biggest sook! I'm actually going to apologise to my FS on Thurs for my performance last week, but I was terrified! Let's hope that AF stays at bay for you sweetie!

BW - it's always tricky trying to nut these things out. I'm sure you'll come up with a solution that works.

Kt - that this is your month. Your chart is looking good. Hope the tww isn't too torturous for you!

Monnie - never watched the West Wing. When is it on? Don't talk to me about Christmas shopping. Every year I promise myself to be more organised, especially with our DDs bday now a few days after NY, but i've been so preoccupied with my surgery and getting that all over with that I've done nothing! All of our DDs pressies are still on layby, hoping to at least have them all out next week. Then I've got about 6 other gifts to get and I'm all done. So not too bad really. I'm lucky that I only work 2 days a week.

Not much happening with me. Last night of the bd fest tonight and then back to the FS on Thursday morning. Have a heap of questions for him so going to write them all down so I don't forget. Don't think this tww is going to be too bad for me. Now that I know our chances are so slim, I pretty much have no hope of a BFP. Strange but it makes it easier somehow.

I'm feeling really good about everything at the moment which worries me . I know that probably makes no sense but I've been really struggling the last few months and after my surgery I just feel kinda detached from the whole thing. I don't know if it's what I said above about holding out no hope that this will happen without IVF, but I just feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

We'll see how I'm feeling next week though!
    Last edited by Willow; November 28th, 2006 at 03:55 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello beautiful women of this thread!

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm off to Singapore for 2 weeks on Saturday! I'll be gone from the 2nd of Dec to the 18th of Dec. I'm sure in that time, Sarah and Kirsty will look after you all wonderfully!

Good luck to all you lovely ladies and may you all get your hearts' desires this Christmas.

Love and Seasons Greetings!

sushee

Ooooh Sushee, you lucky thing!

Have a fantastic holiday!

Hi girls,

I am exhausted today and can't keep my eyes open, so don't know whether this post is going to make any sense. But hey, can't stop typing....

Its my day 8 and last day on clomid for this cycle, don't think the tireness is due to any side effect though, purely lack of sleep. Thursday is going to do Day 10 b/t, have no idea what that is for...too early to check if I am ovulating??

Anyway, getting a bit anxious about the BD fest on horizon, too much emotions, wondering, worrying, missed it catch it etc. etc....I am sort of envy you Monnie in TWW period, its just wait no pressure. I can do sth to take my mind off that....yeah, like Xmas shopping, your lucky girls! Willow, 2 days a week, your spoilt! Oh, on the other hand, I guess its a full time job to have a two-year-old isn't it?

Mako, hope DH's surgery went well...and no show of AF

Ktgirl, hanging in there, not long to go till testing is it? Send lots of luck to you

Flowerchild, you must be on your day 2/3 clomid already? hope no side effects.

Have a great trip Sushee and for everyone I've missed, take care!!

Yeah BeiBei...I know what you mean about the pressure of BD fest...

This month we were able to have a good laugh about it...laughing at how robotic and planned it all feels...hey, if you can't laugh, you'll cry!

Tell you what though...the "special" pills for my DH and pre-seed for me took alot of pressure off...definitely will be continuing with that little strategy!

Ugh! The pressure! I'm thinking that even though I didn't want to officially take a break, the amount of BDing that's actually happening (it's too hot!) is leading to that anyway... It's 10:30 and I've only just had dinner, which is mainly as I need to eat to be able to take all my tablets!

I've been pondering pre-seed... but I figured I wanted to know when I was going to ovulate first to make it worth while. I just can't get enthusiastic about OPKs, no matter how hard I try!

Time for pills (metformin, arthritis meds, happy pills and the herbal stuff from my acupuncturist - I'm sure I'll start rattling sooner or later!), and then bed...

BW

Oh you poor thing BW...that is alot to take...

I didn't realise you had arthritis...sorry to ask such a dumb question, but does that impact on fertility in anyway?

It's just that I know a girl who struggled with fertility issues for a few years who also had arthritis...it was pretty bad...she ended up going on IVF and had absolutely beautiful twins...a girl and a boy...

Pre-seed is great...I've only used it once...and given the cost, it's not something I would use all the time...but it just made things a whole lot easier...

Nobody can really answer that question for me, monnie. We've never been able to track down what it is, if I tell my rheumy I want to know he starts talking serum-negative rheumatiod polyarthritis, with a few other words added (something about symmetry, I think), which is all just medical lingo to describe how it effects me... it responds badly to changes in the weather, but doesn't damage my joints at all... I've been told there is a link between insulin resistance and inflammation so it is possibly related to the PCOS. I'm assured that the meds I take won't effect fertility, and are safe during pregnancy... but there's always that big question mark there.

Changing my FF detector from research back to advanced and finally it stops trying to tell me I ovulated... not sure what to think of it... it's all just too depressing at the moment!

BW

Morning Girls.

Well the bd fest is officially over for us - perhaps for good! Meeting with our FS tomorrow morning so will see what he has to say about it all.

We used pre-seed last cycle and found it to be good. To be honest, I probably didn't really need it but wanted to try it and was a bit paranoid about the whole thing so it just made it easier to use it and not worry about that 'aspect'. It is expensive, but if we are able to ttc naturally in the future I'd use it again.

Sorry you're feeling a bit down today BW . I didn't get a coverline this month either, but that was because I stopped temping the day after my surgery and then I got a positive OPK so didn't bother with the rest of the month (because my OPKs, coverlines and blood tests have always matched up so was pretty certain the OPK was correct). Pretty sure I o'd on cd15 so not too worried about that. I've actually found that temping makes me obsess post ovulation a bit more than I normally do so maybe it's a good thing!

Mako - how did your DH go yesterday? Hope he is recovering well. Any sign of af yet??

Bei Bei - some months the bd fest is harder than others. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you and you manage to have some fun!

Hope everyone else is well.
    Last edited by Willow; November 29th, 2006 at 07:01 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast