Thread: What would u do???

Question What would u do???

I know it might be hard for u to answer this question for me but I need a little more insight before I can make a decision. Unexplainned Infertility.
    Did IVF #1 in Aug non sucessful - immature eggs due to the way they stimulated me. I am currently on a break and am seeing a Naturopath to get healthy and working on anxiety issues. Am feeling pretty good have had 4 natural cycles BFNs since IVF. Anyway I got a call saying that I was booked in for #2 IVF, EPU date 24th Jan meaning I need to start pill in 5 days. Need to make up my mind if I am gunna go again or not.
    Jan is a good month for us as we have nothing else on.
    But I dont know If I am ready something is holding me back.
    My options are IVF Dec/Jan, try IUI again or delay IVF til March/April, or keep on tyring natural????? Man I am so confused seriously I could go either way. Any advice? Any ideas on how to make a decision???
    TIA

hugs for you hun

Some times i think am i ever ready to stert trying again. my advice to you would be maybe to start th epill and if you decide that your not going to continue for another month or so then you canalways stop befor they start giving you injections and things, even if you stop after the first scan. my clinic only charges for what they have done, so BT and scans are paid for if my cycle is canciled.

do you need to go on the pill to do IUI?

also write down all the pros and cons hun as it seems like you have a few

GL

Hi Blayz

I am certainly not in your predicament with IVF, but if you find you are getting results from your Nathropath maybe it is better sticking with that, but that is only my opinion.

I always think that if you follow your instincts they never fail you and that if you are having second thoughts seriously, maybe it is better waiting that little bit longer till you are ready.

Either way i wish you all the best on your TTC journey

Hi Blayz

Ifelt the same as you and wasnt happy until someone tried to get to the bottom of our infertility. My doctor said that unexplained infertility means the right tests havent been done.. Maybe push for an answer before you go through the process once again. I couldnt have coped sticking with my first clinic since they just said the more I do ivf the better my chancesz are!! Search for answers and dont be satisfied with the label UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY.

Thank you I am still unsure, I felt like I wanted to do it last night then this morn am not sure again??? But I will do a pro and con list, good idea!
    Collo did they ever find an answer for you????

I probably can't help much because I was always very gung-ho and hated any holds up, but if something is holding you back then I think you need to try to get to the bottom of what it is, and listen to it.

It might be fear of the unknown, or something else, which you might understand a bit better once you have figured out exactly what is putting the brakes on for you.

I am indecisive with most things so I know how it feels to swing from one to the other.

Good luck sweety, I hope they find something real soon and you can get right off this roller coaster!

Thanks ladies, I walked into my appt with the FS today fully expecting to tell her No and I ended up booking in my cycle!!!!! Am happy though. I think the problem was I didnt have enuf info, I took in a list of questions and found the answers from there I was able to make a decision.Thanks summerluven, it is horrible to keep swinging! But I really needed the help making this choice. Poor DH I was yes/no/yes!! Lucky he is so cruisy! I feel good about it now and the timing is gr8 as with xmas, DH adn Mums Bdays and New years and visitors the time will FLY. But need to behave myself being on the drugs again! I can get a little RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr on them, the visitors better look out! hahaha

Good for you! You probably feel so much better not only for booking on and getting it going but just making the dang decision!

My girlfriend used to say I had my fangs out and was spitting like a spider....sppppppt. Thanks! Haha. Was true though...I was a feral. Poor DH used to say I was riding around on my broom, the Sabco2000.

Good luck with all those nasty drugs and all the "RRRRRrrrrrr". Try to have a lovely christmas and leave your visitors alone

Well we think we fo8und an answer looks like my immune system rejects embryos and my hormone levels drop too soon to sustain placental growth. Changed doctors and now im feeling more confident to do ivf again since we have a plan of attack. Before it was just " just keep trying its just unfortunate " and that came from a doctor???????? My previous clinic kept wanting to do natrual cycles no drugs or monitoring but my point was my husband and I can do that and have alot more fun thats why we are doing IVF for some help in that area. DER!!!!!!!!!!