Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help - medical required before new job offer and pg!

Also just thinking out loud, but your employer is not in the room when you have Medical as far as I can gather...

I wonder if you could say that there is a "chance" you could be preg & so therefore no xrays or similarly intrusive examinations?

I guess they'd have to mention it to the emplyer? Okay, so my out loud thinking might not be so good, Ok back to work you lot!

Hello Everyone and thank you all for your comments.

Well I had the medical today with the loveliest doctor and talked to him about the question. He was very adamant that it would not change anything and he has to write his recommendation that I have nothing that would prevent me from doing the job. So I am not so worried now but I should know the outcome in a week or so anyway. Fingers crossed!

kewpy Guest

GOOD LUCK

All the best with your pregnancy also.

GOOD LUCK Soph!!! :luck: :luck:

Just thought I'd update you all - got a call this morning and got the job!! Now I just have to see if I am entitled to mat leave at all.

=D> Congratulations! Thats great news! I hope you can get mat leave!

Jackie Guest

That is great news, Congratulations =D>

Congrats Soph - sounds like you handled everything every professionally. Kudos to you!

YAY!! Congratulations Soph!! That is great news! =D>

Kirsty77 Guest

CONGRATULATIONS Soph!!!!
    Thats so good about the doctor being so nice about it.

Update girls!!! Just found out 2 great things - the job is actually in the city office which is fantastic for me (thought I was going to have a tricky train and bus journey). Plus I get paid mat leave!!!!! Fantastic! Today has just been so good. Now we just need bub to keep doing as it should - grow baby grow and keep that heart beating!!!

Nikki Guest

Congratulations Soph.

That's all great news!!!

Yay for you Soph!

I'm just stunned they make you go through such an extensive medical for a desk job!

That's fantastic, Soph! I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well for you!!

Thats fantastic!! It just keeps getting better! YAY!

TryingToDoItAll Guest

Hi Soph,

I find myself in the EXACT same position you were in when you wrote this thread.
    I have been advised verbally that I am the 'leading candidate' for a position Ive applied for and that I will recieve the paperwork in regards to a pre-employment medical this week.

I want this job VERY much. It too is mainly a desk job but it will involve some driving to work sites and taking photos on occasion.

I was wondering if I could email you or message you directly somehow to ask about your experience and subsequently how your new employer received the message about your impending birth.
    I know all employers are different, Im just hoping that because mine will be a Council / Government that they wont take it as personally as perhaps a small firm might.

Any assistance with how to handle this and show my new employer that I REALLY WAS the best candidate would be greatly appreciated.

Justine - from Tasmania [email protected]

LOL This thread is over 2 years old but I hope Soph responds for you Justine I'd like an update!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12