Thread: Okay fess up

Default Okay fess up

How many of you girls said you would go back to work after having babies but never did. Anyone at all ??

I said i might when the kids start school but I can't see it happening LOL.

Love :smt049

Pietta Guest

I cant wait to go back to work and/or studying myself. I think I may be one of the only ladies that I know who just dont find being a full time SAHM satisfying. I have only been doing it for three weeks I know but I cant wait to at least go back to studying. I promised myself that before I had Ryley that I would stay true to myself and actually finish my second degree and get a career underway.
    I will totally only be doing anything part-time so that I am always there for Ryley when he needs me but I would feel like I was not being the best Mum I could because I wouldnt be happy and an unhappy Mum = an unhappy family!! (Well from what I hear!!)

I always thought I would want to go back after about 6 months. And now that Olivia is 7 months I don't know what I want!

I am doing a fair amount of work from home, which is good $$ but I resent the fact that I need to work "after hours" when normally I would "clock off" at 5pm. And I have made a pact with myself not to work whilst Olivia is awake. This means I work in my DH/BB/Ebay time, usually after dinner.

I keep getting nice offers of p/t contract work, but I can't bear the thought of putting Olivia into care yet. Also, if I do decide to take on a job, I fear I will miss her too much. But I also miss working outside in the big bad world.

So, I am a very confused bunny over this!

Hi - when caitlin was six months old and my partner was not working, it was looking like I would have to work and he would be home dad for a while - I cried like a baby. He got a job the next week.

I always knew I'd have to work part time and at ten months old, Caitlin went to my mums two days i week while i worked at my old job in the city. But I knew I was getting retrenched a few months later. I dont know how i got into the city in work dress ups by 8am - its a mystery now. what do stockings look like ?

I'd love not to have to work and I have mum friends who dont, but then, one said yesterday that her boy wasnt going to three year old kinda cos it cost too much.

barb.

I was always going to go back after around the 6 month mark! That was 12 months ago!!!!!

I may prob go back part time when Jack is in school but then again, I might not.

Go back to work now? NO WAY!! I'm having too much fun!!!

Jo

Pee I so hear you on the SAHM vs work/studying issue!!

I have done the SAHM thing and I do not knock anyone who does it ... it is a damn hard job!! Having said that it is truely not for me. I spent 7 years studying to get my degree and I LOVE my job!!! I guess I am lucky in that I am a teacher which means I get holidays to spend with the kids and I do a lot of prep work at home when they are in bed. I am also lucky in that I work close to home (about 5 minutes drive) and I finish earlier than Emma & Jack so I can pick them up from school and they are only in before school care.

I am going back to work on October 18th I am really looking forward to it. I will be working 2 1/2 days for the rest of this year and depending on how our budget pans out by doing this will depend on what I do next year!!! Asha has been going to child care for 4 weeks now, just Wednesdays, and I have had no problems in doing that. I have to add that the child care centre she goes to is the only one we have used since we moved to Perth (Jack was 2 1/2 when he started there!!) and I know all the girls who work there and they are a great team!!! I also need to add that if we could afford it I would stay home until next year but it is not to be (but I am not upset by that KWIM??)

I have had lots of comments about why did I bother to have kids if I was going to work instead of staying home but all I can say to those people is :-# ... please don't comment unless you have lived my life!!! I love the independence my job gives me and God forbid [-o< anything should happen to Ryan I know that I would be able to look after us all. I also enjoy the adult company I get and even though some people find it hard to believe ... it is ME time!!!

I went back to work part time and studied part time when Emma was 2 months old and worked until she was 9 months old (we moved because of my XH job) then I just studied. I was still studying part time when I had Jack and when I seperated from my now XH I studied full time until November of 2000 then I went back to work full time. My kids have never known it to be any different and are used to it, in fact they still go to after school care once a week because they love the centre and the staff and their friends are there! I am a happier person when I am working which results in a happier family and it also gives us the money to do the things we want to do (UK holiday 2001, Qld holiday 2003 etc...). We have to be organised at home to make it work so well and the kids have their routine in the morning which they know and some days I really don't feel like going to work because it is all too hard but I know if I don't I feel like my day isn't complete.

Wow that turned into an epic post!! Sorry!! I am thinking about going back to study for my Masters next year too so life will be even busier!! I think I must be going insane!!! lol

Cheers

When Evan was 11 weeks old the Vet surgery I worked at when i was 15 till I was 17 heard I was back in town & asked me to fill in for them as one of there nurses had walked out. I wasn't planning on going back to work at that stage but to me fate was knocking on my door so I gave it a go. 4 hours a week slowly turned in to 4 days a week by the time Evan was 2. Now Im on maternity leave with Glenn & the plan is to do 2 days a week (4 hour shifts) in december. I think i will do this as I do enjoy my job but I also don't want to do more then that. DH has just started a new job as he was the SAHD & worked casual night shifts but that was not reliable enough to live on. He really wants to stay at home but so do I & im going to stick to my guns. We will both have to do Part time work to keep every one happy & the bills paid. we have always struggled money wise so this is nothing new. It would be nice to not have to worry about that though but family is more important to us. Plus I am not putting my kids into day care for some one else to raise. If it got to the point that I needed day care then I wouldn't work. It cost to mush to start with & they are my kids I will look after them.